• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

LOL

Waiting for Johnson to lie some more and tangle himself in his own pooop

Puts popcorn on

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

23 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

It would be a travesty if someone junior goes. Some are saying that it could be Martin Reynolds because he wants to move back to the Foreign Office and be an ambassador again.

Off back to Libya for some peace and rest .. and a more honest work environment

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Wanted: New housemate for Westminster based feline. Recently decorated house includes excellent security, lightly used office space and large garden, suitable for hosting parties.

Police face questions over how officers guarding Downing Street missed party

"Baroness Jones to write to Scotland Yard demanding explanation and questioning whether officers ‘aided breach of law’"

A female voice allegedly overheard at the Met saying: - file the request in the 'sit on this until I'm dead' file alongside the allegations of institutional corruption.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

8 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Sue grays boss of course is party animal ....... Simon 'I'll investigate and whitewash the parties we attended' Case

and his boss is party animal .... Boris 'the Corrupt Liar' Johnson

worth a peruse

WWW.CIVILSERVICEWORLD.COM

"If the purpose of the partygate inquiry is to reassure us, then we’re being asked to accept a string of foolish choices," a former civil servant writes

answers in red

The Tory Legacy

Tweet from Caitlan Moran

"Poor f**king Sue Grey. With Johnson still refusing to admit that he knew it was a party, her job is, essentially, to look in Boris’s pants, and work out if he knows he’s shat himself - or if he genuinely thinks his own trousers are a toilet."

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't have a good feeling about the Sue Gray report after the non-apology yesterday and Johnson making a rare visit to the MPs' tearoom to say they/he didn't deserve to be in trouble for this.

As I understand it, Sue Grey reports to Simon Case who reports to the PM?

WWW.INSTITUTEFORGOVERNMENT.ORG.UK

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

There's a very simple test which should be applied to Downing Street drinks - if any other workplace had held such an after work party, would that have been deemed ok?  I mean, let's take the example of a food factory or postal workers or bus drivers - you know, the really useful people who could have done with a break.

• I agree 1

+ given her ineffectiveness + even that ignored in the Greensil affair

Shes a 'power' in whitehall (as claimed) when she's saying what her bosses want

- NOT otherwise

.. Like Johnson is really clever (as claimed)  when compared to a mollusc

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

One of his nondescript ministers was briefing that on TV from the podeum around the time the party was being held

... clearly Johnson couldn't brief at the podium ... as he was at the party

Makes you wonder where the other senior podium regulars were eh? ...

The Tory Legacy

Speaking of podium regulars, Jonathan Van Tam has resigned. Surely no connection with parties at no10?

WWW.THE-SUN.COM

SIR Jonathan Van Tam has QUIT as deputy chief medical officer at an awkward time for Boris Johnson.Allies say his departure is long-planned...

probably told when Johnson was hoping for an early election - if he waited until after Christmas to quit he'd get a knighthood ...

.. and Tam's refused to change that agreement

The Tory Legacy

back to sue gray

- I have no sympathy, her career is hardly based on propriety and ethicslet alone morals and personal honour is it?

She now has the choice of:

Whitewash: There is no evidence I've seen (I haven't looked and my assistant blocked any being delivered to me) that the PM knew these aides were arranging that despite the PM turning up at 6PM sharp with Carry and some gin ..

Mild Whitewash: I have been unable to get anything as no-ones talking to me. So I can only asses based on that and claim I've found nothing.

Honesty: Johnson is a lying corrupt POS. Heres the email as sent out, all the invitees, a list of who attended, and it was either Johnsons arrangement or he OK's it in clear breach of the spirit and letter of the law .. repeatedly.

No 3 would end her career as Johnson and case may be her immediate basses at the moment - but she's part of the problem, not the solution. Just like Cress.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Enhanced:

back to sue gray

- I have no sympathy, her career is hardly based on propriety and ethics let alone morals and personal honour is it?

She now has the choice of:

Whitewash: There is no evidence I've seen (I haven't looked and my assistant blocked any being delivered to me) that the PM knew anything whatsoever about these aides arranging such a business meeting,

and the PM was totally unaware of the email inviting people to attend from 6PM and to bring a bottle

... and that the PM turning up at 6PM sharp with Carry and some gin was pure coincidence.

Mild Whitewash: I have been unable to get anything as no-ones talking to me. So I can only ass-ess based on that and claim I've found nothing.

Honesty: Johnson is a lying corrupt POS. Heres the email as sent out, all the invitees, a list of who attended, and it was either Johnsons arrangement or he OK's it in clear breach of the spirit and letter of the law .. repeatedly.

The detail of the rest of the breaches to come shortly

No 3 would end her career as Johnson and case may be her immediate bosses at the moment

- but she's part of the problem, not the solution and many of the others will remain in power.

- Just like Cress.

Sue Grays' Grey morals? :

"Pages 53 to 55 of the Greensill report from July 2021 show how determinedly the then-cabinet secretary (the late Jeremy Heywood) wanted Lex Greensill to get a CBE. The report quotes Sue Gray as writing: "I’ve told [an official in the Honours and Appointments Secretariat] that Lex must remain an OBE and while we can put him forward for a CBE, it will be outrageous if he gets one."

Greensill got his CBE four months later. "

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

INEWS.CO.UK

The Government is continuing to remain silent on the latest party allegations, and failed to put a minister on the morning media round today

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Boris 'The Corrupt Liar' Johnson has cancelled a visit to a vaccination center, reportedly because of an anonymous family member being reported as positive (that Boris is a liar?) and he should minimise contact with people with awkward questions per the rules,

and nothing to do with actually avoiding awkward questions, or as a shallow,  transparent attempt to appear as if he gives a crap about people or rules, especially his own.

Its unclear whether the relative is his father, believed by some to have been incommunicado in the warmer climes of Europe for some considerable time having traveled via a red list avoiding route,

or his second cousin 3 times removed who has resided their whole life in America never having left Texas.

Allegations that its Princess nut nut and she caught Covid and cold sores at the business party having been involved in a 'who can Chug most from a shared Gin bottle' contest are currently nothing but unconfirmed rumor.

Its further reported that a minister has stated that he is certain that Boris is sincere in his claim that he has broken no rules

- apparently as the minister is genuinely convinced that Boris is utterly assured in his belief rules only apply to others.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/13/boris-johnson-cancels-visit-to-vaccine-centre-as-relative-tests-positive-for-covid

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

An unidentified spokesperson, when asked if The patron of lies, corruption and plagues had perhaps deliberately infected a soon to be inconveniently expensive accoutrement, hoping any fatality would be lost among the statistics of the many many thousands of others who died due to his ‘policies and practices’

The spokesperson retorted:

‘Don’t be daft, he was (and still is) sure of his untouchability protecting him from any criminality or misconduct charges and all the money would still come rolling in from his VIPals paying for whatever extravagance she may want.

The spokesperson then added:

that he just wanted rid is perhaps another matter, but anyway his febrile forward planning skills would make the issue unlikely despite it being a simple matter of getting her swigging from a gin bottle with someone with Omicron ... unless maybe he's still pen paling demonic ... or dug out some of the plans he left behind

.. or maybe he had a flashback to the Shakespeare studies he paid little attention to?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Here are Stephen Reicher's thoughts on the PM's non-apology yesterday. Damning stuff.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

His statement about the No 10 lockdown party implies that it’s our fault for not understanding the rules, says behavioural scientist Stephen Reicher

• I agree 1

Even uses covid infection as an convenience ..

Apparently westminster tories expecting Johnson to be cleared of wrongdoing .... again

The Tory Legacy

In a way I can understand the Mets stance given that the UK Government has already publicly stated utter cr ... err mixed messaging about what is and isnt intended under the laws they have passed ..

eg

Is it OK to travel travel across the country while infected to an abode of your choosing, and/or travel 60 miles to test your eyesight in a lockdown - apparently yes

Can you travel from home to home in a lockdown - apparently yes if you are rich enough to have multiple homes and a minister or a spad in a position of power

Can you have drunken 'business meetings' where any business discussed (if any) is in a passing - apparently yes according to Johnson

That our 'democracy' is in a position to be abused and misused (IMO) with convicts holding the keys as it were ... is not strictly an issue for the Met - corrupt or not itself. In fact especially not if it is also corrupt.

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Even uses covid infection as an convenience ..

Have to say that one provoked an extreme reaction in me.  Making out he was some sort of hero because he 'had covid' when he obviously caught it through reckless behaviour.  He and any employees who sought NHS treatment for covid should be sent the bill.

• I agree 2

I truly believe that if it hadn't been a convenient excuse for Boris the Corrupt to avoid questions and hope everything blows over, we'd never have heard anything of any (alleged) infection whether anyone is infected or not

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy