• Tweets

• Hi all. Apologies for the delay. I was writing the timeline out, taking a while as I was checking everything against emails etc… then suddenly today the parcel started tracking again and appears to be magically found and back enroute.    I’ll post up the tracking info screenshots in a sec which kinda summarises the timeline - during the multiple “Enquiry Raised” events there was a lot of emails (most of which were ignored by Evri) before they finally admitted it was lost. And yet now it is back enroute. Utterly unbelievable 🤦🏻‍♂️ So no letter before claim has been drafted just yet…
    • You can SAR them again, to check.   If: a) they dealt with it as a complaint, b) stated that their response was a final response, c) noted that you could escalate it to FOS (and had 6 months in which to do so), and d) Didn’t say “we will waive our right to have to grant permission after 6 months”  Them : you can still take it to FOS but FOS would have to obtain their permission to review it outside of the 6 months (and that seems unlikely)  https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/businesses/resolving-complaint/before-get-involved#:~:text=These time limits are%3A,they had cause to complain)  
    • I just checked the last email from them that I printed out.  It was directing me to a link to files as part of a data SAR (which I never called my request; they did). The email says the link would expire in 3 months.  Now my computer crashed later in 19.  I lost a lot of info. I need to check storage for old hard-drives to see if I downloaded and saved whatever info was in the link.   I have 1 other printed out email from my friend who was a broker. It was dated apx 6w after my first email to broker.  Friend was telling me what to include in a letter to compliance dept.  I don't have a printed copy of my letter - so can't remember if was entitled formal complaint - or their reply.   Will check storage later.  If I have anything useful I will post
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

and regarding the Johnson I'll Party while you lockdown ... and you better not vist your grandma

The BBC has spoken to someone who attended the party at Downing Street on 18 December reported by the Daily Mirror this morning. (See 9.30am.) According to the BBC, the source said “several dozen” people were there, food and drink were laid on, people played party games and the event went on until past midnight.

Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak)

After @PippaCrerar and @danbloom1 scoop this morning, we're told by an attendee of drinks in No 10 on Dec 18th that there were 'several dozen' people there, with food, drink and games which went on past midnight... https://t.co/42taDI3SKu - No 10's said all rules were followed

- Which is a very carefully worded response from Kuenssberg ... given the rumors (unconfirmed - but also un-denied) that both her (Kuenssberg) and Peston were there ...
... Perhaps it was one of the other lockdown parties they attended

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

No 10 is looking at a “fresh war” with judges to let ministers “throw out any legal rulings they do not like”, according to The Times this morning. The newspaper claims Boris Johnson is keen to prevent the courts from overruling ministers through judicial reviews. One option is said to be an ‘Interpretation Bill’ to strike down findings the government is not too keen on.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Very worrying, TJ. They don't seem to want any kind of scrutiny.

Meanwhile, the latest wheeze is to withdraw passports and driving licences from 'middle class' users of type A drugs. Interesting, because Lindsay Hoyle wants to have sniffer dogs in the House - to try to counter drug use.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘I expect to see full and effective enforcement of the law’: Stern warning to parliament’s drug-users

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

yes, Johnsons wants to make his unlawful acts 'lawful' if he says so. Just like Trump and Erdogan

"Sir Lindsay’s move comes after The Sunday Times reported that an investigation found evidence of cocaine in 11 out of 12 locations tested in the building."

Corrupt to its core this 'Tory **** government.

The Tory Legacy

and regarding Politicians having second third and fourth jobs at immense hourly rates - jobs? lobbying/Promotion rackets?

- lets call them what they really are (IMO) protection rackets

It seems that in a number of cases, the MP contacts the companies offering their services ...

How do we think that goes?

'hello I'm an MP I can advise you as long as it doesn't compromise my position and responsibilities s an MP"

or

"hello, me and my mates are on the commitees that regulate you industry, want to give me loads of money for a couple of hours a month ....

Sounds like a protection racket in all but name to me

So, Despite some (a few) MPs doing valuable charitable work in addition to their duties as an MP ..

Lets keep it simple:

If an MP isnt giving 100%, undiluted, to the constituents that voted them in and for which duties they are being handsomely paid

- they should voluntarily and immediately pi** off or be sacked.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So how is Johnson going to get out of the No 10 party debacle now? Surely he can't keep denying it now the Allegra Stratton video that was leaked to ITV News is all over Twitter.

Someone has said that the 2019 intake who were already annoyed about trying to dig Owen Paterson out of his mess, on government orders, are much more angry this time about being sent out to lie.

A lot of other people are very angry that they abided by the rules las Christmas, didn't see family and weren't able to be with their loved ones in their last moments. Most people think the government are just laughing at us, everyone else followed the rules and we didn't.

• I agree 1

It wasn't a party, it was a well done meeting where people brought Cheese and wine and games were held and no one was there who wasn't there.

That not a party.

A party is where beer is drunk and crisps are ate, by plebs, and the plebs talk about it openly. apart from people who shouldn't have been there ... err

The Tory Legacy

I suppose it was worth a try, but I don't think many people are convinced. I don't think he even got his story straight about there being a party, but in any case it's someone else's fault and some staff could end up carrying the can. Referring it to the Cabinet Office could buy a bit of time but I don't see the public forgetting about this.

He's also refusing to investigate alleged parties in November in no 10, including one that Dominic Cummings has said was in the PM's flat, the Cab Office is only looking at 18th December.

Meanwhile, Pippa Crerar at the Mirror has asked anyone who was there to contact her in full anonymity.

“The rule of law is a fundamental value, the glue that hold us together as a nation. Once that is trashed by those in power the very essence of our democracy is at stake.”

"Every minister, parliamentarian and staffer at the Downing Street party must resign NOW. No ifs no buts”

- Conservative Baroness Warsi

While populist Rees-Mogg jokes about it while calling for 'Singapore-on-Thames and a trashing regulations

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The cabinet minister joked about potential police investigations to crowd at think thank

While Johnson and Crew panic

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Government ministers backed out of a round of morning interviews today hours after a clip appeared to capture No10 special advisers joking about...

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

On 03/11/2021 at 18:09, tobyjugg2 said:

Just when you think they have plumbed the depths of cronysim and self serving, they show you that there is a whole new floor below that

Again and again and again

The Tory Legacy

yep

Allegra Stratton resigns

Allegra Stratton, the prime minister’s former spokesperson, has resigned. Giving a patently sincere apology outside her home, in contrast to Boris Johnson’s non-apology in the Commons earlier, she did the honourable thing after the leak of the video from a year ago showing No 10 staff joking about holding a Christmas party. 

Her resignation does further confirm that it – “the event or non-event”, as Johnson called it – happened.  This won’t be the end of the story. I wrote about Johnson’s poor performance at Prime Minister’s Questions (see below), saying that he will continue to be asked about that and other parties until he comes up with a credible account of what happened. 

The public outrage is not going to force him from office, but “one rule for us and another rule for them” is a theme now firmly established in the public mind, as Andrew Grice wrote even before PMQs.

- Independent breaking news

and Johnson the cred-less announcing more restrictions - unless you are one of his mates that is

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

A comprehensive summary so far

The Tory Legacy

More:

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

How The Mirror and ITV News uncovered the political story of the year.

The Tory Legacy

The Conservative party has been fined £17,800 over a donation to the Downing Street refurb.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/politics/conservative-party-hit-with-17-800-fine-over-pm-flat-refurb/

And it's being said that he may have lied to Lord Geidt the ethics tsar about when he knew where the money was coming from.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-accused-lying-probe-25655522

No wonder he wants to make the Electoral Commission less powerful. Also, this could be a further incentive for MPs and ministers to use 'exploding' WhatsApps, so there's no record of what's been said.

• Like 1

yes, Geidt apparently based his 'unwise but no fault' on Johnson the liars word that he didnt do anything wrong, and din't know where the funding was coming from - he (well nut nut) was just spending it

Seems Johnsons choice - Geidt must have neglected to actually properly question anyone else and just took Johnson the liars word!!

.. incompetence or deliberated decision? .... who knows?

99% of the UK's prisoner population are now screaming - I told the judge I didn't do it - why am I in Jail?

The Tory Legacy

I see that Johnson now needs the support of Labour to implement his overdue AND likely full of holes and inconsistencies 'Plan b due to rebellion by Con refusniks

If i were labour I wouldn't despite extra measure being needed.

I would whip abstensions due to

* not being involved i the decision making

* Not trusting the implementation would not make matters worse while allowing ministers and pals to do whatever they want

and that the burden of responsibility for governing should be on the governing party who have demonstrated they are more than happy force through protections for their corrupt pals

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Johnson will claim any credit and blame anyone else for failures anyway .. whether justified or not

Back to No10 parties, where are we so far? Parties/farewell/leaving do's etc by Johnson his ministers and spads in N10 + No11

.. while the rest of us were locked down and couldn't even visit our grans or chat to them from 2 meters away over a gate

Just so far:

13th Nov Cummings leaving 'Victory Party'

27th Nov

8th Dec

10th Dec

18th Dec

No doubt more to come

ah just searched

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

As reports come in of more events that took place last Christmas, this is what is claimed to have happened, and where

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Good Law Project says if the Met Police won't investigate Partygate, they will take it to court.

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

In the very building where the rules were being made, they were being broken. No 10 advisors were reportedly having parties. Those closest to Boris...

• I agree 1

Boris Johnson maintains 'full confidence' in the people who were practicing lying and covering up for him and who also consider; like him; that they make the rules for others, not for themselves

.. well until its convenient to throw them under a bus to deflect blame from himself that is ...

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

PM has ‘full confidence’ in Jack Doyle, who will remain in his post, says spokesman

The Tory Legacy

Those stances by Johnson supporting those who break laws define more than anything his utter contempt for the UK public

Jenrick over ruling local councils to save millionaire pals millions - and wandering from estate to estate while the rest of us were locked down - supported by Johnson the corrupt liar

Cummings breaking lockdown rules and claims he was testing eyesight - Supported by Johnson the corrupt liar

Multiple parties and MPs without masks - while the rest of us were 'under orders' to stay isolated

Paterson using his position to promote his real employers - not only supported, but support whipped by Johnson the corrupt liar

Peerages and honors to Pals and Family ...

The list really does seem endless

Johnson has been a corrupt lying incompetent from day 1 and he'll die one.

Its a disgrace to our nation that he is an MP let alone PM.

Why Londoners voted for a lying buffoon to represent them I'll never know.

The Tory Legacy