Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Thought for the day.

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Yep

Mixed feelings on that HB:

Would it have been better called after the pending by-elections devastation for the Tories?

...  Clearly not for Johnson and crew as they know

Plus

Frosty talking crap again, so a Summary of Frosts real meaning

* The UK didn't hold any cards except Ireland, let alone 'all the cards'

* We had crap negotiators with even crappier guidance and limits (aka thick as mince + Frost)

* We hoped the EU wouldn't hold us to what we agreed because we didn't intend to honor what we agreed as we knew it was crap

* We think that Ireland of Ireland trade is a bad thing for the English populists and DUP and are hating seeing how effective it is - so throw a one liner like 'project fear' a 'does not exist' as they are effective dog whistles for the clueless sheep who support us.

Takeaway:

"the deal he negotiated while in Johnson’s government would have run smoothly only if it had never been fully applied by the EU"

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Former Brexit negotiator criticises Irish government’s focus on ‘all-island’ economy

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

20 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

large is 6 pints (LOL)

(for the Brexit ministers to keep them clueless eh)

Waitrose don't seem to do em - asda aldi tesco morrisons all do

eg

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255986260

Good to see you following in the traditions of the metric martyrs TJ, Nigel would be proud of you 😀

Now for discussion the views of the people of Redcar today, as told to the BBC......

Redcar, in North Yorkshire, is a constituency which after years of voting Labour, backed the Tories at the last general election. 

And it’s one of those places people will look at and wonder if the behaviour of Boris Johnson will see allegiances switch again. 

Don’t bet on it. Having spent a morning talking to voters, there were more people supportive of the prime minister than critical of him. 

There were certainly some people still angry about Partygate, and it will have lost the Conservatives votes.

But enough for them to lose a seat like this? Only an election will answer that question - but there are plenty of people in this town, far from Westminster, who think Tory MPs should back their leader tonight.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Interesting about Redcar. Time will tell.

Conservative Home have done a poll of party members and 55% of them think Johnson should go.

WWW.CONSERVATIVEHOME.COM

And 41 per cent say they shouldn't. We've had over a thousand replies in less than a day - the highest return yet this year.

Illegitimi non carborundum

What would happen if his own constituency recalled him?

(and how unlikely is that?)

The Tory Legacy

I guess it would be the same as any other MP who's recalled. I don't see the constituency party doing it though, they'd come under huge pressure from Tory central office.

My guess is he'll lurch on until the privileges committee reports months down the line and then find some way of not resigning if he's broken the rules.

• I agree 1

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

Interesting about Redcar. Time will tell.

Conservative Home have done a poll of party members and 55% of them think Johnson should go.

WWW.CONSERVATIVEHOME.COM

And 41 per cent say they shouldn't. We've had over a thousand replies in less than a day - the highest return yet this year.

I couldn't understand how so many still think he is fit for office, let alone why they ever thought it,

but having searched and asked around I perhaps have a slightly better understanding :

1. Seems many people thought he was different from 'the rest' and would bering change, but not in the way he actually is and has. and we know people dont like to admit they were wrong

2. Theres an element of better the devil you know as he has proven that false, and people are back to thinking nothing will ever change except for the worse

I still think the Tories are going to be trounced heavily at the next election, but Johnson doesn't give a crap about that or anything beyond himself surviving day to day. That won't change. I think he's actually turned out to be as big or bigger threat to our democracy than Corbyn.

The Tory Legacy

Thought of the day with @theoldrougein mind

Replying to
2016 "Project Fear!" shrieks the Express
2022 "OMG Why is this happening" Moans the Express.
Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

From the Guardian live feed just now.

'Sir Graham Brady, chair of the Conservative 1922 Committee, says 359 votes were cast. There were no spoilt ballots.

Confidence in Boris Johnson: 211

No confidence in Johnson: 148

That means more than 40% of Tory MPs voted against Johnson.'

yep, better than expected, I hoped for 180ish, but feared under 120

A good long nail in his coffin

Wonder if he'll be trying to force the deselection of those who voted against him.

Sky news talking total crap about Johnson struggling to pass his desires in Parliament - as if - they may vote against him but few will vote against his policies. We can hope though - those 148 could put him in a position of impotence if they did - put he's still not resign and would scream its all their fault.

The Tory Legacy

So the greased piglet survives to bumble on .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's not good, is it? Rory Stewart has just tweeted that if you take out the 'payroll vote', 75% of MPs voted against Johnson.

People are tweeting that whips offered to collect proxy votes, which MPs refused. Also that they wanted MPs to take a photo of their ballot to prove they backed the PM. Phones were then banned in the voting room.

I hope there isn't some kind of witch hunt after this.

Just now, brassnecked said:

So the greased piglet survives to bumble on .

I don't think he's going to have an easy time of it, BN.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

It's not good, is it? Rory Stewart has just tweeted that if you take out the 'payroll vote', 75% of MPs voted against Johnson.

People are tweeting that whips offered to collect proxy votes, which MPs refused. Also that they wanted MPs to take a photo of their ballot to prove they backed the PM.

defining points there HB

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

I think it will be a lot harder for Johnson to whip his corrupt votes like protecting sleezy pals

Be interesting to see what happens when Marcus makes his move ...bet Johnson will fold much quicker and try to claim it as 'he is listening and caring' .. yeah, listening and caring about his self-interest

The Tory Legacy

Wonder how this will affect the international law breaking plans of Johnson

Huge dividing point will likely again raise its head now Johnson threats effectiveness are likely diminished and the backbenchers look to their longer future

The Tory Legacy

So, does anyone doubt (despite any protocol) that Johnson would have immediately called a general election if he had lost 'to put his premiership to the british people' who 'voted him in' and pprobably dragged the Tory party to its worst result ever?

or that he still would if on the brink of being outsted?

The Tory Legacy

Good question but it's impossible to know the answer.

There have been mutterings on Twitter about the PM calling a general election out of spite, unless it's a threat to put fear in the hearts of Tory MPs. I wouldn't rule it out though.

perhaps impossible to KNOW, but I am quite certain that a GE is a threat Johnson has used, and that he actually would do even if he knew it would oust the Tory party just to put off himself being ousted for a couple of months

and after 18th century london Smogg stating even winning by one vote is good enough - for the record

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

He still lied, broke the law, showed total disrespect for others sacrifices. This vote changes nothing… and that is exactly the problem.
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

So, who thinks the Tories will await the two by-elections, and if they are trounced in both, do the same to Johnson as they did to May - have a vote to change the rules to allow another no-confidence vote...

... except this time  when offered an honorable out, Johnson of course wont step down as May did - he'll try the vote, and then if he loses that - call a GE.

If he goes down hes taking as many as he can with him.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I can easily see Johnson trying to do a Trump if he doesn't like the result.

The problem with having a rebellion that wasn't organised as such has been the vote being held before the by-elections. If it had been able to wait, I think more voters would have voted against the PM.

One or two of the papers think the rules could be rewritten to allow another challenge after about six months. That's around the timing when Theresa May had a second VONC after the current PM and his ERG mates spent months campaigning against her after the first vote. Ironic really, as Johnson will punish anyone he thinks is disloyal to him.