Lowell/Overdale 5xPAPLOC Now claimform - old Cap1Card debt.

Bazooka Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes Andy, drop that payment right down to £1 a month now.

Did you have an agreement with Cr@p1 or did you just start paying them a fiver a month?

Once I defaulted, I ignored the phone calls etc. but wrote to them explaining my financial situation in a letter and made the offer of £5/ month standing order as a 'goodwill' gesture suggested by dx on here which I set up couple of months ago mate. I also stated I wouldn't take phone calls etc. and would only correspond in writing on the matter but they seemed to ignore me on that point. I've not received any sort of income/ outgoings form and to be honest, I feel that's none of their business.

No need to send an income and expenditure form although I would send them a copy of your JSA award (minus your NI number and amounts if you are getting extra for family members)

Tell them again no phone calls etc and sorry but its £1 per month.

Should they decide to take you to court it will take them 5 years just to get back court fees!

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Your right, it is none of their business.

Send them nothing, drop the payments to £1 a month, as you GOGW has obviously been ignored too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

So just received a call from Freds :censored:

Seems I needed to fine-tune my truecall settings, they slipped through my defences! :-x

What annoyed me most was the automated computer voice welcoming me to 'fredrickson' then being put through to a young girl who read from her script, like a good little girl and how she has been taught.

'Can I speak to Mr ....?

WHO'S THIS?

'It's Fredrickson Intl and I need to talk to Mr..... about a business matter'

I DON'T HAVE ANY BUSINESS MATTERS WITH YOU, REMOVE THIS NUMBER FROM YOUR FILES AND DON'T RING AGAIN ..........click'

Now to start the complaints process with the FCA, they started off calling themselves FPC, I knew who it was, then changed to Freds,

FPC is a trading style of freds intl registered office is the 'Leeds losers' apex view.

Freds intl is part of the lowlife group registered office at Ellington House? still Leeds, can only guess that the use of different addresses is an attempt to exploit debtors lack of knowledge?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

YAY!! YAY!! :whoo::cheer2::rockon:

I finally have a missive of my favourite tame solicitor Mr Bryan Bloody Carter!

It's his usual first threat letter telling me I 'must' contact Freds within 14 days blah blah blah. In my book MUST is synonymous with 'may' so I will not be contacting anyone, less for a bit of baiting.

The normal box with fees that they will add should they take it to court 'yawn yawn'

And that "This is a serious matter & you may wish to seek legal advice"Yeah thanks for that stirling piece of advice bryan, you would do well to take some legal advice of your own, this is one cage you didn't want to rattle old boy.

So rang him up, spoke to a pleasant enough lady, who explained that the first letter is the ''pre-sue'' missive, (chuckle) informed her that this was already being paid directly to Cr@pone, transferred me to Fredrickson Intl, and spoke to a very pleasant chap called Tom, so pleasant in fact I wished him a good weekend!

However he told me that if I am paying them direct then he will refer this back to them, like I said, they're happy to take the money each month to which he replied, if that's the case then there is no need for us.

Exactly I thought, there is zero need for any DCA.

I'll have to go over the call again but when I mentioned I had reported ''all'' of them, he inquired who I had reported and who to, told him BC was being reported to the SRA, and that Fredrickson Intl and FPC were being reported to the FCA for trying to exploit the debtors lack of knowledge by using different trading names when in fact they are the same company, and for using their tame pet solicitor BC.

All in all a successful late Friday call, bet they're not as chirpy first thing on a Monday?

• 1 month later...

Well that was a turn up for the books I must say!

Letter from Cr@pital One today, acknowledging my complaint of harassing phone calls, up to four a day all blocked by Truecall, and as a GOGW they will be sending me a cheque for £75, yes, seventy five pounds, I had to read it a couple of time to be sure, but that's what they say?

I'll only believe that when it has cleared in my bank....still only getting £1 a month mind.

:phone: It really is the puppies privates, so glad I bought one, even bought one for my old dear too!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, cheque arrived Saturday for £75...in the bank today should be cleared in time for the weekends shenanigans....

• 4 years later...

Had a cr@pone card, (Aqua) defaulted around £280, (£200 limit) been paying £1 a month now down to £218.

Two months after defaulting on the first Cr@pone card, managed to obtain another from Cr@pone, again £200 limit, defaulted, been paying £1 a month since.

Is their any scope in an IRL claim? Or shall I just suck it up and continue payments for the life of the debt?

TIA...Boo

Credit Cards more harder to do IRL claims on. I would say no in this case.

Its the lowest Credit Limit they do, but you passed their criteria checks.

TBH if i was you... £1 a month per debt is pretty good to keep them off your back :)

I wouldnt want the stress of this going to court. But to help more BB - Tell us the dates etc of cards and what happened to each.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Who are you paying?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paying them direct, get the regular SOA, payments are reducing the amount.

Bit loathed to pay outright now that they have marked the CRF, so not much point really.

Took them out '14 when I was in my darkest deepest depths of bitterness and anger with the establishment (and MOD) Maxed them out.

Got them to refund all of the charges and stop all interest, even got a cheque for £75 out of them due to their harassment phone calls, up to six times a day, (good ole truecall)

Was only asking as looking to clear it up due to the missus wanting to get a mortgage, but after this mornings look through Experian, my score 580, and hers 533, we can safely say there isn't going to be any mortgage this year!

• 1 month later...

Cr@pone have sacked Fred's and sold the accounts to Lowlifes, who kindly sent a missive in the same envelope, and used the same paper and printer?

I had been paying £1 a month to cr@pone, for each card (£2) but seeing as they have flogged this on, I won't be changing bank details to fund the crooks, if payments bounce back from cr@pone then I'll take that as they no longer want paying.

Cr@pone have sacked Fred's and sold the accounts to Lowlifes, who kindly sent a missive in the same envelope, and used the same paper and printer?

I had been paying £1 a month to cr@pone, for each card (£2) but seeing as they have flogged this on, I won't be changing bank details to fund the crooks, if payments bounce back from cr@pone then I'll take that as they no longer want paying.

I like your thinking, If only Freds and Lowells were separate... Oh wait they are not... So any money you pay to Freds goes to Lowell anyway... XD -

I wonder what would happen if you did continue to pay Freds for an - Imagine if they took legal action and you had been paying the whole time... That could be very interesting :)

"Claimant" - We notified the defendant that we had purchased the account in question... But he hasn't been paying us...

"Defendant" - But i have been paying them - *Shows that Lowell and Frederickson are 1 & The Same"

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That's the thing, even though Fred's et al Lowlifes owned the account, I have always paid cr@pone direct?

And they've been more than happy to accept the payment.....lers see what transpires.

• 2 years later...

Lowlifes picked up one of my old Capone accounts, ignored ignored ignored, dropped off credit file, ignored some more, then these two missives dropped through the door last week.

As you can see the first thing that springs out on Overdales missive is the word Solicitors, and the 'We're now instructed to recover the balance owed' and then on Lowlifes missive they call them 'debt collectors'? Confused?

Are these Overdales solicitors or debt collectors?

Is it worth a complaint to the SRA?

Lowlifes Edit.pdf Overdales Sols edit.pdf

Edited by Bazooka Boo

sols can act as a dca too and send scary powerless letters just to scam people into paying

when was you last payment >

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Last payment off the top of my bonce must be 3 or 4 years ago now......I'll have to dig out my files, I do have a post on here about it somewhere.

It dropped off my CRF last year so it isn't affecting my CRF.

• dx100uk changed the title to Cap1 cards - Lowell & Overdales Sols.....yawn...

Thank you DX for finding my old thread........wow is all I can say, I was not a well man back then!

So by going off my last post there's about another four years to run on this before it's time barred.....I shall wait and see how tenacious these new clowns are.

Overdales have gone into turbo mode, and sent me a ''Letter of claim'' no mention of the POFA although I do believe the layout of their threat letter meets the POFA requirements?

On the 16th June I received their ''notice of acting'' after lowlifes farmed it out to them and some 10 days later they sent me the letter of claim giving me 30 days before they will issue a CC claim, the wife is livid!!!!

She ''Does not want any of these letters being sent to our new house!'' 

Clearly they will be as I am not getting a CCJ by default of these bozos.

Fortunately I have all of the documents for this account, although they don't know this, I guess I can make them jump through those hoops, I've reclaimed all of the fees they charged previously so the amount they are claiming is the amount I owe, in theory.

I'm not going to respond immediately, but they are going to get a response, this is no longer on my CRF but as I kept it alive by paying £1 a month until 2018 this still has 4 years to run.

ilovepdf_merged.pdf

Unfortunately the files go in reverse? But if you scroll down to the bottom then page on is there...

Edited by Bazooka Boo

click letter of claim and follow post 2 BB

POFA is nowt to do with CCa claims

• Like 1

and they

CCA and response in the mail today, lets see what they come back with and if it matches what I already have!

• 3 weeks later...

Well day 21 and still no response to my CCA, although I do need to let them know of my new address that might spur them on....

Was not the cca sent using it?

and they