• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

tjay vs lloyds

tjay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

My friend just had some good news today smile.co.uk part of the co op i think has refunded him all monies straight after he wrote his letter before action!!

No luck for me as I think Lloyds are playing hard!

From reading posts on here they are making it as difficult as possible for anyone to get any money back, which I can understand.

I sent my Letter before action about a week ago and still have heard nothing so getting ready for the moneyclaim stage.

What im wondering is if every person who is challenging Lloyds is having to go "the whole nine yards" has anyone recently been offered a settlement at an earlier stage or is if literally just before they are due to goto a court hearing!??

If makes sense for Lloyds to make us work hard to get our money back so as much as I hope I dont have to Im ready for the long hard slog!!!

Oh course I will keep everyone posted. I spent a while doing some research as didnt want to mess anything up.

However I havent looked into all the procedures of going to court and have no Idea what an Allocation Questionaire is!! I need to start beefing up on this stuff as looks like going to have to file my claim in just over a week!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people just to keep updated lloyds had until the 18th dec to reply to my LBA which they did not

So i started the money claim procedure and completed it on the 19/12

I have just recieved a letter from lloyds today dated the 21/12 3 days after the 2 week deadline i set them!

They are offering me £750 of course im not interested in this but they say in the letter i will see this in my account within a few days!!!!!

Do i ignore this letter as i have already started the court claim procedure or should i write to them refusing it and explaining they missed the 14 day deadline so i have know started court proceedings?

I hope someone can help me and merry xmas to everyone!!

TJAY

Theres no harm in accepting it as part payment, so long as you make clear that it is just that and you will be pursuing the rest. Heres a template letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi thanks Gary the only reason i was worried about writing to them is that I have actually started the money claim stage and was worried if i wrote to them saying i would accept it as part payment it would delay the procedures.

If i do send that letter i presume i just ammend it slightly saying that the deadline I gave them has already passed and as they are probably aware court proceedings have started?

Thanks

No, it won't delay anything.

Yes, slightly amend it as you say and that'll be fine.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people hope xmas and new year was good

just an update, llyods offered me the £750 goodwill gesture which was paid into my account on the 29/12/06 as i said earlier i had already started court proceedings so I had to write to them to say i would accept the £750 as part payment as they wouldnt let me refuse it!!

They now have until the 9th of Jan to respond to my moneyclaim

Just one question i presume if they dont respond i hit the start judgement button online, if someone could clarify that, this would be great

Actually got even more updated knews Lloyds have now acknowledged my claim on the 29/12/06 same day they paid me the £750!!

Do i just wait for the AQ now or do i need to do something at this stage?!

thanks

Tom

Hi Tom

They have 28 days from when the claim was served (usually about 5 days after you have submitted it) to enter a defence. You will be notified that they have entered a defence, and then you should receive a copy of it and an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. You should send a copy of your AQ to SC&M (Solicitors).

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi another update

cheers for the helpful post barty! finally after waiting for a while the AQ has arrived today so as soon as i get home from work will be trying to make sense of it.

But from a quick scan the banks says the particulars are too vague and my claim is , frankly embarassing!!! The cheek of them!

So i guess i fill this in now and forward to the court and a copy to the solicitors, I only live 5 mins from the courts is it worth delivering a copy by hand or am i better doing it by recorded post.

Secondly I think im ok filling in my AQ, however i have recieved £750 from lloyds now so how do i ammended the amount im claiming im totally confused on this and the next steps after sending my AQ. Is it wise to forward the schedule of charges with my AQ as well???

Finally after i have sent the AQ am I starting another waiting game?

Hey people hope everyones well very stormy here on the s.coast this morning!

Another update things seem to be moving quickly!!

As said before i received my AQ 2 days ago, which i havent sent back yet!

However today I have not got a letter giving me the date of my hearing at court!???

I didnt expect this to arrive for quite a while longer until i had sent all the documents such as the AQ etc!

Maybe the courts are getting fed up and fast tracking things through?

Does anyone know?

Hi

Yep it's very blustery up here in Cumbria too:wink:

So you have a received a court date before you have sent back your AQ?? Seems a but strange, is it your final hearing or is it a preliminary hearing or something similar? Does it have any directions about submitting your evidence etc?

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Ok so yes i havent even posted my AQ

Now i have a formal notice of hearing and a general form of judgement or order

it explains "it is ordered that"....

the case is listed for hearing on thursday the 22/02/07 at 10am

point 3 states "the parties shall file and serve witness statements with copies of all relevant documents annexed by 4.00pm on the 7th of Feb

I am a little confused as it seems to have been fast tracked by the courts and they have skipped a stage!!?

As i said maybe they are fed up of having there time wasted by the banks!?

Perhaps if someone could shed some light on this that would be great!

I take it i still have to send my AQ and now prepare a court file?! I feel im in a bit beyond my depth at the moment, but still surviving!!!!

Please post the entire order. I would have to reserve final judgement until you provide further details, but it appears to be your main trial, but that is very quick indeed.

It is all good though, the quicker the hearing the sooner the settlement.

If this is your main trial then you need to start preparing your bundle (you will need to do this anyway) it takes a while, see the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

When invariably SCM fail to provide their bundle by the 07th send this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/58011-sc-m-court-bundle.html

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

hi everyone sorry for the slow updates!!

Ive been very busy at work i am going to post the full order this evening so hopefully someone can make a bit more sense of it than me!!!

Thanks

i am so confused its unreal please can someone help me!!!??

I received my AQ on the 12/01/07 which i have now sent to the court with schedules of charges etc to counteract the claim to vague defence!

However on the 16/01/07 before I had even submitted my AQ i received the following

General Form of Judegement or Order

Before District Judge **** sitting poole county court

Upon considering the court file

It Is Ordered That

1. this caes is to be listed for hearing on thurs 22/02/07 at 10am

2. it will be listed with all other outstanding claims for refund of banks charges

3. the parties shall file and serve witness statements with copies of all relevant documents annexed by 4pm on the 07/02/07

4.the judge will use his case management powers to decide in each case whether to make any agreed order, give directions for the further conduct of the case, or to porceed there and then with the hearing

5. it is likely that any case seriously contested will be given directions and a later hearing date

6. it is probable that the judge will deal with cases in batches where there is more than one case against a particular defendant

7. if a party fails to attend the judge may strike out the claim or defence as he sees fit and to enter judgement accordingly

This letter also came with a "notice of hearing" also dated the 16/01/07

this stated

TAKE NOTICE that the hearing will take place on

22/02/07 at 10am at poole county court

when you should attend

So all this arrived only 4 days after my AQ had arrived and before i had even returned it!?

I am not quite sure what is going on I have heard nothing from the courts since returning my AQ a few days ago.

I am just in the process of sending Lloyds solicitors copies of schedules etc to combat the claim to vague thing!!

I presume I have to have sent everything such as bank statements etc to the courts by the 07/02/07 if the above letter is my actual court date!

It just seems strange that I have been allocated a date before my AQ being sent off

I hope someone can shed some light

Thanks in Advance

Tom

p.s. sorry if theres any typing errors was going quick!

I'm off to work now, but I'll be back later to tell you exactly what you need - unless someone else comes along in the meantime. :)

You need everything from the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

A witness statement (amend to suit) - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57385-examples-witness-statements-disclosure.html#post479225

Also enclose proposed directions, in case the hearing takes the form of a directions hearing instead of final hearing - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html#post482191

You need 3 copies of everything. Send one bundle to the court, one to SC&M and keep one (including originals) yourself. Take notice of the date specified on the order and ensure everything's submitted in plenty of time.

Yep, if thats what's on the order then thats what you must prepare for. It is strange though.