Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

In referendum campaigns they should have to submit information to a checking panel. before they can issue such campaigning material. e.g. like advertising standards

In 2016, those claims appeared fantasy then and anything negative said about the claims was immediately branded as 'project fear'.

The referendum was very unfair, as I don't think people had really good balanced information to base their decisions on.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

another from the ongoing project liar, from more recently

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Well, this is awkward: The Tories and their bombastic boasts have come back to haunt them, following the weekend's disruption in Dover.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

UB, I agree about the referendum.

I think the question was badly framed, I think people like Cameron were so over-confident that Remain would win that they didn't really try to campaign seriously and there was a lot of false information. And Russian and big money involvement has never been properly investigated.

Illegitimi non carborundum

10 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

@theoldrouge

and just in case you still refuse to see even after the rational explanation of @Ethel Street, (or simply didn't bother reading all the 'words')

take the word of an apparent rabid, single minded, fracking supporting, EU hating brexhiters' soundbites:

But of course being free to opt out and actually doing so is two different things 

The EU states obviously had to obey the wishes of their super unelected, unaccountable negotiator Goddess Ursula who wanted a “European Health Union”

Same reasoning with weapons to Ukraine 

Send a few helmets and a bucket load of appeasement, but don’t send anything useful till I say so

Brexit positive I would say

Moving on , just curious, you are very keen on labelling populism and populist policies

Just out of interest please name one MP

in the UK who represents a Populist Party

Then contrast this with the EU

Madame Marine for dinner anyone?🤣

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hungary opted out of the vaccine procurement programme.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Hungary is the only European Union country that has decided to opt out of a new vaccine deal the bloc has signed with Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech...

So if Ursula von der Leyen is a super unelected, unaccountable negotiator, what does that make David Frost?

• Thanks 1

Travelling across the channel by ferry or via the tunnel is about to get a lot more difficult.

WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

Travellers have suffered through long delays on the M20 heading into the port. But even more red tape is on the way

14 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

But of course being free to opt out and actually doing so is two different things 

In what way? By definition you are free to choose whatever/whichever way you decide. Thats the definition.

For example: You are free to jump off a cliff - go for it. But if you drag drag others with you - then they have no choice.

Its called making a decision based on the facts of the situation and the best interests of the nation,

.. rather than lying to everyone and then telling them they have made their choice

- something Brexhiters clearly don't wish to understand.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Gordon Brown is taking more of an interest in fuel poverty problems than the government.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Thirty-five million people in 13.5m households are under threat of fuel poverty in October - that’s an unprecedented 49.6% of the United Kingdom.

Wasn’t this the same Gordon Brown who gave away the countries gold reserves,

gave pensioners a 75p a week increase and left the country nearly bankrupted in his exit?

You are all moaning that Johnson and co implement no new policies prior to the installation of the new PM, so the criticism won’t wash until the new PM takes up her post in September 

I don't think I've moaned about no new policies and I don't agree with quite a few of them.

Calling Cobra meetings isn't policy but there's a crisis heading towards us, so why not have discussions with experts on what can be done?

But you don’t want him to do anything 

I think I already said I don't think leaving him as caretaker PM isn't a good idea, nor do a lot of MPs. For once, I'm finding I agree with some of what Demonic says. He thinks Johnson should be out this evening before there's carnage. He thinks the PM is playing for time until the autumn.”

As for cobra it’s going to be warm this week so why not have a meeting about that . I think we have had more than enough Cobra meetings this year 

Yes, I think Bozo should have gone immediately and left a caretaker PM in charge, or the cabinet collectively if that's allowed.

All he seems to have done is have trips in jet fighters, parties and holidays since he 'resigned'. Someone should be attending to the country and I don't know who it is.

Even Trevor Kavanagh in the Sun thinks HMG has got it wrong.

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

WHILE the Stupid Party is busy rearranging the deckchairs, SS Great Britain is steaming headlong towards the biggest crash since the Great Depression

Of course the article is being argued from a different perspective 

The general consensus seems to be developing that none of the lockdowns should ever have happened and the money printing that they caused is now the majority of the reason for the current difficulties 

It is also arguing in effect that Boris should never have been removed 

So regrettably I don’t think that you can have it both ways 

You wanted Boris out and not to interfere in government until he left

I suspect the majority on here were overwhelmingly in favour of lockdowns.

That wish has been granted, so wait until a new PM is installed and see what they propose

In the meantime why listen to a man with Browns record whilst in office?.

Agree with Trevor Kavanagh, that the UK cannot afford a Government that is totally split and unable to take the decisive action required.

Government should act on energy price rises by directly providing additional money to help reduce bills.  The £400 announced so far would not be enough.   Reduce the VAT on domestic energy to 0%.

Universal Credit and other benefits need to be increased back to the level provided during Covid as a minimum.

Fuel duties should be cut.

Offer incentives to use public transport by paying subsidies to bus and rail operators that they need to pass on, to reduce fares. 

Urgent action required,  Cannot wait until September for emergency budget.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

18 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

You wanted Boris out and not to interfere in government until he left

Again, I wanted him to go immediately.

Sadly convention doesn’t work like that in the UK

On 08/08/2022 at 13:25, theoldrouge said:

Wasn’t this the same Gordon Brown who gave away the countries gold reserves,

gave pensioners a 75p a week increase and left the country nearly bankrupted in his exit?

You are all moaning that Johnson and co implement no new policies prior to the installation of the new PM, so the criticism won’t wash until the new PM takes up her post in September 

I'm stating that Johnson practices and policies since day one have

* Undermined UK democracy

* Undermined the rule of law as separate from Government

* Undermined the UK's standing in the world

* Squandered billions in taxpayer money in enriching Tory doners

# Five words that have undermined British democracy, our standing in the world and rule of decent law in our country

Brexit, Johnson, Murdoch, Patel, Braverman

# Five words that have undermined trust and honesty

'We've had enough of experts'

and Johnson should NOT be allowed to create any more Lords

and we're still waiting for you to define some actual benefits of Brexit, and your opinion on the UK trade deal with India especially all those Indian visas ... @theoldrouge

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Five words “we’ve had enough of experts” Absolutely 

One more for you to contemplate 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-11093169/amp/Anti-Boris-Johnson-jury-consider-verdict-guilty.html

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Three former members of staff say PM did not give proper account to Commons – as one claims he ‘knew what was going on’

The Tory Legacy

It's a committee, not a court, TOR. What's your problem with it when four out of seven members are Tories?

Bernard Jenkin has never struck me as radical and this is what he thinks. I do wonder if this new campaign against the committee is connected with the article TJ posted about staff members giving evidence in confidence.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Bernard Jenkin insists investigation will continue despite complaints from prime minister’s allies

• I agree 1

Well I take it back about Johnson not doing anything. Apparently he's planning to do a 'farewell tour' to say goodbye to other government leaders but not much seems to have been confirmed so far. Biden's playing hard to get, the Polish PM isn't sure he has time to meet and it's not clear if he'll speak to Macron this week.

There's always Zelenski, I suppose.

Anything to try to stay in the limelight.

Opinion from George Monbiot on the current situation.

Has anyone read Britannia Unchained? It sounds pretty radical.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Inflation, energy bills and stagnant wages could mean destitution for millions. But Conservative ideology forbids offering answers, says Guardian...