Jump to content

117 aftercare and utility bills

Recommended Posts

Hi. Not sure if this is the right thread or not sorry if it is not.


I have been on a section 3 of the mental health act 1983 and in hospital for over 7 years.

I am in receipt of certain benefits and I an part of the Social services.


I am in a home they call Supported Living and sharing a house with two other disabled guys and a member of staff.


I've a social worker and I am On the local EIP recovery  list.

I also have a rare diagnosed form of Di-George Syndrome which is designated 22 deletion syndrome.


What rights to free care and what dose it cover for utility bills etc.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, welcome to CAG. I've moved your thread from HMRC to our Benefits section where you should get more answers.


We'll do our best for you but it might also be worth asking your social worker or CPN if you have one.


Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi HB cheers for the response.

I have already asked my CPN who is part of the EIP. (Early Intervention of Psychosis Team )

She says its not worth the effort.

She knows me well.


I am not looking to make a complaint id like to see this through with some negotiating tactics.

I really do appreciate the help.


I am aware that I am entitled to free care after coming of the section 3 and moving onto 117 aftercare.


But what exactly dose this cover My Main county is Northumberland.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...