kath30 v capital one

kath30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i originially wrote to capital one requesting my statements and they sent a letter back advising that i would need to send £10. When i read some of the posts here it seemed most were getting them free if they phoned so have just phoned for last 5 years statements and they will be with me in 7 - 10 working days though he did ask why i wanted them i declined to answer.

I have been charged an obsene amount from them over the years. I am in Scotland so will only be able to do it in £750 blocks but bring it on

• 4 weeks later...

STILL waiting on my statements they are insisting they have sent them out so they said they would send them out again that was 6 days ago. What's my next step is it reporting them to the IC?

STILL waiting on my statements i am getting rather annoyed now have phoned them every 2 - 3 days and they keep stating that they have been sent out and must have been lost - last note that they sent them on 23rd May and i should wait a week they have until Wednesday then what do i do complain to the IC?

Use one of these letters and adapt it to suit your needs:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6986

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my statements after 7 long weeks of harrassing them they owe me £976 1st letter posted off today not expecting anything judging by all the posts here so it will be off to court we go i think

• 4 weeks later...

heard nothing from capital one so have sent off the reminder letter giving them 7 days to reply im doubtful i will receive a reply can i then just raise a claim? I sent both letters rec del so have proof that they did receive them

capital one not playing ball with me. Infact they are completely ignoring me! I sent prem letter asking for money back and they ignored that so i sent LBA which they received on 06/06/06 giving them 7 days then i will have to raise a court order as i don't expect them to reply

They haven't replied to me yet either. I ordered my statements two weeks ago so I called up today to chase them. The guy I spoke to was really helpful and put me on hold while he chased them up. He said it was lucky he did as no-one had actioned them (as i expected). I also mentioned that I would not be paying any more of my balance until I received them. They can't send your account to a credit agency if there is a dispute so you are safe to do this. Not that it really matters, any charges they add on we get back in the end...

you will want that smiley back one day...

hello could one of the mods please take the smiley face off this thread - thanks

Done :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

well received a letter yesterday offering me £420 out of the £986 charges (plus £169 interest yet to claim for) i have sent a letter back advising i would accept £800 as a gesture of goodwill (this will clear my balance) and they have 7 days to reply otherwise i will proceed to court - do you think this is right or should i accept the £420?

I would have either not bothered replying or do so but say you only accept as part settlement and that you will be persuing the whole amount.

Since you sent the letter saying you would accept £800 it is best to wait and see what they say. They might accept which does mean you miss out on the difference but it is possible they will refuse. It would have been best not to say you will take £800 but it clears your balance which you are obviously happy about. If they do accept the £800 then i would definitely take it as they might use your letter as evidence that you accept parcial payment.

Remember that is all your money and they should pay you it all back.

• 3 weeks later...

well i signed the form offering me £420 but scored out the 'full & final settlement' part and posted it off thanking them for the offer and advising i would still be going for the rest of money.

Another letter drops through my door yesterday with a reviewed form stating 'I am confirm acceptance of Cap Ones offer of £420. This action by Cap One is accepted by me as closure of my complaint'

If i sign can i still go to court for the rest?

Hi Kath,

I don't think that you will be able to take them to court if you sign that letter.

They will just be able to say that the matter is closed and produce the letter with your signature as evidence that matter is closed.

My advice is to write a letter and again state that you accept the offer as a partial settlement and that you will pursue them for the rest.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, I have recently sent them letter for a refund as well!!!

Hondamad21 ;)

*this is just my opinion it may be, however unlikely, wrong!

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks