• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell/Overdale 5xPAPLOC Now claimform - old Cap1Card debt.

Bazooka Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well if you wont get mail promptly it might be an idea to simply inform them.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Received a second silly letter from Overdales sols, exactly the same as the first ''Letter of claim blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn....''

And seeing as I'm still waiting for them to respond to my CCA request, I'll simply ignore them, or I might respond by returning their dumb forms back on the 28th day of their arbitrary 30 day self imposed time limit. 

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes you should

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'll be damned, Overdales are the old Lucas Credit Services!!

Anyhow, I've pinged them an email asking them to respond to my first response back in June to supply me with the CCA etc etc etc, even set up a new email address for them too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well I'll be damned, Overdales are the old Lucas Credit Services!!

Old news Bazooka :-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Received a further TWO letters of claim yesterday from overdales computer, even calling them hasn't produced the CCA I requested in June, oh well I shall look forward to next months LOC.

they are hoping you have moved..

reply as post 2 of letter of claim, also with a further CCA request.

reason from thread... despite repeated request the claimant has faile to produced any enforceable paperwork

dx

• I agree 1

and they

At long last they finally responded, albeit via email...I know I know, I have specifically set up an email account for this very purpose.

Thank you for your recent emails.

We can confirm we did not receive any correspondence from yourself on 30 June 2021.

We are currently managing an account on behalf of our Client, Lowell Portfolio I Ltd under the reference ###/#####. The details of which are below.

Lowell Reference: #####– Original Creditor: Capital One – Original Creditor Reference:

###### – Current Balance: £###.##

We can confirm the account was taken out on 3 October 2013. This account then defaulted on 3 July 2014.

We note you have previously said you don’t owe this debt, please provide further information and evidence in order for us to investigate this matter further.

You may wish to seek advice from a Legally Trained Professional.

Kindly note that we are able to accept an affordable payment offer and we now require you to contact us with your intentions towards the above account. Please be advised that no further action will be taken for the next 30 days.

Please respond by return. If you do not contact us to agree a resolution to this matter or set up a payment plan by return, we may request that the Court issue a County Court Claim to you. This would add fees and costs to your debt therefore increasing the amount you owe.

If you are unsure about your financial circumstances, you can register an account with us online at www.overdales.com and utilise our handy Budget Calculator and set an arrangement if you wish.

Alternatively, if you are experiencing financial difficulties, you may wish to seek free and impartial advice from StepChange Debt Charity on 0800 138 1111 or visit www.stepchange.org.uk

If you wish to speak with a member of our team, please call us between 8:30am and 7:00pm Monday to Thursday, 08:30am – 6:00pm Friday or 9:00am and 1:00pm Saturday, on the number provided below.

Postal Address: PO Box 1399, Bradford, BD5 5GA

Telephone: 0333 111 0790

Email: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

So I've simply sent them an email back advising them that they wouldn't have received it on the 30th as 2nd class post isn't that quick plus that was the day I sent it, and should they advise their client to litigate then it will be robustly defended as they have failed to provide the documents requested.

I might even throw in a ''valid even if not read by you'' quote....:ranger:

• 2 weeks later...

yes but rarely win if defended properly

• Thanks 1

and they

Fired off a second CCA request today mainly due to me mislaying the PofP from the June CCA request, I expect them to come back with the relevant documents which I shall cross reference with the ones I have already.

It isn't going to break the bank, but it would make a dent just before Christmas, and I would loathe to fund Lowlifes.

Lets see what they come back with.

• 1 month later...

Quick question please, Overdales came back with a CCA, nothing else, and sent it via email. Should it be a hard copy?

I requested the CCA via mail using the form off here, so pretty sure there should have been other info in the response?

Can't load up their reply as am at work, but will upload their response when I get home.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Are you named on the agreement BB with your signature and blanked it out ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes It's all there, although my name is printed on, I took it out online, so was looking for the tick box?

• 1 month later...

This is the latest from Overdales, minus the 27 pages of transactions, any charges have previously been reclaimed so nothing outstanding there.

I think I will drag it out a little while longer.

Just for info, at which point does it become too late to set up a payment plan? 

CAP 1 PDF.pdf

as such there isnt one. 

but that DN says 28 daya, should state a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy

and no IP address of signup PC either.

lowells lose so many times on these issues 

• Thanks 1

and they

Thank you DX, 

I had noticed the DN error, and never even thought about the on line sign up details, at least this will give me some more ammo to fire back should they persist in rattling my cage.

I shall wait for their next move and go from there.

Thanks again DX.:yo:

• 1 month later...

I think this is the FIFTH letter of claim I've received off these now, giving me their arbitrary 30 day time limit to avoid  ''legal action'' whatever that may entail?

I shall wait until the end of the month and respond by sending back their reply form, might even fill in their I&E sheet too, now what income and savings shall I say I've got?

At least 4k a week, with numerous properties around the globe and savings circa 3 million.....

2022-02-26 Letter of Claim Overdales.pdf

how many more letter of claim are these clowns gonna send

dx

• Haha 1

and they

It is utterly ridiculous isn't it?

It's almost worth responding with another £1 PO to see what they send back, maybe their computer is on the blink?

:smash: 

• 5 weeks later...

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue – 05 April 2022

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

The claim is for the sum of XXX.XX regulated by the consumer credit act for a Capital One account with an account reference of XXXXXXXXXXXX.

The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s.87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 which has not been complied with.

The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 26-07-18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £20.02

The claimant claims the sum of £270.32

What is the total value of the claim? 355.32

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes FOUR letters of claim stretching back to June last year.

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? YES

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? YES

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No dropped off on it's Sixth birthday

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? YES

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? YES a faulty one.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Unsure?

Why did you cease payments? No means to pay them back.

What was the date of your last payment? 25/01/2019

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? NO

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? YES, token payments made until 2019.

EDITED.pdf