Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

I wonder what's going to come out today?

The Times is saying that Johnson held the meeting with Sue Gray to say there was no point publishing the report as the information is 'all out there'. HMG wants to move on and you can absolutely see why, but it seems to me that the public are just as angry as they were when this first came to light and I think more photos could be very damaging to Johnson's reputation and even the Tories.

Has he kept Simon Case as a human shield to be discarded once the report comes out?

French TV featured this earlier and are wondering just how long a PM in this situation can hang on when it looks so bad.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bet he did - and will deny it, as he already has via proxies as always so he can claim I didn't say such a thing - because he instructed someone else to .. Johnson thje Liars Implausible deniability

That should also be in the report if it is to be anything like complete and honest

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

22 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

A lot of people are baffled, me included. How can a 'work interview' go on with Abba blaring out? I don't believe that one.

I find it always increases my productivity with Abba blaring out 😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

This is what should be blaring out to them every time they show their faces

• Like 1

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

It’s truly inspirational to think their £460,000 “Partygate” performance piece has not yet reached its final form. That will come as early as today, when a number of the officers tasked with not spotting Boris Johnson in a series of piss-up photos get signed off with stress.

Only when they’ve been on the sick for two years, then retired with a full pension but also returned to a high-paying station desk job, will Partygate have attained the British establishment gold standard.

- Marina Hyde

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

In front of the 1922 committee tomorrow isn't he

Committee Chair:

Right Boris, theres no more to come is there?

Boris the Corrupt liar:

No, I honestly assure you theres no more, and I'll give you anything you want.

Comittee Chair:

You said that the last two times

Boris the Corrupt Liar:

Yes, and its still the case

The Tory Legacy

Is it today? I hadn't seen that. The last I read, assuming the Sue Gray report comes out, it's a statement to the House, a press briefing and the 1922 committee. They think Johnson may think he can apologise to all three and then he thinks he can draw a linne under it and move on. I suspect a lot of the public won't agree with that.

Tomorrow is the acting head of the Met in front of the London Assembly committee. There should be some interesting questions about how they decided who was fined - and who wasn't - for the various parties.

and Johnson the liar has the arrogance to tell everyone to 'just move on'

- long past time he did - completely out of politics and any position of responsibility - and into jail if there was any justice.

The Tory Legacy

It's about the only line he has. I guess it's down to Tory MPs now and their reaction to what's been said.

I've been out and haven't had a chance to read the report but the Guardian thought BJ's statement wasn't that well received in the House.

From the Guardian

Back at PMQs William Wragg (Con), chair of the public administrative and constitutional affairs commtitee, says Simon Case, the cabinet secretary, was banned from giving evidence to his committee this week. Saying he may be a cynic, he asks what topic was the PM worried about Case being asked about.

Johnson says Wragg is not a cynic but an idealist. He says he will ensure that the officials give evidence.

So Johnson is moving on from partygate and feels he should deal with issues the country is facing, rather than resign for the culture in No10 or misleading the commons.

The Good Law Project has issued a legal letter threatening court action unless the Met investigates 'The Three Gatherings' or explains why it doesn't think it should investigate the PM's participation in them.

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

The Metropolitan Police investigated the various gatherings – we use a neutral expression – around 10 Downing Street during the pandemic...

• Like 1

This is David Allen Green's take on today.

DAVIDALLENGREEN.COM

25th May 2022 Today we take in the now-published Sue Gray report. The quick-takes have already been given and a parliamentary statement has...

1. 'Tory MPs (not the real ones) are tied into Johnson having done things like supporting his lies, voted to protect corrupt MPs and voted to not feed hungry UK kids. Where can they go? The few remaining real Conservatives are largely hamstrung and may face deselection if Johnson gets bold or desperate enough.

2. The Sue gray report has surprisingly left out some of the worst chunks, apparently as the Met whitewashed them despite evidence gray and the met had - - reasons and clarifications yet to break. Huge disappointment there.

3. Johnson takes full responsibility, despite ongoing denials, and as long as the 'taking full responsibility' just means jogg on and leave him to do what he likes without penalty.

4. Whens the Case scapegoat being put out to green and pleasant pasture and reward? or does he know to much and hence untouchable and the lessor civil servants will be culled a bit first in the hope the issues will drift away?

Don't worry, Johnson will butcher him and EVERYONE/anyone ELSE if it becomes a benefit to Johnson.

The Tory Legacy

He been proven to have 'mislead (lied to) parliament repeatedly. He IS an unconscionable and unmitigated liar - simple fact.

That alone should see him resign.

But he won't.

If he literally (rather than 'just' figuratively) threw a 100 (let alone 1000's of) children under a bus for his own convenience on film, he wouldn't resign and would claim he didn't do it - jogg on and stop bothering him with trivialities.

Unmitigated lying **** who brings shame upon us all.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

whatever, at the next GE only one thing will matter, the economy and how people are affected
Now if Rishi  bungs em enough who can say 😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Do you think people will forget by the next election what they went through with being unable to see family and friends or not being able to be with people who were dying or attend their funerals, while No10 partied, TOR?

Lets make sure they do.

"Security guards at Downing Street go by the quant name of “custodians”, That they were mocked and laughed at for trying to close down some of the parties is a neat metaphor for Partygate itself. The low-paid security staff were custodians not just of the building but of propriety and decency itself. And they did that job better than the Prime Minister."

- Paul Waugh

"The PM may be grateful too that Gray did pull some punches. She opted not to investigate a gathering that took place in Johnson’s own flat, attended by wife Carrie, because she felt that was up to the Met Police. The Met did not take any action."

- Paul Waugh

Note

Seems to me that Gray must have seen that as a criminal activity beyond the 'normal' scope of her parliamentary investigation and did not want to impede a criminal investigation .. that the MET didn't investigate it means she shoould have added the detail IMO.

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

I see cleaners from more than one government department are going to demonstrate outside No10 about their treatment.

Some of the No1o staff could be called before the Privileges Committee, which could be interesting. Unless they're persuaded to water down the evidence of course.

No doubt their 'contracts' require them to keep their mouths shut

There WILL be more:

“There is a Boris pipeline of bad stuff we don't know about, there always will be.” One backbencher put it more pithily: "It's like an advent calendar of doodoo "

.. and he didn't say 'doodoo

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy