Parcel2Go.com Limited this time

Well be very careful about copying things mindlessly. When you get it wrong it could be serious and you will undermine your credibility.

Best to stick to ordinary English language and that way you shouldn't make any mistakes

You don't need to worry about invalidating an agreement.

It's an unfair term anyway

I agree that it's an unfair term. I am at the same stage of a case against P2G, so just wanted to assess if anyone has confirmed if this is the case regarding insurance.

Part of the witness statement you suggested explains in detail that the product isn't insurance as Parcel2Go aren't regulated by the FCA.

In any event, the defendant’s 'insurance' requirement is not truly insurance because the defendant is not regulated by the FCA and not authorised to sell insurance. The defendants' insurance requirement is simply another way of profiting from their own negligence or from the criminality of their own employees or contractors. However, this is not their mainstream business plan. This is an ancillary way of increasing a profit margin and it is predicated on the inefficiency of their delivery operation. If the defendant's delivery operation was perfectly efficient then no parcels would ever be lost or stolen.

If this is incorrect, and they are in fact agent for an insurance company, this whole paragraph is irrelevant and a waste of everybody's time. While the argument may not hinge on this, it certainly does not strengthen the argument by including something which is potentially factually incorrect.

Dont worry about this paragraph. Every delivery company wants you to by the insurance and none of them are.regulated. all you need to do is read up make sure they file on time and make sure you file when you need to. No One has ever lost a case based on that from what l have seen. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The delivery company is most likely the agent of an authorised insurance company. But i'd omit the paragraph about insurance anyhow, as the crux of the argument is the unfair contract terms.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

In any case, I've already submitted and sent all the papers to the Court so it's too late for me. Fingers crossed !

1 hour ago, supernick90 said:

The delivery company is most likely the agent of an authorised insurance company. But i'd omit the paragraph about insurance anyhow, as the crux of the argument is the unfair contract terms.

Not correct that they are the agent of unauthorised insurance company. These insurances are not regulated. They are simply internal compensation schemes and is just another way of making a bit of extra money.

If you think of the millions of people who by the insurance, the fraction of those people who tried a claim on the insurance and the fraction of those people who actually get a payout against that insurance – the so-called insurance scheme is simply a nice little earner.

Don't for one moment imagine that this is a properly regulated insurance scheme with protection against financial failure, and money lodged somewhere in case everything goes pear-shaped.