EDF - didnt submit a gas reading when i moved in 2 years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Need some advice here. 

i set up an account for gas and electricity for a small one bed flat in Sept 2019 - i had no idea i needed to submit a reading - therefore didnt.

I set up an account paying £45 per month for gas and electricity and this has stayed constant up to last month when my bill shot up to £505 per month, alongside them telling me I have been underpaying since i started to account and have totted up £1800 in debt.

Any help would be really helpful here.

Thank you

Who is the energy provider?

Send them an SAR to begin with.

Follow the link – SAR <<<< start reading and learning

• BankFodder changed the title to EDF - didnt submit a gas reading when i moved in 2 years ago

Do any of your previous bills beyond the bill received when your direct debit increased indicate a debt is owed in keeping with the amount now demanded?

Clause 21BA, of the Standard Licensing Conditions found here obligates suppliers to only backbill for the previous 12 months of energy usage, with a few limited exceptions.

If this is the first time EDF are attempting to backbill you for supply of energy they are only entitled to backbill for 12 months.

Do you have any record of what the meter reading was when you moved in, even if you didn't provide it.

Have you made any recordings that may indicate what your actual useage may have been?

Make sure you accurately record all of the relevant meter readings on the last day you occupy the property.

Edited by FruitSalad1010

Whatever the reading was in 2019 When you moved in has no relationship to why all bills in the 2 yrs have now been increased.

Have you been giving monthly readings since day one ? 

if not what reading s have you given and when?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The bill for Sept 2019-November 2020 showed £292 in debt. Then for the period November 2020 to April 2021 the debt shot up to £2,100. 

Unfortunately, I can’t find any history of the original number. 

Apparently I submitted an electricity reading in November but not a gas. 

answer my question fully please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Apparently I submitted an electricity reading in November but not a gas. 

It has not been unknown for energy companies to change meter reading submissions after they they are provided by customers, this is why it is important to keep a personal record of any readings you have taken and submitted and not to solely rely on their records.

This is another reason why sending EDF a SAR as advised by BankFodder is a good and necessary step.