• Tweets

• Thank you Please explain your words "The optics would not be good". I'm very stressed and not thinking right, sorry.  T&C are here:  Attention Required! | Cloudflare WWW.CURRYS.CO.UK   Each instore trade-in gift card says to use it to buy sepecfic product and that you can't use it towards airtime, certain phones or accessories but it also works on anything else.    Here example of voucher  currys voucher.pdf PS. my friend rang customer services in front of me and his card was emptied by the same person that emptied mine. He got his vouchers from 2x different stores so instore theft by employee isn't valid in this case. 
    • My main argument is that they are in receipt (on balance of prob) of my SAR 2022 letter and my letter of claim.   Regardless of this they chose to insist that my emails in 2021 are what my claim is about by saying:"   ". The Claimant has presented a claim seeking damages for alleged breach of the Data Protection Act 2018, Section 45 (3), following a subject access request he made in 2021.   However, the email chain makes it clear that the Claimant seeks information in relation to a third party's personal injury claim against him"   I'm arguing that they're (alleged) confusion is unwarranted as my most recent communications make it clear that I am intending to claim for my newest request dated 2022...   it seems to me they are purposefully taking advantage of the fact that my particulars of claim does not mention the exact date of my DSAR referred to in my claim, to pretend to confuse my claim with my old DSAR in 2021. Although my new letters which are on their system are clear.   They have:   1. ignored my letter of claim and my DSAR 2022 sent by letter 2. viewed their system and see my new letter for DSAR 2022 and letter of claim, and view my old emails in 2021. 3. insist that my claim is about my old SAR in 2021 and without asking for any clarity (on which DSAR my claim refers to) if they required, immediately fire of an application to strike out and supposedly spend hours on these documents.   (Also, technically, they are claiming that in my older DSAR dated 2021 that they provided all the data relating to me, that is their claim. However there is no evidence of that. I presume only the ICO can confirm such by reviewing their files...)     is what I'm writing making any sense? Please can the experts assess my defence, and let me know whether I should just pay the £1k in case the costs increase if it goes to a hearing.   My claim is only for a very small amount of money but they're claiming £1k..    
    • To answer the question whether Currys has a case against you, someone will need to analyse the detailed terms of the offer, anything you signed etc.    This is not the shoplifting type of case that RLP pursues. If anything, Currys will pursue you, but I can't see this happening. You took advantage of a weakness in Currys' design of the particular promotion. The optics would not be good.    I have the impression that your friend's gift card details may have been used fraudulently. Perhaps he should investigate it further with Currys. I am not sure he is right if his attitude is that you just don't argue any more. 
    • Morning DX,   Crashed out last night!   I shall submit the following defence today and have added point number 6 as you advised regarding the year until which I was in deferment and never earning more than the threshold.     The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. Paragraph 1 & 2 are noted the Defendant has in the past had financial dealings with the original creditor - The Student Loans Company. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or debt nor do I recognise the agreement numbers the claimant refers to. The Defendant has sought verification from the Claimant by way of a section 77 request which as to this date has failed to comply and remains in default.   2. Paragraph 3 & 4 are denied. I am not aware of any service of a Default Notice pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit Act 1974 by the claimant nor the original creditor, nor of any legal assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 section 136 (1).   3. It is not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and   b) show how the Defendant’s alleged debt has reached the amount claimed for; and   c) show the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice and subsequent Notice of Sums in Arrears in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974; and   d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.   4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant proves the allegation that the money is owed.   5. On the alternative, as the Claimant claims to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.   6.  The defendant was in continued deferment until 2020 and has never earned over the threshold.   7. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief
    • Pressure on consumer finances is set to increase over the rest of the year, the supermarket saysView the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson Prime Minister

Just now, honeybee13 said:

I'm not sure about that. I thought the time to argue was by defending the FPN.

Yes, but a number haven't paid - its the paying that effectively admits guilt

As he waded through the empty bottles and platters of sandwiches pouring out more drinks

he didn’t realise it was a party

"Moral emptiness"  "unrepentant and inveterate liar"

Boris Johnson Mendex est

“The failure of the cheerleaders of Brexit to acknowledge the consequences of Brexit as due to Brexit remains remarkable.” - David Schneider

In case anyone is interested, this is from Change.org about the selling off of Channel4. I think their news journos and as other people onliine have mentioned, to me it sounds personal because they try to hold ministers to account.

WWW.CHANGE.ORG

When Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries is asked by the Digital, Culture, Media & Sport Committee why she won't go on Channel 4 News to answer...

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

6 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I should know but what happens if you don't pay an FPN?

Despite their criticality to the nation if not Johnson, they are rather like parking tickets or chucking litter on a street. Effectively the FPN is still an 'accusation' which can be contested, although the police will say they gave everyone an opportunity ... those in receipt of FPNs could say they aren't experts, and were effectively following orders.

Point:

There were undefined excuses built into the law, and lets not forget Johnson 'the corrupt liar' is very willing to lie .. in fact i see little evidence he ever does anything else except in jokes or by accident.

Of course Most of the junior civil servants would not be able to call on QC's, let alone undoubtedly not at their own expense ...

As he waded through the empty bottles and platters of sandwiches pouring out more drinks

Boris Johnson Mendex est

“The failure of the cheerleaders of Brexit to acknowledge the consequences of Brexit as due to Brexit remains remarkable.” - David Schneider

Could Tories be thinking that after next election, they might need to have DUP MP's to keep them in Government ?

Current polling suggests a hung Parliament.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

But Tories in Government are quite capable of channeling money to Unionist area projects in return for DUP support on key legislation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

6 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Current polling suggests a hung Parliament.

LOL with the Tories with most seats LOL LOL LOL

in the mail/Brex-press and Truss' twitter feed perhaps

All the polls I see show labour with 70+ seats over the Tories - down from around 120 a few weeks ago, although god knows why its gone down.

Add the 50 ish SNP seats while they are part of the union .. and i cant see the Libs pairing up with the cons again any time soon  ..

Australia's got rid of the conservatives too

Boris Johnson Mendex est

It's always worth reading Tony Connelly's thoughts on EU matters. The article is quite long but well put together. This stands out for me:-

The question is whether Boris Johnson will oblige and force a complete breakdown in relations with the EU, including a potential trade war.

To keep the DUP and European Research Group (ERG) on board, the answer has to be he will.

WWW.RTE.IE

Having laid down the gauntlet in the House of Commons on Tuesday, the British government has challenged the European Union to renegotiate the...

Joint US-EU statement reads ‘We agree that renegotiating the protocol is not an option’

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Joint US-EU statement reads ‘We agree that renegotiating the protocol is not an option’

Boris Johnson Mendex est

So Johnson did ask for a meeting with Sue Gray, despite all the denials over the weekend, but No10 don't want to publish notes of it. I think the latest was it was a 'private meeting' and details don't need to be published. Some commentators still think this could have been a meeting to try and get Sue Gray to water down the report, although friends of SG are quoted as saying she's not in the mood to do this.

And in other news, Demonic has been tweeting and thinks disgruntled junior staffers, who were fined when senior people at the same parties weren't, are about to publish photos.

It could be an interesting week. It's still not clear that the report will be out tomorrow or Wednesday though.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

And in other news, Demonic has been tweeting and thinks disgruntled junior staffers, who were fined when senior people at the same parties weren't, are about to publish photos.

It could be an interesting week. It's still not clear that the report will be out tomorrow or Wednesday though.

How could that possibly be after the 'extensive' Met investigation  ....

(sic)

lets hope the ITV report pics are the first of many

In other news the conPERVative partys' members are at it again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-jonty-campbell-tweet-probe-b2085042.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Quite, TJ.

If the photos keep coming, they could raise a lot of questions about the Met letting off senior people who attended the same bashes as the ones who were fined. There seem to be quite a few naffed off junior officials looking for answers or revenge.

too true

One of the excuses 'posited for Johnson the Liar is that as Johnson 'lives' at no 10 - so he had an excuse to be there ..

a) He lives in the flat .. where he held at least one party

b) tell that to all the people who had a couple of visitors to their home furing the same period and got a 100 quid fine along with the 'non-residents'

Corrupt Politicians, corrupt Met

Boris Johnson Mendex est

I wonder what's going to come out today?

The Times is saying that Johnson held the meeting with Sue Gray to say there was no point publishing the report as the information is 'all out there'. HMG wants to move on and you can absolutely see why, but it seems to me that the public are just as angry as they were when this first came to light and I think more photos could be very damaging to Johnson's reputation and even the Tories.

Has he kept Simon Case as a human shield to be discarded once the report comes out?

French TV featured this earlier and are wondering just how long a PM in this situation can hang on when it looks so bad.

Posted (edited)

Bet he did - and will deny it, as he already has via proxies as always so he can claim I didn't say such a thing - because he instructed someone else to .. Johnson thje Liars Implausible deniability

That should also be in the report if it is to be anything like complete and honest

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est

22 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

A lot of people are baffled, me included. How can a 'work interview' go on with Abba blaring out? I don't believe that one.

I find it always increases my productivity with Abba blaring out 😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

This is what should be blaring out to them every time they show their faces

• Like 1

Boris Johnson Mendex est

Posted (edited)

It’s truly inspirational to think their £460,000 “Partygate” performance piece has not yet reached its final form. That will come as early as today, when a number of the officers tasked with not spotting Boris Johnson in a series of piss-up photos get signed off with stress.

Only when they’ve been on the sick for two years, then retired with a full pension but also returned to a high-paying station desk job, will Partygate have attained the British establishment gold standard.

- Marina Hyde

Edited by tobyjugg2

Boris Johnson Mendex est