Moneybarn Trickery - i VT'd, they say it's VS!!

Sixtwo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently in the process of ending my Moneybarn contract. With roughly 45% of my account paid and some arrears on my account at the start of May I sent them a VT letter. I followed this up with a phonecall to chase the status of this on the 19th of May. During the phonecall their agent spent a great deal of time trying to convince me to make a payment plan to keep hold of the vehicle which I declined and asked them to proceed with the VT

Two days later on the 21st I received an email with these attachments:

Following the Termination Notice in respect of the above Agreement we have now passed
this Agreement to the following agents.
Burlington Credit
Telephone xxxxxxxxx
Burlington Credit will be in contact with you shortly.
If the Agent requests the return of the vehicle please make sure the following is made
available to them:
xxxxxxxxx

I ………………………………………… voluntarily surrender and consent to relinquish
possession of the above vehicle which is financed under the above agreement by
Moneybarn No.1 Limited (formerly Duncton No.1 Limited) to ………………………………. as
agent for Moneybarn No.1 Limited.
I acknowledge that the Vehicle will be disposed of in accordance with the terms and
conditions of the agreement between me and Moneybarn and that the proceeds of sale less
all expenses allowed in the agreement will be credited to my account.
I understand that the consequence of this could be that the proceeds may not be sufficient to
pay off the balance owed. This would mean an additional amount will be owed by me.
I confirm that I have removed all personal possessions from the vehicle.
The following items have been handed to the person collecting the vehicle:
xxxxxx

I have now called them out on the fact that they are trying to force a VS, after a lot of back and forth between managers they are now claiming that my contract was terminated on the 10th of may. This lines up quite well with the date that the VT letter would have been delivered and actioned. It also seems highly unbelievable that the agent who I spoke to on the 19th May was unaware of a termination?

I have requested transcripts of the call on the 19th and copies of all correspondence and proof of the dated termination.

I am suspicious that they have ended the agreement after receiving my VT request and are fraudulently forcing this through as a VS. Is this something within the realms of possibility for this company?

moneybarn never have a clue what they are doing 99% of the time and always makeup their own rules, but backdown when fronted

1st thing to do with them is NEVER converse on the phone

writing only

you've sent them the VT letter, how they interpret it is their problem.

when the powerless mate with a flatbed turns up DO NOT sign anything.

have you taken very detailed photo's at all angles of the car and inside the hood and under neath using a selfie stick (VDO is better) as sure as eggs is eggs they will try it on with claiming damage you've done is not fair Wear'n'tear.

there are lots of VT threads here to read on them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Moneybarn Trickery - i VT'd, they say it's VS!!

I have VT'd a couple of cars in the past and do as DX says and make sure you have loads of photos etc, keep the collection sheet showing all damage etc, they will try and claim for every mark but fair wear and tear is acceptable.

The 50% mark also includes your part ex or deposit so make sure this is taken into account as well.

My last VT was a jeep and with what I paid and the auction cost they didn't cover what it had sold for so did try and get me to pay the rest but after threatening the FOS they soon backed down