LGPS and employment history

I have been employed by the LA who pay my wages for a school for 23 years.

I have held 3 posts at the school at different times, with one post merging into a 4th.

This last one, I have paid pension into for 12 years, until I deferred about 10 years ago and found the payments difficult.

When I looked at my pensions the other day there were some dates in my employment history missing. I spoke to the Pension we ran through the dates for each one and the reason for them stopping. A couple added up but the most recent one, which I previously mentioned said it had stopped and the 'contract had ended'.

I'm pretty certain this is the pension I can opt back into and had carried on paying. I asked for a record of my work history from HR which also does not match up and lists a job I never did. 

Should I be concerned about these discrepancies? I am. 

Hi.

Did you keep your payslips by any chance? Or paperwork when you left the school? It's important to keep your own records.

Probably the way to go is an SAR, but what other records do you have?

ETA: How long ago did you leave?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I still work there, I have continuous employment with the one post but deferred the pension about 11 years ago. The other two posts were within the same school at different times but left them as they were ancillary. I have asked for wage slips but may resort to an SAR if they cannot/will not comply.

LGPS usually sort things out OK.

you seem like a good friend of mine, he had 7 posts over 32 yrs but had to retire early at 50 as he could as he had overriding grandad rights from my 1st contract in 1982 stating so.

you might find HMRC and NI contributions useful evidence too, though i believe once you give your county LGPS authority too, they can view all those.  he had 2 periods (around 1992 the time thatcher made FE go private and ruined it!!) whereby the works records claimed he paid no pension but HMRC proved he did because its 6% before PAYE tax is taken.

hope this helps

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...