Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Good point this

How are they also getting away with all the anti-vax stuff?

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

If NewsCorp’s owner were Russian, there would be no hesitation in applying sanctions

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

and back to Boris 'the incompetent liar's incompetence

Everyone noticing the spreading problems with sourcing medications .. and not just HRT?

I expect a high likelihood of growing reports on this over the next few weeks

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

So we're back with tearing up the NI protocol and it could be quite soon.

What I don't understand is what options are open to the EU legally if the UK breaches [or scraps] an international treaty. I know they can impose tariffs on goods being sent to the EU and make life harder still for UK exporters but can any court rule on this?

I thought Theresa May spoke well yesterday and she made the point that not honouring commitments like this shows the country in a bad light. Well, the government anyway, I'm sure the majority of Brits don't want to be seen as mavericks.

Illegitimi non carborundum

i think thats unlikely HB - they are just dog whistling the Brexiter sheep (dog?) crowd - which herd seems to be shrinking

I see medicines shortages are hitting the news now

INEWS.CO.UK

Steroids and anti-depressants are also among the drugs caught up in a 'perfect storm' of supply problems

The Tory Legacy

That's awful about meds, I still haven't really understood why it's happening.

I hope the NIP thing is just another dogwhistle, at the moment I'm not sure. The DUP seem pretty determined to clog up the workings of government in NI.

You mean the no longer main party in NI, who are throwing their dummy out of the pram and refusing to allow democratic representation for the NI people?

The republicans have waited a long time and will make hay with that.

BUT, dedicated as the DUP is, and happy as Johnson is to dog whistle, imagine what a full on trade war with the EU will do given all the problems JUST caused by the UK not being ready for what it forced through

.. all these years on and they STILL haven't even sorted out the border processes for these 'foreigner' goods coming in ....

The Tory Legacy

.. let alone

• Britons in Spain face life without cars or family care after failure of post-Brexit talks. This expiry of an extension to allow British residents to use UK driving licences and restrictions on who can spend time in Spain is causing problems for the 300,000-strong expat community. Click here to read.

Mind you

Brits - voted leave, then left to the EU and didnt cater for the consequesnces of their vote, ddin't use the opportunities given by the Spanish, and hasn't bothered to learn the language .. but they still let him stay

Yep, sounds like a Brexiter

- good job Patel isnt Spanish eh? he'd be on his way to Rwanda

The Tory Legacy

Disturbing article from the Byline Times. It isn't the first time they've reported on this but last time none of the MSM picked it up. Now we know why the Mail and Sun have supported the PM so vociferously over Partygate.

BYLINETIMES.COM

New testimony from the Prime Minister’s former chief aide shows how the free press has been bought by the Government

• Thanks 1

I firmly believe it was a two way long before covid.

This has just perhaps given some evidence for it.

About time liar Cummings gave some solid evidence to back up his rhetoric about liar Johnson.

His word alone is worth absolutely nowt (both of 'em)

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Well I see there have been more fines issued for Partygate.

What I still wonder is why the Police themselves have not been investigated for turning a blind eye to these as all you need to do is look at all the security around and within Downing Street and the Police really never knew any of this was going on not one really.

• I agree 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Boris needs to check on how many additional Civil Servants were required due to Brexit. There were adverts for thousands of Brexit related roles across the UK. More than for Covid related work.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Mr Johnson has told cabinet ministers to come up with a plan to slash departmental workforces to 2016 levels, implying a reduction of...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The papers seem to be starting to notice the New York Times investigation into money from Russia being paid to the Tory party.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The cash was part of a fund-raising blitz that helped propel Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s party to victory in 2019. Records track $630,225 to a...

and corrupt incompetent Johnsons threats to the good friday agreement of which the USA is a guarantor

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Influential representatives likely to underline Biden’s commitment to defend Good Friday agreement

... but lets not forget that Johnson will burn anything and anyone to the ground if he thinks it will help him hold onto power for a minute longer.

He would leave the UK in burnt out ruins if it meant he held on to power an extra hour.

The Tory Legacy

Heres a foil hat possibility, which is the only one that actually fits the scenes

The US trade agreement Truss 'negotiated' is so bad, even worse than the Aussie one, that Johnson doesn't really want it as he will be ripped to shreds in the press (even with the favours) when the details are released, but he daren't just walk away

AND the deal he negotiated for NI is as we know, an incompetent mess that would require Johnson to implement the border systems that are probably still decades away

so if he 'just' breaches international law on the one agreement, he loses the other he doesn't want (has Johnson ever got a deal he did want after agreeing it?) while pointing the finger elsewhere (unreasonable yanks not pressing their advantage to rip us off)

Of course we become an international trade pariah state in the process .. but Johnson gets a few weeks or even months more of staying in power, and he hasn't got any deals that are worth saving anyway ..

The Tory Legacy

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse., Frosty is on manoeuvres again...

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Former Brexit minister says UK ‘cannot be defeated’ by Brussels in provocative Telegraph column

Politics is the problem in N.Ireland and not the protocol.  Any issues with customs border checks can be resolved with EU. There is an agricultural agreement on standards that could be signed up to that would avoid 80% of the custom document/delay issues.

UK farmers want to maintain agricultural standards and avoid cheap food products being imported. UK Government appear to be wanting deals with US and other countries with different standards to EU, so they are reluctant to agree to EU standards agreement

Would UK Government really risk trade war with EU and peace/stability in N.Ireland, just so they are free to sign up to agricultural and other goods standards which are different to those required by EU?

Answering my own question, yes I think Boris would take the risk, because he appears fixated on free trade and few rules, so the UK can import food and other goods from around the world which could be of poor quality or come with health warnings.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Boris might be in contact with this chap to discuss 'Galactic Trade Minister' role, just to add to the fantasy of Brexit trade deals.

WWW.DAILYSTAR.CO.UK

Russ Kellett from Filey, North Yorks says for the past 30 years he's part of their army fighting the ‘Dragos’ which are tall and scaley with...

• Haha 1

Was interesting to hear news reports with EU representatives saying that for most in NI, the protocol simply wasn't an issue and business was great

.. must have slipped through

If the DUP get what they want they will just start whinging and blaming the EU for losing their cake and eat it and being in the same shitty boat as the rest of us...

The Tory Legacy