My partner wants takes car for export to diffrent country in europe. What duty / fees he has to pay ? 

Depends on how long he has owned it and which country in Europe it is going to ?

Is your partner taking the car to Europe as he is moving to live in an EU country ?

Example- UK to France

For the importation of a non-commercial vehicle from outside of the EU (applicable to UK nationals from 1st Jan 2021) then you will need to obtain customs clearance.

Normally, no customs duties or VAT will be payable, provided you have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months, that all duties and taxes have already been paid and that you are importing the vehicle within twelve months of becoming resident in France.

If it is a new vehicle then customs duties average around 10%, in addition to VAT at 20%.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depends on the country he wishes to export to, age of vehicle and value type, of vehicle , how long he has owned the vehicle etc.

Is he going to live and use the vehicle there?

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Posted (edited)

He wants take to Poland on recovery , he resident there but living in UK as resident too. He will back to UK after. Value is 500 f  2005

Edited by Aga.misia

Based on that there would be no import costs.  But if he wanted to register it in Poland, there will be costs of registration.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread