Car finance, dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'll keep it brief.

I've just taken out hp car finance. I can afford the monthly payments, it was confirmed the dealer was paid on Monday.

I thought it'd be easy to go and collect the car but due to my hours the 10 hour all inclusive trip and trying to fit it in (as I do 12 hour shifts and on my days off have my daughter. It's literally due to the current pattern. Normally it's pretty good)

The dealer however is refusing to deliver without me taking the jaunt to see it. It has warranty, I've had a comprehensive video also. It seems the area manager has an issue with it.

I know during lockdown and before many dealerships have no issue with people ordering with travelling the distance to see it.

Can I ask.

Am I able to withdrawal completely from the finance and the car purchase?

Or can I tell the dealer look the car has been paid therefore I require it to be delivered?

What date did you sign the agreement?

And why have you purchased a car 5hrs away...

And no the dealer is not obliged to deliver.

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sunday it was signed. As we know with cars just because ones round the corner doesn't mean it's a great deal. Normally it'd not be an issue getting. Just my hours currently.

You can cancel the finance agreement within 14 days

read the agreement s right to cancel box/section

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as this was an online purchase? you have 14 days to cancel too.

and they

If you have a look around at the used car problems that we have on this website, most of them have at least one element – paid by cash or paid by bank transfer, cheap car, bought a substantial distance away.

We don't how much your car is, but to require a 10 hour return journey is really quite excessive. And I gather that you haven't even seen it.

Although to a great extent you are protected by the fact that you have bought it on finance, even dealing with the finance company under the consumer credit act can be problematic because we are finding that mostly they are extremely uncooperative to the point of being obstructive.

Here's just one example where there is a finance agreement in place 

and here is another

And there are many more cases where people have bought cars at ridiculous distances from their home.

You say that just because it's close to you doesn't mean it's a good deal. Does that mean to say that because it's five hours away from you, it must be a good deal – and you haven't even seen it?

Have you factored in what you are going to do if you have some problem in the next two or three or four months – or within the next 12 months and you have to return it to the dealer to be repaired and then go back home while you wait for the repair to be carried out and then to go back down again and collect it and bring it back home.

I have to say that I'm a bit impressed the dealer actually wants you to see the thing before you collect it. Most dodgy dealers wouldn't so that's one good point in their favour but still you are taking a huge risk.
I don't know what difference you think a warranty makes. A warranty simply serves to distract you from your statutory rights and give you the impression that you have got some protection which you wouldn't have otherwise.
Warranties are by and large a con trick intended to give the impression to some naïve purchaser that they are getting some extra protection or some extra value as part of the purchase.

Wait and see what happens if you have to enforce the warranty. Ha ha.

The best thing you could possibly do is exercise your rights under the cooling off period and cancel. Buy something closer to home.

If you don't, then the chances are that you will be back here again in a few months asking for help because the car is defective and you are having difficulty getting it sorted out.

Already you seem to be having some kind of dispute about the difficulty of going to collect it. And it hasn't even gone wrong yet.

My site team colleague above is absolutely correct, unless it is written into the contract the car does not have to be delivered to you. You have to collect it.

Don't you see the warning signs already?

• Like 2

Hi bankfodder. Over the course of my Nightshift I've come to same conclusion as you've pointed out. An email has already been sent to the dealer saying I won't be purchasing the vehicle. 

Obviously when the world wakes up I'll sort the finance company out etc

Edited by Sabash167

Watch out for pressure now when the dealer attempts to recover the purchase by offering to deliver the vehicle.

Stand your ground – but also appreciate that this problem has been caused by you

• Like 1

Spoke to the finance company first who advised talk to the dealer to start the unwind process. Spoke to the dealer and They were great..didn't even ask about delivering it. Said they would get the ball rolling. So it's all being reversed 

I'll call both parties Monday to check this has all been done. Just updating the thread.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it seems to be going so smoothly. Still – just to be cautious, confirm all telephone calls in writing. Make a note what was agreed and send it to them by email. Send a copy to the finance company. If you write anything to the finance company then copy it to the dealer.
This is all good practice and makes sure that you are covered if suddenly something goes wrong