I was stopped at Danish/Sweden border and charged with two offences, one motoring and one smuggling.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is submitted by My Father with my full permission

Diary of Sweden 2019 to date

Last update 23/06/2021

Document list:

Letter from Transport Styrelsen 290519

Letter to Transport Styrelsen 141220

Certificate from Kronofogden sent 150520 received 130221

Essex magistrates letter 120221

Documents received 130221 in Swedish

Letter from Kronofogden sent 150520 received 130221

Letter from Kronofogden 150321

Letter with new hearing date 060421

Notes on appearing in court

Swedish translation

Data between inverted commas is file name

15th May 2019

I was stopped at the border having arrived from Denmark.

I was several hours behind other drivers in our convoy of articulated trucks

You need to add what happened to you include tests and results where you were taken how long held what they did with truck including damage when they moved it.

Did they speak to you in English at all times,

was their English understandable,

was any paperwork translated into an English hard copy,

were you given option of having English translations

When were you released including taking you licence away.

Did they offer any assistance?

Were you offered the assistance of a legal representative and legal aid.

The only part in the English Language is “Letter from Transport Styrelsen 290519” and that was about 5 lines on the second page saying I could send a statement to not lose my driving licence rights in Sweden

All other paperwork sent to Chelmsford address is in Swedish only so no idea what the charges were and I was not at any stage offered the services of a translator.

The “Essex magistrates letter of 120221” point 6 says I was offered the chance of a reply.

That was only true if I could speak Swedish.

I have tried running all the paperwork sent to me through a translator and it makes no sense whatever.

The statement they have sent to court

Documents received 130221 in Swedish are wrong,

I was not given the right to reply, just said I could make a statement about retaining my right to drive in Sweden.

This was the only opportunity I had to defend myself.

In the “Letter from Kronofogden sent 150520 received 130221” sent with the Essex Magistrates letters was dated 15/05/2020 is that now out of date for action, also that’s in English so there is no excuse for other documentation not to be in English

Kronofogden states that no letters were returned to them,

this is not true as my father sent at least two of them back as Not at this address as I have moved twice since this incident

In the “Certificate from Kronofogden sent 150520 received 130221” it states

I was Drunk driving, that is not true as I was breathalysed and that read completely clean, I was not given results of blood and urine tests.

The Certificate does not split up the fines for the two offences, only the fine and the Sum of money to the Public Fund.

On the European framework list that was sent to me in document "Essex magistrates letter 120221" and also the Certificate the only offence was 34.

Smuggling of goods.

Drunk driving was not one of the offences to be included on the list,

therefore I should not have to pay the full amount and as the amounts only show total for fines and not each offence separately, I should not have to pay total amount I should only pay the fine for the offence of smuggling. As they have not itemised fines then this should be dismissed.

If not please ask for time to pay after looking at my financial statement.

11th May 2021

Attended magistrates court with my father who had much of the information and understanding of the correspondence.

He was stopped at the entrance and was refused entry,

they then ushered me in straight up to wait outside the courtroom so I could not get the information from my Father.

This was stated as Covid rules; the legal people arrived and just walked through with no questions asked.

One Paralegal (who happened to be black) was stopped and refused entry even though she arrived with her client,

there was a huge argument and the Court manager was requested by the paralegal.

This is not the way to give justice to people.

On the European framework list that was sent to me in document "Essex magistrates letter 120221" and also the Certificate the only offence was 34.

Smuggling of goods.

The Magistrate stated that they were not concerned with original case where the fine was given only this one, so judgement was given against me.

They said the judgement would be sent to me

To present:

I have up to present not received a copy of the judgement

I have had three copies of further action sent to me, one at my old address and when I informed them again (as I did in court} they sent another two copies of the further action letter to me.

so the bottom line is...

due to the use of some Swedish language documents, ...

essex magistrates have found you guilty of smuggling and Drink Driving at a Swedish boarder crossing, whereby, a breath test proved negative at the time and the charge of DD should have been dropped??

or

is it that the DD charge had already been dropped, but due to language issues, essex magistrates have fined you the incorrect sum quoted by swedish judicial system for both charges?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The two charges were:

Drunk Driving

Minor narcotics trafficking

Fine SEK 25,000 + Victim charges SEK 800 total SEK25,800 (£2080-85)

I was breathalysed at the time and passed OK, it was actually positive for Cannabis.

I only found all this out and all that was happening when I received the Letter from Essex Magistrates

At the time in Sweden I was not offered interpreted documents

All documents that arrived from Sweden were not in English and I was not offered a translator at any time.

I spoke to a person from Fair Trails International and the only help they could give was to say contact a Swedish Lawyer.

This should not have gone ahead without English translations according to Fairtrails.org

The letter from Kronofogden to UK HM Courts and Tribunals was dated 15/05/2020 but was not received by myself from Essex Magistrates until 14/02/2021

In the certificate sent there is no Statutory provision /code for Drunk Driving

At the hearing in Magistrates Court, my Father collated all the documents and information and as I live a long way from him and the Court he read up and bought all the documents with him. Looking at "Notes on appearing in court" document There will be a duty Solicitor available at the court (There was not)

I was allowed someone to attend with me. That was my father with the information. (He was refused entry to the building) Yet solicitors etc were allowed entry without challenge.

The reason for all this is I need Sweden to tell why I did not have documents in English so as to have a fair trail.

Same with having my Father with me with all the paperwork.

Can we do anything about these

Hi.

I've had to remove your documents because you've left in your name and address. You need to keep this anonymous.

Please cover up personal details and repost them.

Have you put the Swedish version through something like Google translate, Babelfish, etc to see if it can make any sense of it?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum