Hi!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought i'd pop my head in and say hi. I have successfully reclaimed £1460 of charges from HSBC bank. My husband is claiming from HSBC too, he was offered £400 less than what he was asking so his claim is in the hands of the court, so by them not giving him the amount he requested, they will have to pay an extra £582 which includes 8% interest and court costs, so in all hes claiming £2969

I am going to try and get charges back from Capital One, but my situation is a difficult one, the debt has been passed to a Debt recovery firm, so i am not sure how much charges have been placed by Capital One and how much charges have been put on by the Debt recovery firm. I am currently paying £40 a month from January this year, total repayable is £692.63. Paid off £440 so far.

claiming £1625 for myself and £2587 for hubby from 2001-2006

prelim letters dated 25/9/06 sent recorded 26/9/06

letter received from bank offering me £1460 which i am accepting, money was in account 3 days after sending letter of acceptance

lba for hubby to be sent on 12/10/06 if no full refund

Start legal proceedings and add 8% interest and court costs 1/11/06 if still no refund

27/11/06 County court claim started for £2969 inc interest and court fees, no defence entered by HSBC

21/12/06 RECEIVED A JUDGEMENT BY DEFAULT FOR £2969, No money yet though.

I would suggest sending a SAR request to them.

Read this, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

See what that turns up and the take it from there. You never know, they may default on the request (IE not supply a signed contract) and so make the debt unenforceable!!

Have a look through the Capital One forum ( here... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/ )

Thatll give you a view of other peoples experience.

btw, Welcome and Good luck!!!!

Smoothy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Hubby received his notice of issue from the court this morning, but we are a bit confused as to what happens next, court deem issue to have been served on 1st Dec, and says HSBC have until the 15th to reply. What happens if they do not reply by the 15th, can HSBC apply to have the case set aside to prepare or do we win by default and if so, do we fill in the request for judgement and then get the judge to enter a judgement????

letter received from bank offering me £1460 which i am accepting, money was in account 3 days after sending letter of acceptance

Start legal proceedings and add 8% interest and court costs 1/11/06 if still no refund

27/11/06 County court claim started for £2969 inc interest and court fees, no defence entered by HSBC

They will acknowledge the claim by the 15th, this will give them a further 14 days to file their defence.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi Deller thanks for that, but what if they are so snowed under that they do not reply by the 15th?

They usually do and in cases where they are snowed under the courts usually give them grace...nice eh! Please start a thread in your banks forum so we can follow your progress, this also makes it easier for us to help you. Thanks. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^