Parking eye ANPR PCN now Letter Of Claim - 175 Medical Centre Patients Brighton BN1 6AG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Another parking ticket,

this time my wife who went for a sensitive medical appointment and naturally parked in what she thought was the clinic car park, Turns out the medical centre referred to the Doctors surgery next door to the clinic she was visiting. Innocent mistake esp under emotional circumstances.

PCN attached from Parking eye.

I note it says charges are not applicable if you book in at the doctors surgery which clearly she didn't do as she was at the clinic next door, their website reads as follows:

Parking at Stanford Medical Centre 

The car park at 175 Preston road has a camera controlled car park management system 

To use the car park you MUST enter your registration number into one of the screens at the reception desks or on the ground floor.

For more information click here

If you have come to the surgery for an appointment and forgotten to put in your registration you will have received a fine.

You must appeal that fine and when Parking Eye ask you for proof we can provide you with evidence that you were here at the surgery. You can then attach this to their online form which is available here or you can send this with your appeal in the post.

Please note if you were not here for an appointment or not one of our patients we cannot provide any evidence for you. Please do not use the car park for the services at 177 Preston Road or for Preston Road.

So it seems if she had gone to the Doctors surgery and forgotten to log in then they would defend her claim but not for visiting another medical establishment next door !!!!

What are your collective thoughts- I could fill in the std questionnaire if needed and obtain photos of signs and check planning etc.

ParkingEyePCN.pdf

Heres the summary data completed below, PCN issued 4 days after the event, Doesn't explicitly say what they charge is for but it is implied I guess on the back page, (2nd scan on my first post) that by not buying a tickwet etc that the charge is payable

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 10/06/21

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 14/06/21

3 Date received 17/06/21

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] YES

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? CAMERA SHOTS OF ARRIVAL AND LEAVING

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] NO

7 Who is the PARKING company? PARKING EYE

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] 175 medical centre paitients,, BRIGHTON, BN1 6AG

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.  POPLA

5 hours ago, BMX bandit said:

If you have come to the surgery for an appointment and forgotten to put in your registration you will have received a fine.

You must appeal that fine and when Parking Eye ask you for proof we can provide you with evidence that you were here at the surgery. You can then attach this to their online form which is available here or you can send this with your appeal in the post.

Please note if you were not here for an appointment or not one of our patients we cannot provide any evidence for you. Please do not use the car park for the services at 177 Preston Road or for Preston Road.

you need to pointout to the surgery that these are NOT FINES and they should not legally be using those words in ref to a private parking company speculative invoice. esp on their website, they are deceiving people.

do as necessary to get it cancelled as above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your feedback, the wrinkle is that my wife was attending the clinic next door to this surgery- Number 177 and they say its their car park and they are number 175, as it mentions they will only provide evidence in support of an appeal to have the claim nullified by Parking Eye, If she was legitimately using the car park to use their surgery.

She parked there inadvertently, it may have been stated on various signs whose car park it was but it was her first visit and she was in an emotional state. Is it worth contacting them to see if they will support in this exceptional case or fight it out with Parking Eye as you advise on other claims?

3 hours ago, Homer67 said:

Have I missed it or does that PCN not state the reason for their charge?.

Spot on.  In the paragraph that starts "By either not" they are saying the ticket might have been issued for Reason A but then again it could have been Reason B or else it may have been Reason C.  What idiots.

23 minutes ago, BMX bandit said:

She parked there inadvertently, it may have been stated on various signs whose car park it was but it was her first visit and she was in an emotional state. Is it worth contacting them to see if they will support in this exceptional case

There's nothing to lose by asking the surgery to cancel.  They can only say no.

Yes, please look up planning permission and get pictures of the signage.  I bet it would fail as confusing signage as indeed your wife did get confused.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

like most GP surgeries i doubt they own the land so have no legal right to employ any scammers to manage any parking. 

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Called the surgery this morning, Extremely unhelpful, can't get involved because its manged by a private company and there was no appointment with them. Surely its all NHS so what does it matter, They smugly advised that the car had been parked in the wrong place and that we should take it up with the parking company.

I checked on planning permission and Parking Eye applied for cameras and signage in 2016

That's pretty poor of the surgery.  With two medical centres right next to each other it's inevitable that patients will mix them up.

Anyway, you know the drill, ignore the fleecers unless you get an LBA.

When you're next in the area, get photos of both 175 & 177.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Photos of 175 & 177 as requested in the attached files,

At 175 the entrance sign simply says its a private car park, Only a few warning signs high up dotted around  with writing so small you couldn't possibly read it. helpfully the 3rd photo shows a sign which could only be read on the way out. You can see the cameras centrally on the main building shot.

177 has no public parking so it seems, only staff but you can access it from the 175 car park and as said before they are both NHS facilities ??

175 preston rd Brighton Parking eye Photos-converted.pdf 177 preston rd Photos-converted.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
DOCX files substituted with PDF

As you say, the signage is appalling, and will sink PE.

Well done on getting this evidence.

Simply ignore their attempts to destroy the Amazon from now on - but obviously come here if they try a Letter Before Action/Letter Before Claim.

BTW, your personal details show up on DOCX files, so I've deleted them and replaced with PDF.

• Like 1

I'm just musing that there might be an easy way to sort this out.

I know you've contacted the surgery, but presumably you got a member of staff on the phone who found it easier to say "no" than "yes".  How about if your wife writes to the surgery, and points out

- what happened and why she was emotional that day

- that there is no sign at the entrance about controlled private parking which is completely against industry standards, meaning that even if someone read the tiny signs inside the car park by then it would be too late to avoid the £100 charge (yes, there is a grace period, but they won't know that)

- that the whole set up seems to favour PE being able to issue the £100 invoices rather than for the car park to be properly managed

- that it was the surgery that called in PE, they are legally responsible for this mess

- that you will add the surgery to any court action against you by PE

- that all this unpleasantness can be avoided if the surgery simply tells PE to cancel the charge.

Now you might get absolutely nowhere, but it's only a stamp, getting nasty often gets results, nothing ventured ...

It can't hurt to send the letter as you suggest, We will give it a go

Also, see attached what I can only assume is a reminder for the original charge, wording is pretty similar although tis dated on the 23rd, received on the 25th and only discounted if paid by today 28th ?

PE REminder.pdf

You're the second motorist in the last few days to get these quick reminder letters from PE.  Must be a new tactic.

Yes, you're right, it can't hurt to send the letter to the surgery.  If it fails it fails, but it might work.

• 4 weeks later...

FTM Dave et al. Letter drafted to the surgery manager, just about to push send and wondered if my wife sending it by e mail would disclose her name and therefore the driver details?

Could they pass this to PE who could use it against us??

Is it better to send the letter by mail anonymously ?  

Difficult to get any feedback if we go this route.

Latest chase letter received-  attached for the record

2021-06-18 PE Chasing.pdf

the surgery is nothing to do with the fleecers.

and they

Thanks for your reply

I thought the collective view was that it would be the surgery that has contracted PE to manage their car park facilities?

On the surgery website, it does say they will help to cancel 'fines' as they describe them if the user had a legitimate appointment in 'their' facilties and not the other NHS clinic next door

FTM Dave advised writing to the surgery for assistance in cancelling the charge to avoid further protraction/ court etc.

When I phoned and spoke to presumably a receptionist who also referred it to a manager, they advised as you indicate that it's nothing to do with them if we weren't using their surgery

I guess there is no harm in trying to appeal to their better nature with a letter but my concern was that if they were not willing to be helpful that by adding my wifes name could give them the driver info which could be passed to PE which I understood could be a bad thing?

under gdpr they cant forward your details

pers i'd also take the p out of them and pointout that a speculative invoice issued by a private parking company is not a fine and you website is very misleading .

and they

• 5 months later...

open

After 6 months of no communication, these guys have come out with the big one, I think from all I've read that now is the time to take action given the attached letter. 

They also sent an information sheet and reply form which I haven't attached, I can do if required but I assumed these are standard forms you will have seen before?

Look forward to your advice

2022-01-11 PE LBC.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

just reply with one of our snotty letters here already

post up your idea 1sts

and don't rush, leave it till near the end of the 30 days you have.

dx

and they

should be using the downtime between stages to self help here too.....

use our enhanced google search box.

snotty letter.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking eye ANPR PCN now Letter Of Claim - 175 Medical Centre Patients Brighton BN1 6AG