G24 pcn Sports Direct, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU .Not Paid, yet.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, hang on a minute, trouble has been brewing with G24 at that car park for months.  What you send will probably be sent by at least six other people so I want to get it right.  During the evening the other regulars will pop in with comments.

Yes, it is a confident reply and that's exactly the way to deal with such people.  Their LoC is a fishing exercise.  They're on the look out for people who don't reply and therefore might not reply to a county court claim form giving them an easy win by default.  People who do reply and show they haven't got a clue about the law are also easy meat.  You need to come across as a total pain in the backside who would cost them big time if they did do court.

Of course there are no guarantees.

No, don't use their forms.  The forms are intended to make them look like some sort of official body.  Their systems need to be ridiculed.

Good point about the photos.  I've made a change to the snotty letter to include this.

More later this evening.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just to ask ,have you seen the letters sent by our MP Jack Brereton to G24 and IPC  stating laws and how they have not complied to them , regarding signage . He’s saying that all charges up until the proper signage was installed should be cancelled ,and refunds to those that paid the charge ,returned .

No, I hadn't seen the MP's letters.  Thanks for pointing us in that direction.

So from the work the MP has done, we know that before May 2021 the signage was complete pants, and let's be frank about it, designed deliberately to entrap motorists.

I see your visit was December 2020.

I think you should write to the MP,  explain your situation, and request a copy of the images he mentions  https://www.jackbrereton.co.uk/news/g24-matalan-and-sports-direct-car-park-update

While it's good that the MP has got involved, and he's absolutely right that all invoices before May 2021 should be cancelled, he'll get nowhere.  He's dealing with crooks who have complete contempt for motorists, the companies whose car parks they infest, the courts & Parliament. 

What you and the six others here are doing is absolutely right.  You don't owe this money.  So don't pay it. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Had been in touch with our MP few weeks ago , about possible lack of planning permission for signage , hes on the case and said he would get in touch with any news. I’ve already sent another email asking for any information to help our case . Seems that this car park is bringing a lot of bad attention to G24.

As none of the other regulars have objected, invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and send off the snotty letter both to BW Legal and to G24, and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

I say to send to G24 too because BW Legal are well known to us.  They're a slimy bunch who would love to egg on their client to start a court case even if it was hopeless.  After all there would be £££££ to be made.  Let G24 know too directly they would be on to a hell of a hammering if they dared do court.

• Like 1

No.  I know where you're coming from.  We've had Caggers in the past send letters full of superb legal points excellently researched ...

... which just gave BW Legal and their kin advance notice of the Cagger's case and a great opportunity to think up lies to counter it.

Send the letter as is.  Don't play your cards too early.

The point of the snotty letter is one and one only.  For G24 to think your wife is a pain in the backside who would fight them all the way and cost them money if they did do court, so best to forget about her and concentrate instead on some mug who would blindly cough up.  

People like Brassnecked, dx, lookinforinfo, etc. have well over a decade's experience in fighting these cases, and no-one has objected to what i drafted.  There are no guarantees but we've found over the years that this is the way to make your own luck and generally - not always - send the fleecers packing.

• Like 1

Just one thing.  You haven't uploaded their LoC so I'm going by guesswork as to what these vile companies normally do.  Their MO is to demand £100 and then later pretend the sum has increased to £160 although this is expressly forbidden by statute.  That's why I mentioned the "£60 Unicorn Food Tax".  If I'm right and their letter is demanding £160 then send off the snotty letters tomorrow morning as drafted.  If not, send the letters in any case but tweak the amount of the Unicorn Food Tax.

• Thanks 1

The extra £60 |Unicorn Feed Tax is one they can't apply if suing the Keeper and don't know who the driver is.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

OK FTMDave , I’ve sorted a letter based on what you posted in post 74 . . I’ve  mentioned NC , and that I have photos . As he got his case won , should I also say that I would use similar evidence in court , or just leave  it as saying I have photos .thanks

not in a snotty letter you don't

what part of don't play your cards are you not understanding?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I included something about photos in the letter as per your suggestion.  Just send the letter in post 74.

• Like 1

Less is more, keeps them unsure.  makes they worry about what you have and whether on balance better to bail leave you alone  and pester some other mug.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well two Caggers have had Letters of Claim from them this week so they're obviously trying a new trick.

Let us know if you get one.

if its as post 74 no need

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good question.

The snotty letters are aimed at convincing G24 you'd be more trouble that it's worth, so they may simply crawl back under their stone and you'll hear nothing ever again.

They might test the waters with the courts and actually start a court claim

Or they may go for a stupid half-way house, giving you a final final chance to pay after giving you a final chance to pay.

It's wait & see time.  However, yours is not the next move.

no harm in reading as many threads in this forum as you like....

• Thanks 1

and they

it can be discontinued yes.... but why ask...

no you will not be allowed in court

however stop panicking about court etc etc....no need.

this will most prob be a phone hearing in the future...if if if it ever happens

no need to look at giving in....

• Thanks 1

and they

Had this sent to me today , about planning permission on the Heathcote rd car park. Not sure if it helps our case.

In specific reference to the installation of CCTV/ANPR cameras, the cameras themselves tend not to require planning permission due to their size and it is usually the structure/pole to which they are attached that requires the planning permission and the associated signage may also not require advertisement consent due to the size. 

However, in order to ensure that the cameras, machine and associated signage do not require planning permission we will have the details registered as a planning enforcement complaint and the matter can be investigated accordingly. Once it has been looked into you will be updated accordingly. 

Edited by princess roxy

they are wrong office junior..

they do need pp.

dx

and they