• Tweets

• Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell/Overdale 5xPAPLOC Now claimform - old Cap1Card debt.

Bazooka Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, since the removal of my benefits I needed available funds, so C1 were kind enough to give me a CC with a two ton limit (£200).

This was exhausted, then reimbursed, and then exhausted once more!:madgrin:

I checked my control panel on Truecall, to see they had been trying to call, then today I got a letter informing me that as I had missed this months payment they were assisting me by adding a further £12 to the outstanding amount, which without checking might just have put me above the two ton limit??

So I rang up, and got a mix between an African/American/Scottish Liverpudlian woman doing her best to get me to make one of 'their' two choices.

I was surprised to hear her say that she could put me in touch with a debt management company ( I know I know, I will go back over the recording and try to decipher the wording exactly)

OR they would send out their own I&E form, for me to fill in, along with copies of proof of my expenditure etc etc, I laughed so much I nearly paid my TV licence! :rofl:

In the end I gave her a third and final option, that for the time being I would pay £1 a month until my financial circumstances improved.

This was met with the well rehearsed and scripted response of 'credit files' 'default' 'charges' blah blah blah.......I cut her off and simply responded that a credit file carry's absolutely no weight with me, and as for the charges I won't be paying those, all I will pay is the actual physical amount I have spent and once this has been paid off, in full, I will cease further payments.

Not really sure if she has ever spoken to a 'customer' who wasn't intimidated by her idle threats?

First payment starts tomorrow, I might just follow it up with an email also.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Boo :) Good on you with this one... :)

i dont like bullies in the form of Collection agents etc, and this is one proof here of what they are like:(

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ha ha, update...

Rang them again yesterday as I attempted to email them, yet access to my account has now been 'restricted' which no longer enables me to send them a "secure" message?

A little peeved by this, after all I am attempting to inform them of my circumstances and difficulties in reaching their demands, I rang them again, and the previous call fell into place, they use a dollar a day Indian call centre to do their dirty work!

Spoke to a very very polite gentlemen who was clearly looking at the wrong clock and kept saying good morning to me when it was the evening?

However, just to appease him a little I accepted his offer of them sending me an I&E form to fill in, plus sending them copies of all my benefits and last three months bank statements in order for them to agree to my £1 a month and to stop all interest and charges being applied.

What I did note was that they are happy to accept token payments for a SHORT period of time WITHOUT affecting your credit file, I believe he said six months? But any payment plan in excess of 6 months would resort in them defaulting your CRF with the usual spiel of not being able to get a mortgage, moby phone, cat dog, hamster food, or fireworks yawn yawn yawn....:der:

Wasn't really interested so laughed a little, told him good luck with that, and I would eagerly await their I&E forms which I will gladly edit, ( not sure if I can say Bast@rdize?) and send back, with all other info they want to see and laugh at!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It is pocket money really, a mere £200, but the reason for taking on a credit card was because I have to live, with the corruption that is endemic in this self elected government and their continued democide against the poorest and weakest members of society, it was the only option bar PDL, and I'm not going to get into that little extortion racket!

Todays post brought me the much awaited I&E form from Cr@pital one, (will scan and post up over the weekend)

My my, I must say they are full of themselves! It even has a box to fill in requesting Partners Basic Income????

What to do? Shall I just fill it in with lots of zeroes, not at all, or just two figures in:£750 out:£749 offer of payment £1.......?

Oh and if they think they are getting three months worth of personal and confidential bank statements they are sorely misguided! Least of all any benefit forms.

I must admit though, they do appear to want to help, but I'm just not going to give them any private confidential info, they can either accept my offer or not, I will still pay them £1 a month, unless I win the lottery tonight.....

More installments soon...

BB all depends on how much you have to lose really doesn't it?

Some people say fill in, some say don't. Personally if I were going to offer to pay I would list all my creditors (maybe not by name creditor a, b, c etc ) and a very basic I&E using the best figures you can get away with to show the minimal money left. If you are are benefits just say that.

Of course it is well known I have told them all to get stuffed (sometimes I play a bit of the UE card) as I have nothing they can take

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I certainly won't be filling in any of their I&E forms, except with zeroes, they have absolutely zero legal rights to any of my personal private information, so I will enclose a letter with it also stating as such, and that if they don't wish to avail themselves to my very generous offer of £1 a month, until my financial situation improves, then they can add all of the charges and black marks to my account and meaningless credit file they like.

The charges won't get paid, and I really couldn't give two monkey's about credit reports! They have absolutely NO bearing on my life whatsoever.

I have nothing at all to lose, I'm going to use them as a toy and play with them like a cat would a mouse....

Lowlifes have picked up a non enforceable O2 debt of £15...!!!! My winter nights will be filled with fun, I might even allow them through truecall security for good measure...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cr@pital One are lagging behind in the harassment table to date, with a measley 54 calls since the 23rd September, as opposed to CO-OP who have made a concerted effort in their attempts to get sued with a slightly higher 58 calls, since the 15th October!!!

Letters to go out this week with copies of their puerile attempts to call, and my bill of costs for all calls made should they continue to harass me via my private phone line. This will include the previous calls also.

BB

Crap1 are one of the easiest to deal with as its been slapped down so often.

If you complete the I & E it will agree minimal payments to be reconsidered at 6 monthly intervals until year 3. I've completed circa 200 in the past 5 years and all have resulted in an open ended agreement from month 36 on.

For the sake of 200 squid I'd fill the bugger in and pursue it for charges (it generally applies them to month 4) + interest at year 3 or 4 by which time it should halve the balance. Sometimes its better to save your energy for battles worth the fight.

Wouldn't do any harm to enclose a short missive revoking any implied agreement to telephone correspondence.... there's a useful draft on here somewhere.

Do you own your own home or would you qualify for a DRO?

Hi BB it's nice to be able to play with the buggers now and then, I find truecall a god send the likes of MBNA etc all found that they could not get through. The letters soon stopped putting the frighteners on me, all my Truecall has to deal with now are PPI pest calls and double glazing sales.

dpick

Just sat down to compose the relevant letters to send them, and checked my ICP for truecall, Cr@pone have made 66 calls since 26th Oct, I even informed them on Saturday to remove my number from their database, it must have taken them all of 60 minutes for them to call me again!

Oh well, once I have fired this letter off reminding them of Roberts v Bank of Scotland (2013) I will allow the magic box to tally all the calls before pursuing them for damages.

• 1 month later...

I love my posty...he brought me a lovely little missive from FPC Debt collection services. and no the FPC isn't an abbreviation, not that I can find anyway, but they are a trading name of our good old friends Fredrickson Intl....

I have a S/O to pay Cr@p1 £1 a month, and have paid them the last two months, I won't be paying FPC, if cr@p1 don't want my money then I will be £1 up every month!

Just debating whether to ring them or not?:phone:

I love my posty...he brought me a lovely little missive from FPC Debt collection services. and no the FPC isn't an abbreviation, not that I can find anyway, but they are a trading name of our good old friends Fredrickson Intl....

I have a S/O to pay Cr@p1 £1 a month, and have paid them the last two months, I won't be paying FPC, if cr@p1 don't want my money then I will be £1 up every month!

Just debating whether to ring them or not?:phone:

And you say stay off the phone to others 😁

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to scan & post these missives up at some point.

FPC (Fredricksons) have sent me a colourful missive today.

"We wrote blah blah blah but we have failed to receive an adequate response blah blah blah :Cry:

Then something about a credit file and must do this must do that :yawn:

Never mind, S/O is set up and happily paying the OC direct....£1 a month... :thumb:

Had my first letter from this Fredrickson's today.after some months of phone calls (ignored) and letters from Cougar on behalf of Cap1. I pay a Standing order to Cap1 at £5 a month at the moment and being on JSA, I think that's fair enough considering my current situation. Best of luck if they think they can get anymore out of me currently.

Letter to fredy

Thank you for your recent communication having reassessed my finances I find that due to the government reducing my benefits I find that I have to pass on the reduction so I will now be making payment of £1 a month direct to Capital One. Thanks again.

dpick

• Confused 1

letter to fredy

thank you for your recent communication having reassessed my finances i find that due to the lying not very nicegovernment reducing my benefits i find that i have to pass on the reduction so i will now be making payment of £1 a month direct to capital one. Thanks again.

Dpick

ifypfy

Auto edit doesn't like the word s c u m and bag put together

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yes Andy, drop that payment right down to £1 a month now.

Did you have an agreement with Cr@p1 or did you just start paying them a fiver a month?