G24 ANPR PCN - Sports Direct & Matalan​​​​​​​, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

samtex, please just type no need to hit quote.

you really must get reading up, as far as i can see you've only bothered to read one other thread in this forum, you need to read a few 100 to understand what might happen and how to deal with letters and what you ignore and don't. CAG is prodominantly a self-help forum too.

it is NOT a FINE

it is NOT a penalty.

it's a speculative invoice because the driver supposedly drove onto private land and entered into some imaginary contract whereby the landowner might or might not have entered into a parking management contract with G24, that might or might not be legally enforceable and paid to date.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

When you have time, have a look at this thread  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/435620-g24-pcn-sports-direct-heathcote-rd-longton-stoke-on-trent-st3-2nu-not-paid-yet/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-5117764

The OP is in the same situation as you and is trying to dig up as much information as possible to sink the fleecers' case.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have just read the thread and it seems like we are pretty much at the same point in our cases. I just received another letter from TRACE a few days back which I will upload

It states they are doing all they can before taking further action but to be honest G24 (the client) haven't even sent me proof of the offence even though I requested it a number of times. I can't admit / deny or fight anything ticket I've not received. 

Anyway, I've just been sitting tight and I'll upload the latest letter soon. 

I have also found this article in the Stoke Sentinel. It seems like there is quite a problem here as both the local MP and the newspapers are getting involved. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/shoppers-boycott-sports-direct-matalan-5502787

• Like 1

Notice the Sentinel and the MP are calling them Fines, someone needs to remind the Sentinal, and the MP that these are Civil Invoices founded under Contract Law for breaching a term in a contract they deem the parker has with them by parking in there.  About time they got the terminology correct as the enforcement  methods different from a Court Fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's interesting that the journalist refers to the place as "Longton Retail Park".  I've just e-mailed him, in a friendly tone, to ask if he knows who runs the car park - and at the same time set him right about "fines".

We have quite a few motorists here in the same boat as you, and several of you are doing great work in building up evidence against the fleecers.  It would be a good idea to keep an eye on each other's threads.  Do a search for "G24" or "Heathcote" in thread titles.  You can "follow" the threads too and be automatically e-mailed when there are new posts.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new thread  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/437521-g24-anpr-pcn-no-permit-only-1hrs-free-parking-sports-direct-matalan heathcote-road-longton-stoke-on-trent-st3-won/  where the OP has done magnificent work and sussed out (a) when the fleecers could be bothered to put up an entrance sign and (b) when they could finally be pestered to cart away the confusing inactive pay machines.          

The OP's digging would be fundamental to batting away a future court claim and exposing the fleecers' lies.

Please "Follow" the various threads at this car park so you are kept abreast of developments, I can't remember every single time to keep all of you informed.

Thank you very much @FTMDavefor altering me to this. It will be a great help since the signs went up 5 months after my ticket. I will be closely following the thread and look forward to seeing the proof that the OP has :)

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

I am now receiving both letter and phone calls from this organisation trying to pressure me into paying this parking charge

Here is the latest letter. 

It would be great to get the proof from @nc87on the other thread to help with this situation 

(invalid) (1).pdf

Edited by Samtex

Hi. It looks like a standard threatogram, although the £15 a month is a new one on me. Not that I'm suggesting you pay it.

Hopefully @nc87 will come back and post the information, but I don't know if BW Legal will be interested in it at this stage. They're not here to negotiate unless you offer them money, I imagine.

How did they get hold of your phone number?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

they are not a registered creditor with the FCA so can't offer payment schemes

you ignore them totally until/unless you get a letter of claim

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would the FCA be interested in these PPC  instalment scheme shenanigans?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest letter from G24 / BW Legal. 

I have ignored all other communication but this letter states that the next communication will be a letter of claim

I could really do with the footage or images from @nc87 as it would help massively with these people who have been plaguing my life for months

bwl parking letter.pdf

Just ignore it.  The only time you need to reply is if a Letter of Claim does eventually turn up. 

BTW, did you get any reply from the Sports Direct CEO?

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

Have you been reading a good few 10's of threads here yet?

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have read a number of these posts on different forums. Once the LOC has been received I will have a chance to request full proof of any offence and put forward my case. This is where things get sticky, I have anxiety and do not have much if any experience when it comes to quoting cases and legal precedent. I will also have a CCJ hanging over my head which is an added pressure. This is why I was hoping to get the additional proof from the other forum member that helped end his case.   

• Confused 1

Sorry, but you've got this all wrong.

A Letter of Claim is a legal requirement for the parties to try to sort things out before litigation.  They send you a Letter of Claim.  You write back ridiculing their case.  Er, that's it.

You can only get a CCJ if, after the Letter of Claim, G24 take you to court, you lose the court case and you then defy the court and refuse to pay even when ordered to. 

I don't know what you mean by "to request full proof of any offence".  You already have this.  G24 reckon you broke one of their silly rules.  They sent you a PCN.  There isn't any more.

Here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347084-ppc-successes-no-questions-please/

is a list of all our successes.  Well, not all, the ones where there was an obvious "moment of success".  You need to read some of the threads of cases that went all the way to court, to familiarise yourself with the legal process, otherwise you'll keep getting it wrong.

I have read a number of these posts on different forums

simple answer is STOP reading other forums as advised 5 times now since you came here in june...and in my last post

stick to CAG, we don't purposefully confuse people by giving wrong advice to get money out of you later by fake court help or via external websites that profess to be experts fpr a price.

42 minutes ago, Samtex said:

I will also have a CCJ hanging over my head which is an added pressure.

you keep going on about this 'other' ccj 

please create a new thread and tell us all about it.

and they

On 17/09/2021 at 12:49, FTMDave said:

BTW, did you get any reply from the Sports Direct CEO?

Thank you @FTMDavefor the clarification. 

As previously mentioned, my car registration was between addresses at the time. 

I did not receive any information regarding the alleged offence until many months later when I  received a letter requesting I pay a £160 fine. So I have not received any pictures or proof regarding the incident. 

I have messaged Sports Direct on their website and Mike Ashley directly but no response as yet but I will follow up.

it is not a fine!!

you can't get a CCJ for a parking fine!

dx

and they

Thanks for the Sports Direct update.  We now know that avenue is no good.

However, there are seven of you on CAG in the same position, and not only has no-one been taken to court but G24 haven't even sent anyone a LOC yet.  They are obviously very unconfident about a judge examining their rubbish signs and silly rules.

If you want the original PCN then as explained in posts 12 & 13 simply SAR G24.

Thanks for this.  Right from the start of G24's disgraceful antics we've been unsure whether the car park belonged to Sports Direct or a third party.  You've answered that question and helped the six other motorists here in the same position.

I have replied to Sport Direct with the following in the smallest hope of support either for myself or others going forward... 

Hi xxx, 

Thank you for your email. 

My thoughts are, even if Sports Direct does not own the land, you are a critical component in the success of the parking operators business. 

As such you could apply significant pressure to G24 Limited on behalf of your customers. 

To many, Sports Direct are the public face of this whole deception by G24. It reflects extremely badly on you as a company but even more so if you do not use your influence to affect change but stand by and let this happen on your doorstep. 

• Like 1

Snotty letter time

and they