Veteran and family forced to leave long term accommodation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning Everyone

Is it possible someone can help me please?

I have been with the same landlord for 12 years, in 2018 he discovered I am suffering from CPTSD, after he noticed I was sleeping in the box room, the wife explained it was due to me being ill, the wife mentioned to him that I was suffering from CPTSD, he panicked and asked "but he is still working" which I was at that time,  2019, saw me lose my Job after the company I was working for managed me out of the business by gas lighting me,

What is Gaslighting?  

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person or group makes someone question their sanity, perception of reality, or memories. People experiencing gaslighting often feel confused, anxious, and unable to trust themselves.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I then couldn't pay my rent for 4 months, I turned to the RBL, who eventually after a length battle involving my MP paid my rent arrears.........But now the dye was cast, the landlord at that point I believe decided to get us out of the property.........

Friday the 28th of May 2021.......the Landlord informed us that he wanted to retire, and he was selling the property, I used to work with my landlord some years ago, he worked as a contractor, it is clear that he has spent the rent we gave to him for al those years and not provided a pension for himself, I have mentioned this to other estate agents who have stated that he must be mad to sell up.......so I dont think he is.....he just wants rid of us because im ill

My question is, I have CPTSD and this has been diagnosed Iam registered disabled, what are my rights, what can I do.....I have a short space of time to find affordable accommodation

Please Help

Nick

Sorry to here this. The landlord sounds lovely, being more worried about rent money than the tenant as he could have asked better questions IMO. 

Have you got official paperwork as if so you could go to the council. They might be able to help. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yes, I just think he is shallow, anyway I thank you for responding, the doomsday letter has been sent out to me apparently, I will take it to the council see if they can help in someway, one minute i was doing ok the next im told pack up....and move on......im all over the place mentally now....

This is private rent I'm guessing?

There is ooodles of charities out there for us to tap into for housing.

It's just knowing where to look and who's cage to rattle.

Steer clear of social housing is my advice, stick with private LL's and seek out the ones who will give you a long term let so you'll have some stability.

Depending on your cap badge they will have an association you can tap into for advice and some, like mine, have their own housing stock specifically for veterans of that cap badge.

There is HAIG housing, and STOLL, I think there is a waiting list, but get your name down anyhow.

And there is always your Armed forces champion at your local authority, get onto them ASAP and see if they can assist in some way, they may know what is available for veterans in the area.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Your local Council should have details of Housing choices in your area.

Here is some information about how long the landlord has to give you, before you need to leave the property.

WWW.GOV.UK

A tenancy agreement is a contract between you and a landlord - ending a tenancy, changing a tenancy, tenancy types and assured shorthold tenancies

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

nick 7602

Could you tell us what part of the UK your in E&W, Scotland or NI ?

Have you got a written tenancy agreement, what does it say about LL giving you NTQ

Do you know what type of tenancy do you have ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Thanks Buddy, I will contact my regimental association se if they can help

Many thanks for this, very interesting reading 

I live in Worcestershire, The midlands, just south of Birmingham

Hi

Couple of links for you:

https://www.worcester.gov.uk/housing/armed-forces-housing-support

WWW.SSAFA.ORG.UK

WWW.FORCESONLINE.ORG.UK

The Veterans Directory

COUNTIES.BRITISHLEGION.ORG.UK

The Royal British Legion provides help and welfare to the serving and ex-Service community and their families, is one of the UK's largest...

WWW.VETERANSGATEWAY.ORG.UK

The Veterans' Gateway team is the first point of contact for the welfare needs of veterans and their families.

I do disagree with Bazooka Boo on there statement in post#4 to steer clear of social housing and I would adise that you look at all the Housing Association/Housing Trusts/Council Housing in your area and get applications Forms from them and make sure that you inform them that you need to make a Medical Application and you are a Veteran.

Apply to as many of them as you can this way it gets you on there Medical Housing List and if you move at all make sure and keep  them updated as they will annually ask if you wish to stay on list if you don't respond within a certain time they take you off there list.

Also have a good look at the links I provided.

Is it the Notice to Quit letter that you have recieved from your Landlord and what notice have they given you?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lads

Sorry I have gone off on one, went off grid for a while.

since we have been in this property, we have had two previous estate agencies, and the third agency sent a copy of the new tenancy agreement, which was supposed to have arrived by post for signing, to date this has never arrived and we have never signed the new agreement, so  Im assuming we don't have an agreement?

Hi nick

Reference your Agreement as you haven't signed a new one if your previous one has ended all that happens is it now becomes a Rolling Agreement and that one still stands so you actually still do have an Agreement just it's a Rolling Agreement.

Just so you understand what I have said have a wee read of these links:

WWW.GOV.UK

A tenancy agreement is a contract between you and a landlord - ending a tenancy, changing a tenancy, tenancy types and assured shorthold tenancies

ENGLAND.SHELTER.ORG.UK

When your fixed term assured shorthold tenancy ends you can sign a renewal agreement, let your tenancy become periodic or leave the tenancy.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group