KC SOFAS . Brand new sofa screws falling out.

arianna22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a corner sofa online and a chair that reclines.

Had it delivered last Wednesday.

Today while trying to put the foot rest up on the right side of the corner settee a clunk and looked down 2 screws where on the floor. I screwed them back in but noticed that there was 2 on the right side but 3 on the left side recliner. I then emailed the company that is KC SOFAS . 

I hate the sofa anyway its so small the leather fabric is already looking creased and stretched. The chair is small and  if your on the big side you won't fit in it. I.m a size 14 and it's a tight fit you feel very squashed, also the seats just look so small and it's a corner one which you think would be a good size but sadly it's not. Paid £399 for the chair and £1199 for the corner settee. 

I waited around 6wks for this to be delivered as well since ordering just wish I could of viewed it first.

What's my rights now as screws falling out within a wk is a joke. Also the screws have fallen back out since I put them back in and they was in tight .

I also had to tightened the other 2 that was left in there and they lose again and the seat was only put up to see if it was OK since I done it, it had not been used at all. 

I.m concerned now incase anything else is going to start falling part.

you have had it delivered less than 14 and as this was a distance selling?? via the internet? you are within your rights to return it under your short term right to reject, of the CRA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to KC SOFAS . Brand new sofa screws falling out.

Was this a standard item or custom-made?

If it was a standard item then you can certainly rely on the distance selling rules. If it was custom-made then you will have to point to defects in order to return it within the 30 day rejection rule under the consumer rights act.

Just to point out. The distance selling rules – and the right to reject rules under the consumer rights act are not the same thing.

Yes. If it was custom-made then I'm afraid that you lose your rights under the distance selling rules.
You must definitely write to them and tell them that you are asserting your short-term right to reject under the consumer rights act and you want to know what arrangements they are making to recover the items and to reimburse you