The government wants to put your lifetime medical records onto a database for research or to sell

The government has quietly introduced these plans and half a million people have already opted out, as many did in 2013. People have until 23rd June to opt out of having their records sold.

Here are a couple of articles, one from someone representing GPs and from one of the organisations mounting a court case next week that's trying to at least slow down the process so people can make informed decisions.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/03/gp-nhs-digital-data-patients-records-england

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ournhs/legal-threat-sharpens-over-uk-government-plans-harvest-patient-data-gps/

HB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Couple of NHS Link on this matter:

WWW.NHS.UK

Information about sharing health records.

DIGITAL.NHS.UK

The national data opt-out is a service that allows patients to opt out of their confidential patient information being used for research and planning.

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

New article link which is interesting.  "Where the NHS data grab meets the PHE data black hole"

Cambridge Analytica on Steroids - Keeping the Receipts (substack.com)

Personally, I am not fully aware of the list of pros & cons to make any judgement on this issue.  

The crucial question for me would be.  Does the provision of this data improve the planning and provision of health services, medicines etc ? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think you're going to get an answer on what they will do with your data. It went wrong last time because they issued flyers and 2 million people objected so this time they're doing it almost by stealth.

Another article.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

We need more transparency before offering up our health information

The process has been paused until 1st September to allow for more consultation. It's only paused though, they still plan to go ahead.

HB