HSBC £20K Loans, been paying £1pcm since 2008 to MCS, now moorcroft want the £1pcm.Old debt from 2008

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have an old debt bank loan from back in 2008 which I defaulted on and was passed on to a debt collection agency back then and I agreed a token payment of £1 per month which I have continued to pay since.

Today I have had a letter from a new collection agency stating they have taken the debt on but have not had contact to verify this from the previous one and continue to pay them the £1 per month. This fell off my credit file back in 2014/15 and have continued paying the token payment.

I have never been issued with a ccj on this and my question is can this new debt collection agency give me a ccj on this debt after all of this time?

Of course by paying a pound a month, you have kept the enforceability of the debt alive stop

If you've been paying a pound per month all this time then either there was an explicit agreement or one could certainly say there was an agreement and so the new debt owners have basically bought the debt under its existing terms which would include accepting that you are going to pay a pound a month. Of course if you broke the instalment scheme anyway, this would give them a basis for moving in and trying to get a CC J.
I expect that my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along soon to give you much better advice.

What type of Bank loan ?

When you defaulted with the Bank, how much did you owe approx ?

Who did you agree the £1 token payment arrangement with ?  Is this the last DCA you were dealing with, before the debt was transfered to a new DCA

Which DCA's have been involved ?    There are many DCA's who have the same parent company owners and also there have been many DCA's bought out by new owners who have taken on the debts.

What is the current debt balance approx ?

Was there ever a period, when you did not make any payments towards the debt ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It was for an HSBC personal bank loan of 20k Was passed onto metropolitan collection services which agreed the £1 payment plan and have paid them every month since and they have left me alone. The new DCA is moorcroft and balance is still roughly them same. 

I have always paid the agreed £1 as if I got a ccj I would lose my job.

cash cowed blind.

just run the sb date to infinity for 15yrs.

who are moorcrofts client please

and i bet you have a bank account and or a card with hsbc too...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to HSBC £20K Loans, been paying £1pcm since 2008 to MCS, now moorcroft want the £1pcm.Old debt from 2008

Metropolitan collection services appear to be part of HSBC and Moorcroft work with many Banks to continue the collection activities, once the Bank no longer wishes to do the administration.

I suspect therefore that HSBC still own the debt ? Does the Moorcroft letter confirm this ?

For the £12 a year you are paying, I am not sure it is worth mucking around too much.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

as pointed out the met were HSBC's fake internal DCA and banks latterly actually got reprimanded by the regulatory authorities for pretending to be a dca when customers phoned up.

moorcroft don't buy debts - so are collecting for their stated client, which will be listed at the top of their letter.

NO DCA can 'give you a CCJ' 

only the debt owner can issue a court claim to TRY and get a CCJ, they have to abide by the pre-action protocol and issue a letter of claim 1st - but you'd reply and most probably win hands down.

whoever told you or lead you to believe a DCA has superpowers wants shooting, though it could of been your own error by p'haps ringing the DCA and getting scammed on the phone back in 2008? ...looks like it to me.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type.

all you've done since 2008 is run the statute barred date to infinity.

time to wise up....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the letter states they have taking over just the collection of the debt.

Have no intention of stopping my token payment as this will probably cause me more problems in the long run then as definitely do not want a ccj. I just wanted to know if after all this time of paying the token payment the likelihood of them attempting to give me one when I continue to pay a token payment each month.

are HSBC their stated client at the top?

dx

and they

original creditors (the Banks) don't do court, so since 2008 you've been paying £1PCM simply running the statute barred date into infinity, which means you will never be rid off this debt, simply because of some silly myth you read somewhere about CCJ's.

now what is a shame too is the longer this has gone on, the more difficult information about the debt becomes, like WHY have HSBC not sold it on to a debt buying DCA, who's eyes will light up when they see this balance and pull every scam in their book to make you pay it, including the threat of court.

get an SAR off to HSBC and it might also pay you to send them a CCA request, cause it could be no signed agreement exists,, and if so, thge debt is unenforceable and is dead.

and they