Restarting an old claim!

cozzie121

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I put in a claim to LTSB before back in June, due to time and financial restrictions I let the claim lapse.

I had sent my LBA on 8 June, 2006 and received the banks final response about a week or so later. I never got round to completing the small claims court procedure. I let it slip as I was concerned they would close my account or ask me to repay my overdraft, with me living in my overdraft that would be quite difficult.

I am now fired up, they have charged me £35 for a returned DD, which they wont refund. I have a new account which i am using and happy to take TSB to the cleaners for my money.

Can anybody advise me where I can start. Should I go through the whole process again, send another letter. I know i lapsed on not following throughon my actions, can i even do it now?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Lloyds TSB - LBA sent for £338

Launched court action on 28-03-2007

Return Date 28-05-2007

i seem to be coming up for 6 months, is there legally a time limit imposed after sending the LBA does anybody know?

Return Date 28-05-2007

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I went to the Sheriff Court for my forms and asked about a time limit. They said there isn't one legally, as money owed is money owed whatever, but you should be reasonable and that if it was about a year it would be more sensible to send another LBA.

many thanks for your help peigibeag, that is nice to hear

i just got another charge so i'm going to wait and add it on, then i'll be sending LBA in on Jan 2nd.

Return Date 28-05-2007