Soccersixes

Hello all,

S6 - T&C's (soccersixes.net)

I signed up to the soccersixes 6 aside league with some work colleagues back in March. 

Thought it would be a bit of fun and had played in 6 aside leagues previously without issue.

We were doing okay up until recently where we have suffered injuries and members of the team have taken up new jobs elsewhere and so can no longer play. I have given the league manager notice to take our team out of the league as of 18/6/2021 as we're now really struggling.

He has said we have to keep fielding a team until a replacement is found and continue covering match fees as per the T&C, however he has also now revealed that the league is actually 22 games long which was not clear from the outset - we have played 9 games so far. He is making no guarantee that a replacement will be found and is asking me to possibly cover match fees over the entire course of this 22 game long season (£20 cancellation fee per game). 

Having read around online with people reporting similar situations with this same company, I am a bit concerned.

What's my best course of action here?

I do not feel it justified to have to keep paying these fees.

I would never have agreed to the T&C if it would be taking on a potential commitment to 22 games and this was never specified from the outset.

I find it unbelievable that the company cannot find a proper route for a team struggling through no fault of their own to leave the league when 6 aside leagues I've played in previously have managed it.

Do I have much legal standing here?

I understand they are known to threaten people with letters and debt collectors, and threaten to take them to court.

stuff and all anyone can do

ignore everything.

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope everything is simply hot air ignore

did you not read a few threads in the link i posted?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Kool and welcome to CAG

There may be a contract but they are not enforced from what we've seen over many years.

Tell the CONTACT you are unable to continue to field teams to play for various reasons and will be unable to communicate with them further.

Keep us posted .............

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks yeah I've had a look through the other threads, they all seem to just end without any further updates.

I've told the contact that due to various reasons we will be unable to continue playing in the league and I will not be communicating further as of last week.

I've blocked his number to avoid the incessant spam messages.

I've just had a letter through the post telling me to pay the cancellation fee for the last game.

I'll ignore this too

Will keep you guys posted.

:cheer2:

and they

• 1 month later...

@KooLtothow did it go? Did you get any further threats of court action or claims? Curious as I’ve just begun experiencing the same situation

Edited by Tdruid

They dont do court or anything

BUt please CREATE your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

Dx

and they

On 08/09/2021 at 08:15, Tdruid said:

@KooLtothow did it go? Did you get any further threats of court action or claims? Curious as I’ve just begun experiencing the same situation

please will you post your story on a completely new thread. You will get better help and advice there and also having a new thread will make it more likely that this company or scheme will appear higher in the Google rankings and people will know where to come for help.

• Thanks 1