• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

16 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

whatever, at the next GE only one thing will matter, the economy and how people are affected
Now if Rishi  bungs em enough who can say 😀

I see Sunaks trying to regenerate his leadership bid with the inevitable (as Johnson needed a distraction) windfall tax, by saying the energy market isnt working and batting any potential change (actually doing something) into the long grass - maybe while they wait for the flack on dodo to die down so she can run a UK VIPals energy system .... or labour win the next GE and he can forget all about it ...

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

France held its energy price cap rise at 4% for 2022 – while in Britain it climbed by 54% in April and further increases are coming in October

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

He is incorrigible but then none of his Cabinet are any better

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

Writing in The Telegraph, Allister Heath predicts extinction for the Tories at the next general election. Wake up, Tory loyalists, for time has almost run...

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 24/05/2022 at 21:24, tobyjugg2 said:

In front of the 1922 committee tomorrow isn't he

Committee Chair:

Right Boris, theres no more to come is there?

Boris the Corrupt liar:

No, I honestly assure you theres no more, and I'll give you anything you want.

Comittee Chair:

You said that the last two times

Boris the Corrupt Liar:

No I didn't

Corrected

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

6 hours ago, brassnecked said:

He is incorrigible but then none of his Cabinet are any better

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

Writing in The Telegraph, Allister Heath predicts extinction for the Tories at the next general election. Wake up, Tory loyalists, for time has almost run...

absolutely agree , he could also be describing Bidens America

But  for just a glimpse of the alternative one only has to look in horror at at Wales

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Do you think people will forget by the next election what they went through with being unable to see family and friends or not being able to be with people who were dying or attend their funerals, while No10 partied, TOR?

by and large the majority who were not affected yes

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

@theoldrouge, tell me about it I live in Wal;es where the Drakeford Labour/Plaid Junta kept in power by the Valleys boyo's and grlls ruin Wales daily bit by bit, of course the Tories no better either.  Time for the smaller Parties to have a go.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Like who?

meanwhile

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

New policy calls resignation of ministers over minor breaches ‘disproportionate’

The Tory Legacy

Retro fit to Paterson and the criminal pervs - and corrupt/criminal/perverted tory MPs back in their seats laughing and Johnson has a bit more of a smokescreen to hide in ...

Most likely Johnson doesn't want another paterson issue next week when the next corrupt/whatever MP issue arises .. let lone pictures of ministers at some of the parties ..

But its is what Johnson does, break the rules, allow others to break the rules, then change the rules so breaking them isnt anymore.

Change the rules to fit the  bad/corrupt behavior ... scummy actions

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Negotiations with Canada are going well, then.

Ralph Goodale, Canada's high commissioner to the U.K., said if Britain wants more access to Canadian markets for its cheese as part of a bilateral free-trade agreement, it will have to knock on Brussels' door and get its part of the dairy quota back. 

WWW.CBC.CA

The United Kingdom says it wants more access to Canada's domestic cheese market. The Canadian government is signalling that's not happening.

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

thats quite a surprise to me .. but when you only glance into it, it should have been seen by anyone with detailed knowledge of the international agreements ..

I'm seeing some strange reports re the energy companies responses to the oil drilling tax relief. Need to look a little deeper, but that is also quite a surprise to me if true, and raises some really serious questions ..

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

The UK may have (not) left the EU and be threatening to renege on their international agreements ..

but everyone else wants closer ties with the EU and WON'T renege on theirs .. many of which have far wider implications for international trade espacially in someone on the brink of a trade war with the EU generated by breaching international legally binding agreements.

Even without that understanding Brexit was Brexshit, with that extra understanding its utter twatishness.

Johnson and all his ilk need to be gone.

PLUS

Looks like at least some of the big energy companies are saying themselves that tax relief should be on renewable investment, not oil drilling ..

So who TF is pressing for tax  releif on north sea oil drilling?

and FAR more importantly why is it being actioned?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

More on the mismanagement of the economy and our (ex) manufacturing

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The UK lacks the cell and pack factories automakers will need to support their transition away from the internal combustion engine.

The Tory Legacy

“Staff at Chequers had a lot of problems,” one said. “The dog was chewing everything and shitting everywhere.”

I'd ask which one ... but both is likely the answer

,, at least the little dog only does it in limited places, not on the whole nation.

The Tory Legacy

The head housekeeper at Chequers has resigned, forced out by 'a clash with Carrie Johnson'.

The PM is accused of trying to bag the country home before Theresa May left.

ARCHIVE.PH

An observation: Why does the PM's wife need a spokesperson? I don't understand why No10 can't speak for her if she doesn't want to do it herself.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yep - he is projected to lose his seat quite conclusively despite all his ongoing concerted attempts to remove the vote from swathes of the population

The Tory Legacy

oh, and regarding the 'pressure' for the gov to give tax relief to largely useless to the UK public North sea oil drilling ..

... Seems its the UK gov is the unconscionable reprobate thats applying the pressure to expand oil drilling, not the industry ...

As set out in the British Energy Security strategy, and with Putin’s invasion of Ukraine illustrating the merit of this, North Sea oil and gas are going to be crucial to the UK’s domestic energy supply and security for the foreseeable future – so it is right we continue to encourage investment there,” a government spokesperson said.

"In response to the windfall tax announcement, Shell said on Thursday it still intended to spend 75 per cent of its planned £20-25bn investment in the UK energy system on low and zero-carbon products and services, while BP said it would look at the impact of the new levy and tax relief on its North Sea investment plans."

... presumably to take advantage (if any) of the tax relied

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

“The truth is that big oil and gas companies will take this as a green light from government to double down on extraction, without a thought for the...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy