• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HMRC asking me to repay Fast Tax Rebates Ltd scam rebate

dixon2094

That's really useful information from taxhelper, thank you.

On dixon's thread elsewhere, they posted a pdf of part of a tax form and the company shown under the EIS section is Cryoblast. I suspect this is Cryoblast Solutions that was set up by Alan O'Hara, for the tax years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20. It's a shame we can't check to see if Cryoblast Solutions actually had EIS status.

CS only ran for about six months before being dissolved in May 2018. So one of the tax years that FTR claimed EIS relief, the company wasn't even active.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee13. I missed that one but, yes, you are correct.

More evidence - if any were needed - that this is a criminal scam of which both HMRC and the police must be notified.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

All clear now - COVID has been and gone!

Nothing in my tax records regarding and EIS scheme or company of any sort, except the part in the PDF above - which just mentioned the scheme in brief details, which was never relayed to me. So HMRC would've seen this and yet still allowed FTR to submit the claim.

I did send an SAR to FTR, deadline is this Friday 9th. Surprise, I've not heard anything since. I've also not heard anything from HMRC's SAR.

@dixon2094  Follow the advice in the thread, reporting what has happened to Police etc.  Would be a shame if those responsible got away with their actions.

If you don't, HMRC may think you had some knowledge of there being some form of investment that could be subject to verification process in the future, with tax rebates having to be paid back.  If you had no knowledge of what FTR were up to, then you need to report their actions.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes Dixon, 

Please contact the police to complain you have been the victim of fraud at the hands of FTR and Alan O'Hara. You may need to be determined as the police may not want to get involved initially.

But once you do this and get a crime Ref No, you will be in a stronger position to deal with HMRC.

The same advice is being given on the other FTR case running here.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

3 hours ago, dixon2094 said:

Nothing in my tax records regarding and EIS scheme or company of any sort, except the part in the PDF above - which just mentioned the scheme in brief details, which was never relayed to me. So HMRC would've seen this and yet still allowed FTR to submit the claim.

Hi Dixon,

Honeybee meant the thread you have on the other forum which we're aware of and the PDF you posted on there.

It showed a tax return entry - "21. Additional information" - and I assume it was FTR who entered simply "cryoblast" which we assume to be short for Cryoblast Solutions Ltd

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Dixon,

Please engage with us by keeping up to date with your thread here as this could be your best chance of challenging HMRC's claim for full repayment to them.

1. Have you contacted the police and given them all the info you can.

2. Can you confirm if you have filed a court claim against FTR, or have you simply threatened them with this.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dixon,

We've not seen or heard from you for 2 weeks which is a shame - the more you and any others co-operate and liaise, the better chance there is to build a case to save having to repay so much to HMRC.

This is your best chance to challenge HMRC about the refunds which HMRC say you now owe.

• I agree 1

• dx100uk changed the title to HMRC asking me to repay FTR scam rebate

Hi all,

Many apologies for the delay in responding. I've been extremely busy with work. Here is a quick update:

HMRC - this is with Tribunal and HMRC gave their first reply which essentially just allocated it to a case handler for the Tribunal.

FTR - they missed both the SAR and the LBA. They also missed the MCOL deadline and so this has now gone to Judgment. I've spoke with the ISO re the SAR non-answer. Waiting to hear back.

Police - I'm going to contact them tonight and try to obtain a crime reference number.

Action Fraud - I'm going to contact them tonight and will keep you updated.

National Press/Locally - I may contact someone at the Blackpool Gazette and local MP (Scott Benton I believe).

If you need any more info, please let me know.

• Like 1

Once you have judgement come back here and let us know. I doubt you'll hear from FTR so you'll need to consider how, or whether, to enforce it. My guess is you'll find no-one and no assets to enforce it against, but when you have judgement let's see what others think. In any event having judgement is one more thing you can use as evidence in your appeal with HMRC and as another reason why you suspect fraud.

keep checking mcol status, once you see judgement 

go straight to an HCEO company, as long as the figure is above £600 dont mess with county court enforcement

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dixon and pleased to see you back with us.

Please focus for now on reporting to Action Fraud and to the police - get a Crime Ref No.

Apply for Default Judgement with MCOL when you can and let us know if you get this.

Forget local/national press for now. If it becomes relevant in terms of Press Coverage, we have some connections that may be appropriate to approach to maximise coverage to help you and the others involved.

Hi,

MCOL - claim status is still "Issued" - I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Action Fraud - I've submitted the report and I have a crime reference number. I put both Alan O'Hara and FTR as suspects.

ICO - no response yet following FTR's ignorance towards the SAR.

HMRC - they sent their response to the SAR, which just contained details of my previous tax history. Nothing mentioning FTR and their latest "rebate", even though I requested that.

Press - I will leave this until further notice.

Will try keep you updated as best as I can.

• Like 1

Thank you.

That's not good if there are bits missing from the SAR. I think you have other papers that mention FTR Ltd though and Cryoblast Solutions Ltd?

Is there anything that mentions which company or companies your alleged EIS investment went to please? You may have noticed from Schipoo's thread that another company has emerged now.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think you need to go back to HMRC saying :-

I refer to your response to my SAR and note there is nothing supplied regarding the decision to scrutinize my tax returns.

You must inform me if the decision was totally random, or if it was based on information made available to HMRC from whatever source.

You must also provide me with copies of any written notes, memos as requested already. To be clear, in my SAR, I said :-

I require copies of any and all information held about my personal tax affairs including tax returns; submissions made and documents submitted on my behalf by Fast Tax Rebates; communications between HMRC and Fast Tax Rebates; tax calculations; files notes; memos sent or received; information about the decision to review my tax return and/or income tax affairs.

Please now respond properly to my SAR addressing all relevant points, by return of post as you've already had the time allowed to respond.

If you fail to deal with this matter properly, a formal complaint will be made to The Information Commissioner.

• Like 1

There is an exemption for Data Protection SARs of data held for the prevention or detection of crime and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. It doesn't have to be disclosed if you submit a SAR.

HMRC might use that exemption as a reason not to disclose data about you that's linked to their investigation of FTR. Just a thought, I don't know whether this is relevant here or not.

Yes it's very relevant here.

There's a chance some data may be withheld for this reason but asking specifically for more data can't hurt and may just help.

@honeybee13Yes, I do have the documents naming FTR and Cyroblast... I got these from logging in myself via Government Gateway.

How do I contact HMRC and say they've missed what I asked for? There's no email on the letter and I don't want to be on the phone for 3 hours trying to speak to someone.

@slick132 How do I contact them to say this? There's no email on my letter or direct contact info... just a name.

@Alvinsmalvin This is exactly what I got, almost word for word. I've attached what they sent to me a few months ago at the start of all this.

Email.pdf

Another update:

MCOL - I got an email from [email protected] saying:

"Thank you for your correspondence. I can see that you entered judgment on 23 July 2021. The defendant has been sent a copy of the judgment order and should now contact you to arrange to pay you directly. I hope this is of assistance. If you need more information please contact us."

Does this mean FTR have to pay me since they didn't respond to my LBA or to the MCOL claim and it went to Judgment? FTR are still trading and aren't insolvent/going through insolvency as I understand, so they're still liquid.

Action Fraud - I got a text saying:

"This is Lancashire Victim Services, an independent charity contacting you following a crime reported to the police. If you require free confidential help and support call 0300 323 0085 or reply Y to this message within 72 hours and well call you back. Visit www.lancashirevictimservices.org . See My Support Space (Victimsup.pt/LANCS) www.victimsupport.org.uk/yourdata"

Is this worth following up on?

21 minutes ago, dixon2094 said:

FTR are still trading and aren't insolvent/going through insolvency as I understand, so they're still liquid.

Can I ask how you know this @dixon2094 ?  Comapnies House is still showing no accounts have ever been filed and I can't see anything online to suggest they are still trading.

dixon. just type no need to keep hitting quote

it makes the thread twice as long by keep repeating the previous post you are replying too and makes it very difficult for small screen users to find your actual replies

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That just confirms they haven't filed for insolvency. It doesn't mean they are still trading. There are very many companies registered at Comapnies House  that have ceased trading but not bothered to file for insolvency or otherwise asked to be struck off.

It also confirms that they have filed no accounts so we don't know whether tney have any assets you could enforce your judgement against.

My guess is still that you will find no assets, no premises, and nobody to enforce your judgement against. Just because FTR Ltd still exists as a company doesn't mean it has any money!