Quick Car Credit/First Response Finance - faulty car .

I got a car in Nov 2020 from quick car credit

had nothing but problems since having it which got sorted by quick car credit

now the engine has the oil warning light on it and its now dangerous to drive

been told my 4 different garages its best to just get a new engine as its a common fault with these cars

first response are telling me to get a diagnosis of the fault and report it to them but they won't help with the costs as its £500 alone just to strip the engine to find what's gone on it.

Quick car credit will not help as they say its out of warranty with themselves.

I have been in contact with 3 solicitors ive been told to tell them they are going against my consumers credit act section 75 as its not 12 months and I just get them fobbing me off with we are talking about that act we are talking about this act. 

I need to know where I stand with this any help I would be grateful for.

nothing to do with the finance co at this stage yet nor section 75.

your redress is against the retailer under your consumer rights 

how are you jumping to an oil pressure?  warning light equals complete engine replacement?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've been told by all garages it's a oil pressure and the garage it is in now they are telling me its got oil pressure but not enough that it needs to remain fully working engine and its just easier to replace the whole engine. 

I told the dealer and they are just telling me its not up to them now as ive had it over 6 months so it's out of their warranty 

Warranties mean nothing.

DX

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm just stuck with a car I can't use and I haven't had it over 12 months yet I have a warranty with another company called A1 Approved

all parties say I cant do anything unless I paid for it to be diagnosed to see what is wrong with it

meaning they want to strip the engine

I just don't know where I'm going with

this its causing me more stress than what's needed 😭

As they are all saying its not against my rights and all first response can do is offer me a loan to fix it or replace the engine of up to 75% but I have to diagnose it first 

• dx100uk changed the title to Quick Car Credit/First Response Finance - faulty car .

what date did you sign the agreement and is it Hire purchase please?

and they

Yes, we need more information about the type of finance agreement. As my site team colleague has asked – was bought on hire purchase?

What did you pay for the car, what make, model, mileage?

Who were the dealers?

Yes it is hire purchase I paid £200 deposit as they took my other car as part exchange for £200 so all together £400 

Ford focus 2013 ecoboost turbo when brought mileage was 68,759 miles its now at 74 something miles ive just about 6k miles in it since purchased 

Dealers are quickcarcredit 

Brought the car for 6k paying first response 10k back 

Found out the car is only worth £4,895 in value 

When was it bought?

Sorry forgot to include that 26th Nov 2020 I never got to look at the car only saw picture and it got dropped off to me before it even got a finance agreement on it. I got hassled by the dealership all day until I purchased the car now feel mugged off as they wouldn't leave me alone even if I said give me half an hour they would phone 20 minutes later 

I don't really understand because looking at the website https://www.quickcarcredit.co.uk/ they simply seem to be organising credit agreements in order to help people buy cars. They aren't the dealer. They don't seem to have a stock of cars. They don't seem to have a showroom

How far away from you are they?

Please could you provide a Google link to their address where the cars are stored.

They are 38 mins away from myself 

This is what I put in I went on to pictures and It gives you a picture with the court with all cars on it with the building or go onto maps it will show you the building 

Edited by Lil Worthy92

So it's not quite clear – but I gather that you bought a car for £6000 using your own car on a part exchange basis for which they gave you £200 – so pretty negligible value.

It appears that in fact the car is worth £1000 less than you bought it – but I'm afraid you won't be able to do anything about that.

It's on hire purchase and that means that the finance company is responsible. Luckily you didn't pay by cash or paid by bank transfer so this will be helpful because this company is regulated by the FCA and that means that you have a certain amount of protection.
Also it means that in extremis, you have protection under the Consumer Credit Act. You say that you've been to various solicitors but I don't understand what their response has been.

I understand that the car works but you have been advised not to drive it because there is potentially an oil problem and to drive it could risk causing damage to the engine. Is this correct?

Who is it who told you not to drive it?

Also, you are talking about a company called First Response. What have they got to do with it?

The car does not work at all. RAC breakdown attendant and the multiple garages have stated that due to the rattling, grinding sound, flickering oil warning light and the smell of burning coming from the engine bay, I have been advised that the car is unsafe to drive and is a potential hazard to drive.

First Response will not have anything to do with helping me with dealing with the trader to get the repairs done without paying a £500 diagnosis fee to the garage the car is currently at. That £500 is for a complete engine strip down to find the fault, the faulty parts and to see if the fault has been there either before we had the car or has is a recent fault since I have had it.

Thank you but you aren't telling us who First Response are and what their involvement is.

Have you got anything in writing from any of those organisations/garages that have seen the symptoms of the problem and advise you not to drive?

first response are the finance creditor - crap ripoff bad credit car finance providers. HP agreement

and they

First Response is the company who have finance the car for a loan of 10k 

I have to go down to the garage tomorrow to pick up the report they have done for me with quotes for a new engine as they have said its a common issues with these cars and its best to just go for a new engine.

I have my RAC report from the breakdown and about the problem.

I still don't understand the relationship between First Response and Quick Car Credit who I had understood were providing the finance in addition to the car.

Also, they apparently say that it is out of warranty with themselves – but what do you know about the warranty? Was it a three month warranty or 12 month warranty? (Not that it is very significant because you are protected by your statutory rights).

Which garages it which is providing you with this report? It sounds as if it would be very helpful to you.

Please can you post up the RAC report in PDF format.

Also I asked you about the solicitors – and you haven't addressed that question.

This is the document from my RAC breakdown says its unsafe to drive down to the light needs more investigation.

Quickcarcredit are very rude and not helpful at all when you bring it to their attention.

They just tell me its not their problem anymore as I had 6 months warranty with them as ive had the car over 6 months they will no longer help me with any issues.

Quick car credit got me the finance with first response, well pressured me in to accepting the finance and the car.

11599511-20210624-00-41-57.pdf

I spoke to solicitors as I wanted some advice because everyone is telling me that quick car credit aint going against any of my rights. I don't know what to do ive been told to open an complaint with first response. 

I also asked you which garage it is which is providing you with a report which you are meant to be collecting tomorrow. You haven't addressed this either.

He will be very helpful if you would tend to respond to the questions that are put to you because otherwise it's a bit like pulling teeth

Thank you. When you get the report, please post it up here in PDF format.

A couple more questions – what date directly take delivery of the car?

I understand from the date on the RAC report they went wrong on 23 June.

It looks as if you may just have missed out on the Consumer Rights Act six months right to reject rule. This is not a problem although it would have made things slightly simpler.

When did you actually take delivery of the car?

Also, have you got a copy of this warranty document? Was it supplied as part of the deal or did you buy additionally?