NcF355 v Alliance and Leicester

ncf355
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Timeline:

SAR: 25/08

Prelim: 30/10

LBA: 22/11

Wrote to them claiming back £295 admin charge , after the LBA had a letter offering £70 back (big, fat, hairy deal)

So proceeded to MCOL last Friday, lets see what they have to say about that

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi Ncf

Best of luck with the claim! Does this mean that the £295 A&L redemption admin charge can be claimed back? I was under the impresssion that you could only query this charge if it had been increased since you took out the mortgage? I'm on a two year discounted deal with A&L, and will be hit with this £295 charge even if I wait until after the ERC period has expired.

Cheers

Swarbs

Several people have successfully claimed the admin fee for closing the mortgage. If you can relate it to a breach of contract ie terminating the contract before the contractually agreed time then this will invokle the rules relating to penalty provisions and they would have to prove that the fee was a genuine pre-estimate of the admin costs in closing the mortgage.

Hope this helps

Zoot

Thanks very much, Zoot.

My mortgage offer letter reads: "A Redemption Administration Charge, currently £295.00, will be payable if you repay your mortgage in full early."

I think they've related it to terminating the contract before the contractually agreed time all by themselves! :)

Swarbs

Thats the one!

:D

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Update: they acknowledged the claim on Dec 10th

I await their defence

(or payment if I'm lucky!)

:-D

• 2 weeks later...