Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Its the 'nuclear' option of Johnson calling a general election (which the tories would almost certainly lose in a BIG way at the moment) thats undoubtedly holding many in check at the moment, although I think they are beginning to realise that they are going to need a fair bit of time to undo Johnsons, 'excesses, and that doing so will actually lose them some supporters to gain a chance of being elected.

- That many of the current ministers wouldn't continue to be ministers even under a ruling but changed Tory leadership with all their attendant multiple fabulously paid  'advisory roles' in the private sector at risk - holds others back.

As things are, I think labour will be the largest party, regaining about 80+ seats, with the Tories losing that many plus perhaps another 25-40 to the libs. it should be far more than that. but i don't underestimate the stupidity/lazyness of a significant portion of the UK electorate.

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

FWS05OIWQAUJSkv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Had to post this one from a tweet by Big Dave Horne🤣

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Such an embarrassment to have someone pretending to be a British PM who

* Lies,

* Cheats,

* Spins others misery to his own ends

* Protects water companies literally pouring excrement into British waterways and profits in shareholders pockets .. and even those millions of liters are less than the excrement he spouts

* Whips his party to protect corrupt pals

* Whips his party to leasve British kids hungry why trying to get someone to pay 150,000 quid for a treehouse for his ?latest? offspring.

* Protects energy companies excess profits until forced to tax them, then uses the extra taxation to fund more fracking and fossil fuel drilling

*** Bad as he looks, doesn't look bad enough to equate to the lying, self-serving, cheating ****** he actually is.

More than an embarrassment, hes an utter shame on us all.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

He is as nasty as the excrement being dumped into the waterways TJ

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Worse - as that is just one of his many many failings

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

From Newsnight's Lewis Goodall on Twitter.

NEW: Deputy Chief Whip Chris Pincher has resigned saying “last night I drank far too much. I’ve embarrassed myself and other people.” Conservative Party now without a Chairman and a Deputy Chief Whip.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Current Government is coming to an end ?.  Has the same feeling as John majors Tory party  in around 1995. Once a party has been the Government for 3 terms, then people start to become dissolutioned and want change.

Can Labour under Starmer win a majority in same way as Blair did in 1997  ?

I know what you mean about the end of the Major era. I think it's more likely to be an electoral coalition than Labour on its own, at the moment they don't seem to have enough of a margin.

This could be tricky if the PM goes for the nuclear option and calls an early election. Some Tories are orried he could do that so any election happens before the privileges committee has been able to report back on whether the PM deliberately lied to parliament.

Not the first time for Pincher is it?

Johnson has a rock and a VERY hard place problem now.

calling a general election has two risks

1. The tories (as seems likely) lose the election and Johnson is no longer PM

2. Johnson loses his seat (as also seems likely) and he is neither PM or MP

If he doesn't call an election, he keeps his MP and PM position (as even if he is found to have mislead parliament (lol how many times?)).

He wont resign whatever happens - and deposing seems rather unlikely - too many depend on him for their position

Note the issues are only as they affect Johnson - nowt else matters to him

The Tories seem to hope that the electorate just forget about all the many many lies/corruption/sleaze/economic collapse/being unable to eat or heat etc etc and vote them all back in.

The Tory Legacy

I like your option 2. :)

It seems to me they're underestimating the public. Nearly two-thirds of voters want him gone and they aren't getting less angry about partygate, even if HMG are trying to pretend Covid has gone away. The constant drip-feed of sleaze isn't helping and I'm sure there's plenty more to come.

A thought on Chris Pincher: if he's done the right thing by resigning, how does that leave the PM who was caught in a very compromising position in his office? By an MP who some people say was knighted later on.

Thats the issue though ... the Tories seem to utterly believe that if they can put partygate behind them then all the other stuff like attempting to protect corruption (MPs, organised crime/police or oligarchs), pouring doodoo into waterways (excrement or fracking pollution) and British people unable to heat or eat doesn't matter.

... let alone voting rights, legal support or even the right to protest their corruption

Removing free health care and schooling next?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

regarding pincher, i see the also-rans are out excusing him

* His morals were considered by Johnsons cabinet morals team - LOL

* Its down to the electorate in the end  (but he isnt going to go back to them until a general election)

No questions about

* are Johnsons cabinet office (lack of) morals crew not being sacked as they said it was fine for a previous offender to be put in that position to offenbd again ... yet again?

- Why have multiple ethics advisors quit .. and why was their recommendations ignored giving honest people little option other than quit?

- Is the party recalling him to actually put this issue to the electorate as you keep saying that its their ultimate cecision?

and why aren't these 'interviewers' asking these questions in anything other than an easily ignored way.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

A bill of rights is a great idea - unless its defined by corrupt serve serving populists

.. in which case it should be called a  bill restricting rights, or more simply a Bill of Wrongs

I see pincher the pincher has now been suspended ... pending an attempt to delay/whitewash 'investigation' (like last time)

The Tory Legacy

Pincher says he's going to get professional help now. Possibly taking his own advice as given to other MPs who are in trouble.

Changing the subject, this quote from the Chinese embassy is embarrassing for the government, at least it ought to be.

• Like 1

I wonder how the PM's weekend is going.

So far I've seen stories about him using a government plane to fly his wife and children back from Cornwall, an NAO investigation into the 40 hospitals he promised and hasn't made much progress on, another MP saying they were groped by Chris Pincher and threatening MPs with deselection if they vote to change the rules of the 1922 committee for the timing of confidence votes.

And the Daily Mail have dropped him.

WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

Owner intervenes as previously loyal paper is expected to criticise PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10976899/Rebel-Tories-threatened-deselection-change-allowing-new-confidence-vote-Boris-Johnson.html

I was quite surprised  (err astonished) to hear even conservativehome editorial staff speaking rather negatively about him and his 'policies' on mainstream TV news programs.

That Johnson has a shrinking band of supporters .. who he needs to protect .. in a query on the pincher

The Tory Legacy

But Johnson is NOT a Conservative in the accepted context, he is a feckless chancer out solely for himself,  he and his father promote Eugenics and Population Control, whilst knocking out sprogs with different women not  his wife at the time

• I agree 1

Tory men do not have particular problem with sexual harassment

- Therese Coffey

Carefully chosen words perhaps? They sure don't Coffey do they:

Sexually harass/abuse - intimidate the victim ... or whitewash if that fails - no problemo.

The Tory Legacy

This is a surprise. The Telegraph has an article that acknowledges some of the economic downsides of Brexit.

'Small wonder that the Government still refuses to commission an economic impact assessment of Brexit; the findings would not reflect well on our exit deal.'

ARCHIVE.PH

Perhaps feel safe now that Starmer seems to be writing off close EU ties let alone a fresh referendum. Gutless Piers Morgan

The Tory Legacy

but HB, he's lying to them all.

I don't think he can do any different

Thats likely to be his defense

- I really believed the doodoo I kept pulling out of my own backside - ask anyone - everyone knows I'm a lying incompetent sociopath with no sense of honesty or honor. How could I know different.

.. Although his close associates will claim in their defense - How were we to know he was a lying incompetent sociopath with no sense of honesty or honor - we believed him.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy