• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

I don't suppose the greased piglet cares, as long as he can stay in Downing Street. Sterling slid yesterday and it's thought it's unlikely to recover until he's gone.

Even though hardly anyone at home or abroad trusts him he's determined to cling on. His reputation when he eventually goes is going to be terrible.

WWW.BBC.COM

Investors flock to the safe haven dollar over concerns about the outlook for UK economic growth.

Illegitimi non carborundum

None of the pundits are speculating over how long Johnson might take to go, even though any other PM would have. Here are Martin Kettle's thoughts on it.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The prime minister’s sense of entitlement will mean he has to be dragged kicking and screaming from Downing Street, says Guardian columnist...

On 13/04/2022 at 16:42, tobyjugg2 said:

just to simplify the sunak not resigning for Johnson issue

1. Does anyone really think Johnson would resign if every single one of his ministers resigned? Some are already well in his pocket so there would be always be some remaining.

or would he just replace any who did and carry on regardless?

2. Does anyone think sunak stayed because of some (however twisted) sense honor or duty to the position or the government?

or because it was in his own interests (one or both of: his choice to complete some 'projects for his own or pals intterests, or forced via further leak threats or some such)?

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

It looks as if you could be right, UB. There seem to be eight or 10 cabinet ministers, I've lost track, waiting for him at No10 to tell Johnson to go.

This is what Peston thinks on Twitter.

Many in the cabinet has come to the view that the government “is not working” under Johnson. Several are now telling me they will tell him to go, in a few moments, they do not expect him to quit, so want a “process” to get him out. This is a full scale crisis

And the 1922 committee has decided not to change the rules but is having elections next week.

Including his new chancellor LOL

Also rumors that the existing 1922 committee has changed its rules .. perhaps due to an actual majority of letters of no confidence

.. all we need is a recall from his constituency seat for 3/3

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I think that at the very least, Brady is giving Johnson the same options he gave May

The Tory Legacy

Brady is often the one t o get the PM to go, there must be enough letters in. But you don't know with this PM/

It seems there are two groups of ministers, pro and anti-Johnson, being kept in separate parts of the building.

i dont think he'll go - he's started squealing about a mandate form the electorate - despite reneging on many of the promises he made to get that mandate, and lying about most of the rest. Priming trying to call a snap election.

I hear he fell asleep for a second and woke up saying: I was just having a terrible nightmare, and I asked somebody to pincher me ...

The Tory Legacy

I like the Moggies:

'Javid and Sunack haven't resigned because of the lies, but because they personally are no longer benefiting from them

The Tory Legacy

Appears Boris wants to be forced out, so he can say in the future he is not a quitter. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The new education secretary has resigned after two days. Makes you wonder why she accepted in the first place. So there are entire departments that have a secretary of state and no ministers.

The French are fascinated by this. It's the main article on the front page of Le Monde and BFM TV are discussing it endlessly. They can't believe there can be all these resignations with a PM who insists on staying. A view seems to be 'We might think we've got it bad, but look at them'.

• I agree 1

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Appears Boris wants to be forced out, so he can say in the future he is not a quitter. 

Horsepoop, he has no such positive character.

Hes just desperate to hang onto 'power' just like trump except without any 'credit' of his own to live the high life on once hes kicked out.

The Tory Legacy

Chris Mason at the Beeb is saying Johnson will resign today. Then he wants to stay on until the party conference when a new successor is appointed.

So is he going to keep to that or will he refuse to go when the time comes? I'm not sure I'd trust him.

On a lighter note, some wag on a comment forum said they should have put the gold wallpaper up with Velcro, lol.

He will plot, manipulate and renege to his uttermost.

Hes playing for time to do that - nothing more.

He cant fill the posts - even nobodies are refusing them.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

I agree. And it gives him time to further his scorched earth policy.

This is from the Guardian just now.

Boris Johnson spoke to Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the Conservative backbench 1922 Committee, and agreed to stand down, No 10 sources are saying. The decision was reportedly taken at about 8.30am.

ETA: he's trying to resign on his own terms - still controlling the dialogue?

I dont doubt for a second he's 'suggested' something that could be interpreted as that - or something else

.. but we know hes a corrupt liar with no morals or honor.

he needs to be in a position where he has absolutely no choice (and he will always expect to have an out by just doing whatever he likes) so undoubtedly deals are being agreed where he will escape investigations as a minimum

... and he will still be lying and cheating

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Rabb - LOL

Theres probably only wallace and tugenhat who arguably shouldn't be banned from office

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The right wing calling most of the shots desperately wouldnt want her

The Tory Legacy