G24 pcn Sports Direct, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU .Not Paid, yet.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, six months ago I visited a local retail site  .

I have visited this site many times ,and the parking has always been pay and display ,with free parking for blue badge holders. So as a blue badge holder the car was parked in a blue badge bay . A few weeks later I received a PCN , as the keeper of the car , saying that a parking ticket had not been paid for  , and showing a photo of the car entering and leaving the car park . I was shocked , there was no signage to say that blue badge holders had to pay for a ticket.

I spoke to someone who advised to ignore this for the moment.  A month later received a final notice letter from G24 saying that they would pass my info on to a debt collecting company if I did not pay . I then received a letter from a debt collecting company asking me to pay the penalty charge, which had now increased from £100 to £160 . I was getting a little worried as I have never in my life had debt collectors chasing me , and questioned if maybe there was signage that was not seen , so I got a friend to take me down to the retail park .

I was shocked at what I saw ,large warning signs every where I, they made you scared to even enter the car park. In front of the blue badge bays were large signs probably 3ft by 2ft saying that BLUE BADGE HOLDERS HAVE TO PAY.  These signs were definatley not there when I was issued a PCN , you would be frightened not to buy a ticket. I spoke to a shop worker who said the signs have only been up for a couple of months ,due to complaints from customers.

However , I recently received another letter from the debt collectors stating that if I didn’t pay within two weeks they may look at starting court proceedings against me  so I have decided that if I get a LBA , maybe I should pay up . I am retired and have never had a CCJ or been to court ,so wouldn’t know what do . What would you advise .

Thanks ,Roxy 

• princess roxy changed the title to G24 pcn .Not Paid, yet.
  • honeybee13 changed the title to G24 pcn Sports Direct, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU .Not Paid, yet.
  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a look at this link 

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

It would be an idea if you went back to the car park and see if you could identify where the new signs are and compare it to the google  picture. I don't know when this was taken, but somebody will know how to find out.

Anyway, the important thing is to be able to show that the signs are relatively recent. If you can find signs in the car park today which are present on the image then it would be a good idea to take a copy of the image – maybe a screenshot and then to mark in where the new signs are.

• Thanks 1

In fact there are different versions from 2009 – 2020.

You are the fifth motorist to ask for help regarding this car park within the last few weeks.  So far no-one has been taken to court.  Indeed no-one has even received a LBA.  So for the moment there's nothing to worry about.

The debt collector letters are laughable - they can't do anything as it's not their debt!

We're still unsure if this is a retail park car park, or Sports Direct's own car park.  It's a strange set up from what I can see on Google Maps (see attachment), on the one hand the car park is not just for Sports Direct, on the other there is only one other shop there and the entrance sign refers to Matalan/Sports Direct.com Customer Car Park (rather than it being called a retail park or some such, indeed Sports Direct's logo is used in the title).

One of the other motorists got onto the store in Stoke, and was fobbed off.  I suggest you e-mail the CEO  [email protected]  and attach any proof of purchase and demand the ticket be cancelled.  Now they might come back and say it's not their car park and they can do nothing, but nothing ventured ...

Stoke-on-Trent, England - Google Maps — Mozilla Firefox 14_05_2021 12_57_31-converted(1).pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The image on Google Maps shows that it was captured 'June 2015'

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Today I’ve received another letter from TRACE legal department ,going on about their client has instructed them to assess and prepare my case for potential legal action, saying that their client must demonstrate that they have done as much as possible to settle the matter ( client sent me two letters , think this is four from Trace)

They say this is known as “ pre action protocol” .

They are offering me another 14 days to pay up and prevent legal action taken against me in the County Court .  

Roxy. Any advice please.

It's not Trace's debt so they can do nothing.  Hot air from paper tigers.

What was the response from Sports Direct's CEO's office?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Normal TRACE LEGAL DEPARTMENT heading , no mention of LBA . Does say “ when taking any court action our client must demonstrate that they have done as much as possible to settle the matter . This is known as pre-action protocol.As such our client has instructed us to write to you offering you a final 14 days to settle the matter to prevent legal action against you in the county court”. 

Not even a reply from Sports Direct

if they are mentioning PAP then i'd say its a letter before claim.

scan it to PDF please 

also you need to fill this out so we have all the correct info to answer properly

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

questionnaire link as well please

thats not a letter of claim as they keep going on about instruction lawyers (not the USA mate!) and solicitors to start the PAP process...which is a letter of claim 1st.

there was also not I&E reply questions pack with that letter either was there?

and they

1 Date of the infringement 22nd Dec 2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 29th Dec 2020

3 Date received 6th Jan 2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? G24

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Sports Direct, Heathcote Rd Longton Stoke on Trent St3 5 nu

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Have received another (final notice) letter from G24 and 4 letters from Trace debt collectors

Good to see Sports Direct ... treating their customers with complete contempt.

Normally I would suggest getting nasty and threatening to join them as a third party to any court action if they don't get the invoice cancelled - but the problem is we still don't know if it's Sport's Direct's own car park.  Might be worth a try I suppose.

scary..nothing to be 'scared' about...

• Like 1

and they