Boris Johnson Prime Minister

Brady is often the one t o get the PM to go, there must be enough letters in. But you don't know with this PM/

It seems there are two groups of ministers, pro and anti-Johnson, being kept in separate parts of the building.

Illegitimi non carborundum

i dont think he'll go - he's started squealing about a mandate form the electorate - despite reneging on many of the promises he made to get that mandate, and lying about most of the rest. Priming trying to call a snap election.

I hear he fell asleep for a second and woke up saying: I was just having a terrible nightmare, and I asked somebody to pincher me ...

"Moral emptiness"  "unrepentant and inveterate liar"  "devoid of decency"

Boris Johnson Mendex est

“The failure of the cheerleaders of Brexit to acknowledge the consequences of Brexit as due to Brexit remains remarkable.” - David Schneider

I like the Moggies:

'Javid and Sunack haven't resigned because of the lies, but because they personally are no longer benefiting from them

Boris Johnson Mendex est

“The failure of the cheerleaders of Brexit to acknowledge the consequences of Brexit as due to Brexit remains remarkable.” - David Schneider

Appears Boris wants to be forced out, so he can say in the future he is not a quitter. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The new education secretary has resigned after two days. Makes you wonder why she accepted in the first place. So there are entire departments that have a secretary of state and no ministers.

The French are fascinated by this. It's the main article on the front page of Le Monde and BFM TV are discussing it endlessly. They can't believe there can be all these resignations with a PM who insists on staying. A view seems to be 'We might think we've got it bad, but look at them'.

• I agree 1

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Appears Boris wants to be forced out, so he can say in the future he is not a quitter. 

Horsepoop, he has no such positive character.

Hes just desperate to hang onto 'power' just like trump except without any 'credit' of his own to live the high life on once hes kicked out.

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Chris Mason at the Beeb is saying Johnson will resign today. Then he wants to stay on until the party conference when a new successor is appointed.

So is he going to keep to that or will he refuse to go when the time comes? I'm not sure I'd trust him.

On a lighter note, some wag on a comment forum said they should have put the gold wallpaper up with Velcro, lol.

Posted (edited)

He will plot, manipulate and renege to his uttermost.

Hes playing for time to do that - nothing more.

He cant fill the posts - even nobodies are refusing them.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

Boris Johnson Mendex est

I agree. And it gives him time to further his scorched earth policy.

This is from the Guardian just now.

Boris Johnson spoke to Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the Conservative backbench 1922 Committee, and agreed to stand down, No 10 sources are saying. The decision was reportedly taken at about 8.30am.

ETA: he's trying to resign on his own terms - still controlling the dialogue?

Posted (edited)

I dont doubt for a second he's 'suggested' something that could be interpreted as that - or something else

.. but we know hes a corrupt liar with no morals or honor.

he needs to be in a position where he has absolutely no choice (and he will always expect to have an out by just doing whatever he likes) so undoubtedly deals are being agreed where he will escape investigations as a minimum

... and he will still be lying and cheating

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Posted (edited)

Rabb - LOL

Theres probably only wallace and tugenhat who arguably shouldn't be banned from office

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

The right wing calling most of the shots desperately wouldnt want her

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Still as dishonest as when Johnson was there - headline is a sensationalist lie for starters as proven by the first line

Imagine a basically honest politician as PM let loose on the VIP lane antics to regain public trust and avoid the opposition saying they are just as criminal with cover-ups

- a chunk of the Tory party would be in dock where they belong and banned from high office .. potentially

Party always comes first though ..

Boris Johnson Mendex est

According to the Guardian at 09.49, the idea of Johnson staying on until the autumn is going down like a concrete parachute with MPs. They're more aware than I gave them credit for.

I shouldn't quote the whole thing but this is one comment.

Another highly senior Tory source who has been with Johnson over the past 48 hours said his behaviour meant it was dangerous for the country for him to stay. The source said:

His behaviour in the last 48 hrs and been reckless and erratic. He cannot be trusted to lead the country until the autumn. God knows what he will do.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Latest updates: prime minister agrees to resign but ex-ministers insist he cannot stay on until October

• I agree 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently braverman has her eye on the leadership FFS

All these populist scumbags need to be gone - baker especially although theres fat chance of him being deposed.

The whole lot of them need to be gone.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Posted (edited)

The government/Johnson has been brought down due to corruption and lying - there needs to be a general election.

In a way i hope Johnson succeeds in generating one although he will try to generate a GE and kick it as far into the long grass as he can to gain time to fiddle.

Needs to be one now - and without the select  id required disenfranchising crap.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

lets not forget that Johnson was actually getting nowhere with delivering hard Brexit .. he was just kicking it all into the long grass even with his international law breaking

Baker and the hard right wing wanted him gone. Baker may even go for PM now that the doodoo is as deep as it is and he thinks he can do what he likes for 2 years

Boris Johnson Mendex est

So he's speaking to the nation at 12.30 - probably means 1pm - and is still appointing ministers? It was never going to be normal but it's turning Trumpian.

So the resignation still seems open-ended at the moment. Pippa Crerar said earlier that she thinks it's up to the 1922 committee to organise the process of when Johnson leaves, I don't know if it has to wait until after their election on Monday.

I think I already said I don't think leaving him as caretaker PM isn't a good idea, nor do a lot of MPs. For once, I'm finding I agree with some of what Demonic says. He thinks Johnson should be out this evening before there's carnage. He thinks the PM is playing for time until the autumn.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1544990924572430337|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2Flive%2F2022%2Fjul%2F07%2Fboris-johnson-latest-resignations-today-conservatives-uk-politics-livetop-of-blog