CIFAS Searches

aqua0912
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the following means, it has shown up on my DSAR from CIFAS.

Klarna Bank AB (publ) undertook a search on 18 May 2021 using your details - please contact Klarna Bank AB (publ) for further information.

I am wondering if this will affect me?

thanks,

It shouldn't do. However it's an uncomfortable thing. Presumably you have an account with this bank – yes?

If you have an account then presumably it is still open.

Whether you have an account or not, I would send them an SAR

No I do not, here’s what they have to say

Klarna I can confirm that fraud searches are common, therefore please do not worry, and I have been advised that they are indeed not visible to other lenders. / Josephine

Me Thanks for confirming that for me. I just don’t understand why you would search for me when I haven’t got any products with you?

klarna Thank you, some merchants would use Klarna as a payment processor on their orders, so even though the payment is going directly to them and no credit is set up with Klarna, any transactions or searches would appear as Klarna. This maybe a reason why, however I can just again confirm that this will not effect you in anyway and will not be visible to other lenders. /Joel

I don't know what to say about their rights to social credit file without your permission.

I would send them an SAR anyway.

Maybe someone else can give us advice as to whether they were entitled to make the searches without having any authority from you to enquire into your personal data

buy now pay later finance providers, they underwrite the delayed payments to say a catalogue company when you buy something using that facility

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...