Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

The government should be doing more about that, TJ.

In France, the government is restricting price rises and now they're talking about re-nationalising EdF.

Moving on; it seems that Johnson's dealings with the Lebedevs is becoming higher profile.

WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

Another scandal over Boris Johnson's Premiership is simmering and threatens to boil over. And this time it's a matter of national security.

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I note that Sunacks leadership bid is based on him rebuilding the Uk economy ... that was destroyed while he was chancellor ..

They really do think that the UK voters are stupid don't they ..

.. oops of course they are selling to the Tory party at the moment though ...

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Interesting that all these 'ministers who are resigning for political ends and who are being put in place just to tide out Johnson will get huge wodges of taxpayer money severance pay for 10 minutes work

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

“Now Conservative infighting and sheer incompetence has cost the taxpayer yet more money during this cost-of-living crisis."

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Baker has dropped out and is backing braverman - says it all really

He needs to be the 2nd (if not the first) one kicked out by the voters

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I'll just leave this here.

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

After the tumultuous events of Thursday, yesterday was bound to be a bit of an anti-climax, as indeed it was. Even the assassination of a former...

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think the £3,675 drinks trolley should be loaded with tipped over empty bolli bottles and half eaten cake, and be donated to madame Tussauds to sit alongside the other johnson dummy as at least a somewhat fitting legacy statement for all to see - forever.

Lets have a whip around, crowd funding would probably meet the cost a thousand times over

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The wallpaper and drinks trolley are an egregious piece of lording it over us, Look what I can have cries Princes Nutnut aka Carrie Antoinette.  ell I would love to see a Marstons Bailiff turf them out (in my dreams).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It falls down by itself doesn't it?

The Tory Legacy

Not only is it hideous, we will pick up the tab as taxpayer's to rip that wallpaper down and redecorate for next residents if its too garish and tasteless for them.  Reminds me of something Hyacinth Bucket might lilke..

New education minister showing the quality of Johnsons latest (and all) choices

The Tory Legacy

Wallace has said hes not running, hence leaving it largely to the scummiest

Cant blame him its going to be messy. I wouldn't want to put my family through it.

Absolutely no doubts now - we need a general election.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"A spokesperson for Boris Johnson said reports that he is planning to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday in order to run again for Tory leader are completely untrue."

.. as everyone knows he isnt going to stand down at all.

- interestingly a poll of Conservative party members apparently had majority support for Johnson - but he have to get past the parliamentary stages to the last 2 - unlikely

"It is clearly now the will of the parliamentary Conservative Party that there should be a new leader of that party and therefore a new prime minister.

And I’ve agreed with Sir Graham Brady, the chairman of our backbench MPs, that the process of choosing that new leader should begin now and the timetable will be announced next week.

And I’ve today appointed a Cabinet to serve, as I will, until a new leader is in place."

... and how can that happen if I'm still here?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

image.png.63fbb791077b373e71e0f3fc69810b5c.pngThoughts TJ

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

Thoughts TJ

I'm now more than ever convinced you are trying to wind me up, I wouldn't be surprised if you were in collusion with Unc + SD

- Now theres a conspiracy theory

but hey ho what the heck:

Johnson would do or say anything if he thought it was in his slightest interest

Farage the same

Farage and Tice were useful to the Baker ERG hard brexit crew (which are a large part of the actual deposing of Johnson) but I think they would be considered more of a liability now - like Johnson

But by and large, I think you and Unc read the Express 'make a headline to create reality' far to much ... although some of them do work.

You should be briefly perusing those headlines 'to know your enemy'

There is absolutely no doubt that the hard brexit erg/reform types want and always have wanted a bonfire of regulations

- Hire/fire who how they like, pay as little as they like and just chuck their doodoo into the rivers

. and that largely looks who we will be getting to replace johnson

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just a point,

The current 'not Tories' hopefuls are 'the low taxation party' and  want low taxation and low services because they dont care how much debt they pile on the pleb taxpayers for generations to come - as long as they will profit now.

Sunack wants high taxation on plebs and low taxation on business with low services - to enable the continued payment of the interest on the debt mountain by the plebs while profit is made by the few. he doesn't want a total collapse of the UK money machine.

- the ERG dont care if it collapses in 5-10 years - their money is shunted abroad/tax havens

- Like Redwood and Smogg shunting business to the EU

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Simple question @brassneckedand meant to be 'in yer face'

How the feck do you find that doodoo so often?

At least north is maybe half-way in touch with reality. Too much of the other stuff seems to be rampant loons.

Mind you, Realty at the moment does seem to be making the loons seem less loony.

Hope your nearest and dearest (unless s/he is known as Dorris) doesn't know you attend such dens of iniquity.

The Tory Legacy

Must be the Welsh Nationalist in me fighting to surface and drive the Saesneg out  No seriously we need to see what the loons are up to, as they can be dangerous, if not dangerous good for a laugh.  I have a sense of humour darker and more dry than the league Of Gentlemen.

• Thanks 1

I think I know where you are coming from ..

So what did you think of the Bellamy references in that thread?

The Tory Legacy

Which of the Tory candidates will be arguing that the UK needs more immigration to tackle skilled labour shortages ?  :)

The main argument at the moment is on tax, with each candidate saying that they want to see reductions, but Tories always say this ahead of elections. Overall tax has increased to historic high levels under the current Government, while services such as NHS are struggling and infrastructure such as roads are in a poor state.

Several candidates argue for corporate tax rate of 15%, but I would question whether this would lead to additional investment , creation of jobs etc.

The papers are saying that non-EU immigration has gone up. But these people aren't filling the jobs in hospitality or agriculture because they aren't on the shortages list for the new immigration system.

In terms of candidates, I'm not sure how many of them know what they're talking about with the economy. And I wonder how long Tugendhat will last after he suggested turfing out all Russians from the country.

Illegitimi non carborundum

7 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

In terms of candidates, I'm not sure how many of them know what they're talking about with the economy.

too true - they are soundbiting as usual - it works

7 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

And I wonder how long Tugendhat will last after he suggested turfing out all Russians from the country.

He'll likely struggle to fund his bid for power ...

The Tory Legacy