G24 ANPR PCN - Sports Direct & Matalan​​​​​​​, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Samtex said:

Today I have received a Letter of Claim from BW legal (G24 Limited). 

I have attached a PDF copy to this post.

There are additional forms which are basically asking me to own the debit and provide an income statement which I will not do. 

The last option on the form is to ask for additional information. Since I do not have any documentation including images of the alleged offence, I believe this maybe a good place to start. 

Any advise would be gratefully received. 

Many thanks

I've had to hide your post as you left both the PCN number and your car registration showing.

However, the important thing to do now, as dx says, is to post up a draft of a suitable snotty letter to show them you'd be big trouble if they did do court.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have a read of princess roxy's thread from post 69 to the end.  It's the same car park.  There's loads of useful info there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have just read the thread and they have indeed done some great work. I will be emailing the MP shortly asking for his support and the photographic evidence he has. 

This could be a great help.  

I have decided to write my own letter which goes as follows ... 

To whom it may concern, 

Thank you for your final letter of claim. I can at long last take this opportunity to expose your shady and borderline illegal practices. If you want to get straight to the point, go to the fourth paragraph. You will see that when we go to court, you won’t have a leg to stand on and will be wide open to counter-claims.  

My first interaction with G24 was an invoice through the post requesting £160 for a parking charge. There was no time, no location or any evidence of any kind as to what the invoice was actually for. Basically just an invoice for a parking charge at an unknown location at an unknown time without any proof and from a company I did not know.

Despite this extremely dodge letter, I logged onto the G24 website to discover that it was a parking charge for parking in the free customer car park at Sports Direct in Longton, Stoke-On Trent. I tried a number of times to resolve this matter by providing the requested customer receipt and informing you that I had not received any PCN. Instead of the matter then being resolved, I just received a canned response over and over again… “As your appeal has been rejected, any further correspondence may not receive a response”. 

No copy of the PCN and no willingness to communicate. This was clearly a ploy to force people into paying your dodge invoice. 

There was no way I was going to pay such a trumped-up charge under these conditions.

However, let’s cut a long story short and get straight to the point… 

The Sports Direct and Matalan car park off Heathcote Road, Longton at the time of my alleged parking violation was being operated illegally. There have been detailed articles in the Stoke Sentinel and by the local MP with proof that the signage was not displayed correctly and did not meet the legal requirements. In addition to this, you tried to gain money by deception by changing the signage at the car park before anyone could notice which enabled you to continue to pressure people for money.  

I am 100% sure that you are aware of this whole situation as our local MP also wrote to you on our behalf detailing the extent and timeframe of your illegal and immoral practices. Despite all this, you continue to actively pursue and threaten individuals such as myself with court action if your invoice is not paid. 

If you continue with this action, I will ensure that the court Judge has full details of all your despicable behaviour along with a mountain of proof against you. There will be no good outcome for you and it will make any case for counterclaims extremely strong.

Edited by Samtex

god no...

what have we said in other threads about not playing your cards early..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My desire is to end the who situation with a robust response so they drop the case and stop hounding me. This is how the other guy ended things. Until that point they just ignored him.

However, if you advise that I make the evidence part of the letter a little more subtle I can do so. 

8 hours ago, Samtex said:

My desire is to end the who situation with a robust response so they drop the case and stop hounding me.

Exactly.  This is what the snotty letter I drew your attention to does - tells them to Foxtrot Oscar without letting on what evidence you have.

I have updated my letter to be a little less informative but still confident... 

To whom it may concern. 

Thank you for your letter of claim. I can now officially respond to your very shady, immoral and borderline illegal operation. 

It has become very apparent that the whole process is set up to pressure me and other motorists into paying your trumped up “invoices” without a second thought. This is definitely not going to happen in this instance.  

If you had taken the time to do your due diligence, you will have realised that your whole case is extremely poor and fundamentally floored. 

Your illegal operations have been widely publicised in the area and have been laid out in black and white for all to see, plus a few pictures thrown in for good measure. 

It is so concerning that the local MP is now heavily involved, publishing an open letter and taking this matter to the highest levels. 

You can either drop this case immediately or I can take the mountain of evidence we have against you and give you a sound beating in court. 

Your sincerely 

You're supposed to be replying to the solicitors who sent the Letter of Claim.  At one point you seem to be doing this when you have a go at them for lack of due diligence but then the rest of the time you refer to "you" and "your".

The forum has already, twice, indicated an appropriate snotty letter which I'll paste below.  For some reason you don't seem to want to send it.  That's fine, it's your case not ours, you'll be in court soon not us.  It is however a pity as you're one of the first motorists in a large group here to get a Letter of Claim for this car park and if you succeed in batting off the fleecers you'll help not only yourself but a load of others. 

So, the forum suggests to send the following today to BW Legal and also a copy to G24, by 2nd class post, and to get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.  If on the other hand you want to do your own thing then do so.   

Dear Rachael and Sean,

cheers for your Letter of Claim.  I creased up at the idea that you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and put my hand in my pocket!

I presume as usual you've been too bone idle to do any due diligence otherwise you'd have immediately seen that your client's case is total pants.  I mean it's all there in the Stoke Sentinel.  I have all the photos.  Does the name Nick Cartlidge ring a bell?

Greedy greedy G24 couldn't resist adding £60 Unicorn Food Tax.  Big own goal!  Judges don't like these made-up sums, do they?

Your client can either drop this madness or get a good hammering in court.  Either solution is fine by me.  I would delight in obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending the dosh on a nice foreign holiday now that we can all travel again, while all the time laughing at your client.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO G24 LTD

• I agree 1

The snotty letter does not represent my case or my style of conduct. My first letter was not the PCA like many others but directly from the Track and Trace department. I would like to get the letter right in my own style and would greatly appreciate any help in doing so. 

I will reply with an updated version soon as time is running out. 

Many thanks 

Hi.

Our style of 'snotty letter' has been successful in dissuading parking companies from going to court many times but if you want to rewrite it in your style then please post up your proposed version and the guys will help you to refine it.

We write letters our way becaue they work but of course you're free to disagree.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Here is my updated letter. 

Thank you for all your help and support. It would be quite worrying otherwise. 

Many thanks 

To whom it may concern. 

Thank you for your letter of claim. I can now officially respond and highlight your clients very shady, immoral and borderline illegal operations. 

It has become very apparent that the whole process is set up to pressure me and other motorists into paying trumped up “invoices” without a second thought. This is definitely not going to happen in this case!  

If you had taken the time to do your due diligence, you would have realised that the whole case is extremely poor and fundamentally floored. 

Your client’s illegal operations have been widely publicised in the area and have been laid out in black and white for all to see, plus a few pictures thrown in for good measure. 

It is so concerning that the local MP is now heavily involved, publishing an open letter and taking this matter to the highest level. 

Your client can either drop the case immediately, or I can take the mountain of evidence we have against them and give you a sound beating in court. 

Yours sincerely 

• Confused 1

I expect the guys will be along later to comment on techincal detail for you.

I have a couple of picky points. If you're going to write to 'Whom it may concern', I think it should probably end with 'Yours faithfully'. Yours sincerely is when you address the person by name.

When you say 'fundamentally floored', I think you mean fundamentally flawed.

Just a thought.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would add that their operations should be described as unlawful rather than illegal. Your letter is somewhat lacking in getting across what a joke their case actually is. FTMDave's letter did get that across  and while I concede that it may not be your style  I feel it would have been more effective in attempting to dissuade them from going to Court.

• I agree 1

Hi Guys, I have made the changes. 

Thank you so much for your feedback so far it has really helped. 

To whom it may concern. 

Thank you for your letter of claim. I can now officially respond and highlight your clients very shady, immoral and borderline unlawful operations. 

It has become very apparent that the whole process is set up to pressure me and other motorists into paying trumped-up “invoices” without a second thought. This is definitely not going to happen in this case!  

If you had taken the time to do your due diligence, you would have realised that the whole case is fundamentally flawed and an absolute joke from beginning to end.  

Your client’s shady operations have been widely publicised in the area and laid out in black and white in the Stoke Sental for all to see, plus a few pictures thrown in for good measure which are safely in my possession.  Does the name Nick Cartlidge ring a bell?

The local MP is now heavily involved, publishing an open letter and taking this matter to the highest level. The whole situation is just a big mess for G24 and continuing this way is just making it worse. 

Your client can either drop this laughable case immediately, or I will use the mountain of evidence I have against you and proceed to take the matter further. 

Yours sincerely

Instead of To Whom it may concern you could use something like Dear Ignoramuses. Then you would be correct to use Yours Sincerely at the end since we are all sincere in our beliefs that they are ignoramuses.

You can be as rude as you want as their heads are as thick as their skin.

• Haha 1

Forum regulars have pointed out on several occasions what needs to be sent but you steadfastly refuse to do so.

Whatever is sent needs to have  COPIED TO G24 LTD  at the bottom, with the original posted to BW Legal and a copy sent to G24.  This is because BW Legal are utter crooks who have loads of previous for egging on their clients to start court cases, however hopeless those cases are.  After all, it's £££££ in any case.  They are quite capable of lying to their own clients and pretending to have received nothing from you.  So make sure a copy goes to G24 too to show you'd just be big trouble to them if they did do court.

Invest in two 2nd class stamps and make sure you get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

I have mentioned in the past that my case took a slightly different course than discussed in the other letter. This is why I have omitted some points and written my own. 

It is address to... "To whom it may concern" as a filler for the draft. I will use the full title when it is completed. 

Once all is in order I will as advised send copies to both parties G24 & BW Legal with proof of postage. 

At the moment and with your help I'm eager to get this response completed in a manner that reflects my case. 

Look forward to any help received and thank you for all your time so far.

Edited by Samtex

A few days after sending your snotty letter you could also SAR G24.  They are legally obliged to respect a SAR and send you all the correspondence you rightly want and that they have refused to send previously.

• Like 1

Does anyone have G24 Limited's address? I have never actually received a little from them. 

The only addresses I have are for Trace Debt Recovery UK and BW Legal

Is it the same as the G24 address on the main website? 

G24 LTD

Batchworth House

Batchworth Place

Church Street

Rickmansworth  WD3 1JE