My Property Charges Register -advice how to manage this.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to sell my house and not to purchase another.  I have just obtained a copy of my Title from Land Registry.  I have 2 charges on my property.  I want to deal with these if I can in the most cost-effective way. 

I should have dealt with all this before BUT at the time I was just not mentally able to.  I was in an accident in 2007 which resulted in a fractured skull, it affected and still does affect my memory and I suffered from depression for several years. 

At the same time my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and went onto to receive five years of treatment.  My recovery took a long time, my business suffered and ceased. 

I see the Land Registry use my parents address on the Title Registry, where in fact I stayed for some time. This is not a concern, but I am not sure where any correspondence went to. 

Would it be possible to –

(a)  Request details of how these amounts were accrued before I sell my house?   

(b)  Also would it be possible to ask if a settlement figure could be agreed if the amounts do not seem justified?

They are described as below -

1.      (22.01.2010) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of …. County Court dated 17 December 2009 in favour of Lloyds TSB Plc.  

2.      (15.01.2015) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the ….County Court dated 3 December 2014 in favour of Lowell Portfolio I Limited Re: Lowell Financial Limited (Court Reference …..)

Any advice would be really appreciated – thank you.

Your licensed conveyancer (or solicitor) will deal with these as part of the conveyancing process, from the funds remitted by the purchaser.

Since they have charging orders: they don’t have to give details of how they were accrued (they sought them from the court, giving details then), and then was your chance to obtain details / oppose the charge(s).

Again, since they have charging orders : if they are happy to wait, they have no real reason to settle for less.

Edited by BazzaS

are you the sole owner of the property

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they need paying sadly

i will bet Lloyds have sold the debt now along with the CCJ/CO to a debt buyer so you'll need to find out who owns the debt now.

odds on it will have been sold, my guess to the Cabot Group.

typically debt buyer might accept 70% to clear the registry.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, Giles2012 said:

I see the Land Registry use my parents address on the Title Registry, where in fact I stayed for some time

i must admit though this puzzles me ...what do you mean?

and obv this is not the same address as the home your sole debts/sole owner co's are registered against?

and they

you will need the CCJ numbers that were enforced by the granting the ICO's

have you got those?

and they

TOL is the public register, AFAIK CCJ's only show there for 6yrs. as with showing on credit files too.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

The conveyancer doesn’t need to know the details of the judgment, just the sum owed and to whom as set out in the charge at the Land Registry.

They give an ‘undertaking’ to the conveyancer acting for the buyer that when they receive the monies for the sale they will hold back those sums to settle those charges.

The conveyancers (for seller and buyer) don’t have to look beyond the details of the charges (how much / to whom) held at the Land Registry.

Edited by BazzaS