G24 pcn Sports Direct, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU .Not Paid, yet.

Thought this a strange reply, they don’t seem 100% sure themselves whether planning permission is required . This is from customer feedback team , not sure if it’s from the City council , or directly from the planning offices . Bad that you can’t get a straight answer one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ,have just received some information regarding planning permission for this car park .

There is no planning permission for cameras , poles or signage. Asked if the land can be used as a paying car park without this permission ,was told this is a civil matter , which I’m a bit unsure what this means. So not sure if this info helps.

No planning permission as none was applied for . I asked about use of the land as a paying car park , without planning permission . Was told that that would be a civil matter . Like I say , not sure what to make of this info.

• Thanks 1

eh? and the planning dept dont know that make the whole thing criminal and illegal....what an office junior!!

this should be excellent news for all the g24 victims here.

the knowledgeable ones will explain why soon

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great news.  Well done on all your hard work.  Not having planning permission is a criminal offence, and it's not possible to form a contract if criminality is involved - which means you don't owe G24 a bean.  Which of course you already knew!  But this is a good extra string to your bow.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please create your own topic by hitting + or create in the top red banner 

also please complete the parking charge sticky on the same homepage 

and scan up all letters to date in/out to one mass pdf.

as this thread from post 1 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Erection of the signs and other stuff without Planning Permission is Criminal, therefore any contract alleged to be formed with a parker by the fleecer's is automatically void, as you cannot form a contract that has a criminal element as in illegal or unlawful signage advertising the terms, of a contract.  Other's will amplify other aspects of this.  Basically No PP they are screwed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Princess roxy I have looked into this about planning permission please don't try and use it as a defence. It's the wrong kind of court and its down to the council to pursue them for planning permission.......which they aren't going to do This evidence will just get dismissed and be a waste of your time and effort. 

rubbish!!!

we've won several times including this and its nothing to to with it being the 'wrong court'. the defendant is not trying to pursue the claimant upon no planning permission, they are using that as proof they have no legal rights to even charge nor legally prosecute/enforce parking on that land in their own name.

and they

After sending our snotty letter to G24 and bwlegal ,after we had a LBC ,we’ve had a reply from G24 . Bit of a strange one this. 

“As your appeal has been rejected ,any further correspondence may not receive a response. “

Goes onto say that I can still pay ,or if I do nothing they can recover the debt through debt recovery procedures.

Then goes onto say in the last paragraph 

“ The independent Appeals Service provides an alternative dispute resolution scheme for disputes of this type, we may engage with the IAS Non standard appeals service at our discretion should a dispute arise over this charge in future .”

Dont know what to make of it ,have we gone back to square one?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I've had this many times via email when I tried to explain my situation to G24. 

It's a standard canned response they send out. I don't think anyone properly reads what you actually send to them.

It seems pretty automated to me. 

No Honeybee would never dream of going down the IAS route , would sooner go down the NC route and issue a few threats of court action myself . These crooks are still demanding money off people illegally.

• Like 1

unlawfully for now . though if they have no planning then as BN explains illegality enters into the mix.

the ias as you are aware is run by the two bods from gladstone sols will and john anyway so we know how fair they are:pound:. safe to ignore.

and they

Radsey - what you've posted is nonsense, dx explained a lot better than I could.

Princess Roxy - this is excellent news.  G24 sent you formal notice of intention to commence legal action under the Pre-Action Protocol.  You told them to do their worst.  They then summoned their legal bods and went into full litigation mode and hit you hard with ...

... a silly standard letter.

They know they are on very thin ice with this car park and will do anything save actually really take someone to court.

Relax and ignore this latest tripe.  Yours is not the next move.

The same thing happenned to me several years ago. I sent them a stroppy letter calling them all the idiots under the sun etc etc. They wrote saying that they had received my appeal! It was no appeal, it was telling them how incompetent they were. I think I did include the word incompetent coming to think of it. Silly me . They cannot understand words of more than two syllables. I wrote back to them using one red crayon and one blue crayon using small words and pictures of birds flying in the air. They haven't replied to date. If there is a next time instead of birds I will use pigs but I will probably have to explain the significance of pigs might fly . At birth the poor dears missed out when it came to having intelligence included in their DNA.

I suggest that your letter confused them into thinking that this was an appeal from you - that gives you an idea of just how thick they are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Superb news.

Now why would they change the rules if the rules were perfectly fine to start with?

This makes it even less likely they will have the gonads to take you and the others here to court.

they cant change any rule that wasnt granted by the council in the 1st place....:pound:how nice if them...muppets,,,

and they

Would be more of a credit if MP got them to drop all the hopeless court cases they started.  But MOP's like to justify their existence from time to time.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!