what are my rights requesting a refund to a personal trainer, due to covid-related situation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Prior the lockdown I had a membership with Fitness First and I had purchased 10 sessions with a Fitness First Personal Trainer. I only managed to have 5 of those sessions before the lockdown. I had to cancelled my gym membership since I've had to move places during the pandemic. I would like to get a refund for the 5 unused PT sessions, but the PT is not answering any of my messages. At Fitness First they say the PTs are self-employed so they cannot help me nor put me in contact with her because she doesn't work anymore at Fitness First.

I don't have any contract (since I thought my contract with Fitness First was enough as they were the ones who offered me the PT sessions at their gym, and who put me in contact with this person). I do have proof of payments and transcripts from her messages talking about the prices and how to pay her, etc. 

Do I have any chances or rights to get my money back from these 5 unused sessions? 

Thank you!  

J

Fitness First are correct the Personal trainer who uses their facilities is self employed. Therefore you have to get hold of the Personal Trainer to ask for  the training sessions to be provided or a refund issued.

You would have a contract with the Personal Trainer as you paid them an amount to cover 10 personal training sessions.  There may have been an information leaflet and/or information provided verbally advising you that a Personal Trainer would provide you with sessions at a cost of x amount.  That was the offer made to you and you accepted it, paying the amount requested. Therefore a contact was created.

The question is how are you going to find contact details for the Personal Trainer to pursue this ?  Fitness First would be correct that they would not be able to provide contact details.

There would many Personal Trainers in the situation of having spent the money clients paid to them and they will have people trying to contact them.  They may no longer have any access to faciltiies to provide the sessions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you @unclebulgaria67! I have her contact details as her full name and phone number, but she's ignoring me completely. I know this is still her number as I messaged her through whatssapp and I can see she's read the message and her profile picture is still the same. I have old messages from her saying the amount, the number of sessions and the date we started. Not sure what else can I do to get this money back?

If you had her address, you could send a letter advising that either they provide the sessions or refund the amount for the unused sessions or you will consider taking this further including issuing a claim in County Court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread