• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

I've also seen it mentioned that the two parts of Ireland becoming closer is concerning HMG.

And that NI still coming under EU rules for trade could be showing that it's better to be in the EU than in Brexit Britain. If people start to think it shows Brexit isn't working, that's going to be a problem for Johnson et al.

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

breaking:

In rumors of what some are calling a coup, Pritti Patel and Dominic Rabb are rumored to have used their new powers to interpret whatever they like however they like to declare the rest of the cabinet as hateful extremists to be dealt with under the new terror laws recently passed.

Many of the cabinet have simply vanished and are rumored to be on a transporter to Guantanamo bay, Now ex PM Johnson is alleged to have legged it deserting his wife and child(ren) and has reportedly been seen sleeping on the American consulate floor after having been refused asylum at the Russian consulate. This was alledgedly as a result of Pattel removed his UK citizenship (on the strength of him also having had US citizenship) when he escaped through a toilet window prior to his arrest, although others claim the picture was taken on his recent return from one of his many, many holidays

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBpEushWQAI7QOJ

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

On 17/10/2021 at 09:05, Ethel Street said:

Mind you Rachel Johnson's a staunch Remainer and doesn't agree with most of what Boris says! 

Boris the liar was also a remainer until being a Brexiter became his route to power

14 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Fintan O'Toole has an article about the Brexit negotiations and what he thinks HMG's aims are.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The EU’s proposals on the Northern Ireland protocol offered what business leaders wanted, but the prime minister prefers failure and grievance

Johnson and Frost (both previously remainers) are trying to force the EU into a corner:

Either give us cake and eat it everything, or YOU will have to impose a border in Ireland to protect the single market to stop us doing whatever we like with your border

What they fail to understand is that the EU have the mechanisms to allow all NI sourced goods into the market while blockading 99% of all UK sourced goods from the EU either through RoI or otherwise

It will cost the EU to do that, but it will put the UK back into the worst suez crisis scenario.

All that aside from Johnson the Liar and the Brexiters effectively forcing Ireland into unity apart from the minority 'loyalists' - and the potential for horror that holds - means nothing to Johnson and his Brexiters.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

If you were planning to train a virus to escape vaccine induced immunity

If you were negotiating an agreement that you never intended to honour

If you were arranging PPE in a way that would be inefficient and expensive

If you were designing a VISA system to fail

.. you would do it the way Johnson the incompetent liar and his oppos do

and add to that that there is currently plenty of pfiser vaccine for boosters and jabs, and plenty of people willing to have them

- but nowhere near enough people to actually put the doses in arms as all the volunteers (trained cabin staff etc) who did it before have gone back to work ...

The Tory Legacy

I see Johnson/Truss have signed a deal with NZ similar to the Australia deal

- so 6x better for NZ than it is for the UK, just to get a headline, with further nails in the coffin of UK farming then ...

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Follow the latest updates from Westminster and beyond

The Tory Legacy

It's just PR, isn't it, TJ? Their own figures say that at best it will add 0.01% to growth and at worst will cost money.

One journo thinks it's because it might help them to get into the Trans Pacific trade agreement [why?] but if they start breaking international law, I don't see NZ standing by them.

• I agree 1

Like COP26

Boris Johnson Is Playing Another Trick

"Countries across the world, Britain foremost among them, are willfully pursuing an economic strategy that is heating up the planet, to the devastation of communities everywhere. They prefer private profit to a livable planet."

"Cambo is the most egregious example of a political and economic approach that knocks Britain off its moral high ground. The list of sins is long. It includes airport expansions, missed biodiversity targets, a botched attempt to insulate homes, not ruling out a new coal mine in Cumbria and, of course, failing to regulate the world’s biggest financiers of fossil fuels in the City of London. At every juncture the government has made clear where its priorities really lie."

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Britain’s prime minister claims the country is leading the world on climate change. It’s not.

The Tory Legacy

Quote(s) of the day:

"“There is a real problem that this is now the third Asia-Pacific agreement in a row - Japan, Australia and now New Zealand - where more than 80 per cent of the projected growth in trade, by [the trade] department, has gone to exporters in those other countries"

- Emily Thornberry

"If Johnson will renege on the EU deal, Surely Johnson will renege on deals that bad"

- me

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Follow the latest updates from Thursday

The Tory Legacy

Very funny video.  If UK needs someone funny to be PM, there are better choices.  How about Frankie Boyle ?  Would make PMQ's more entertaining. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They would undoubtedly also make a better job of the actually PM duties

The Tory Legacy

and for those who might think Tory **** voting to leave British kids hungry was a 'one off'

- It may have been the worst - but its nothing unusual.

Here they are voting to BLOCK a simple requirement for water companies NOT to dump sewage in UK waters to save their profits

- something I'll bet most thought was already a requirement.

"Just 22 Conservatives rebelled against the government last week to vote in favour of a bill amendment that would place a legal duty on water companies not to pump sewage into rivers."

Think about that when you are paddling in the sea on a British beach .. or eating British shellfish.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘MPs must vote to make it a legal obligation for water companies to end sewage pollution’

The Tory Legacy

From Bloomberg, about COP26.

'Filth spewing into a picturesque stretch of U.K. coastline is far from the image of post-Brexit Britain that Boris Johnson wants to portray.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-26/beach-filth-forces-boris-johnson-u-turn-ahead-of-climate-talks

and although Johnsonites have 'crapped themselves' over a rebellion they still only propose to 'require' some unqualified endeavors from water companies to reduce the sewage being repeatedly poured into UK waters

Johnson says customers would have to pay thousands each for these companies to improve

EH? - what about share holder and director dividends paying? - they've had enough payments for not meeting requirements

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Government to maintain resistance to tougher action against water companies despite backlash

WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CO.UK

It's just the latest development in the ongoing debate about waste in UK waterways ahead of COP26.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

The independent Office for Budget Responsibility says that Freeports won't help the economy.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Chancellor’s flagship policy will ‘alter the location rather than the volume of economic activity’, Office for Budget Responsibility concludes

neither will the main tax beneficiaries of rich business people flying across the UK drinking cheaper spirits and bolli to 'meetings'/jollies rather than being climate, cost and efficiency competent and having meetings via video,

mind you with the projected increases in train fares, it will probably cost little more to fly than train, but still craploads of everything more expensive/costly than video conferencing.

The Tory Legacy

Well, cop is already an unmitigated failure, but that was always likely given the host (Johnson the deal reneging liar) asking others to do more while proposing he will

* Increasing oil production (in Scottish waters)

* Not only allowing, but protecting water companies pouring sewage endlessly into UK waters

* reneging on local trade while proposing very poor deals thousands of miles away with heavily climate polluting counties

* Reducing rather than increasing taxation on the most polluting, climate destroying short hop plane journeys (take off, short trip and landing is worst)

* reducing overseas aid

* stealing already promised foreign aide (despite that being prohibited in the agreement) to 'promise' (from Johnson the Liar) sometime in the future maybe a return to maybe future overseas aide to address climate issues - with loads of get out clauses added

* ad nauseum

also add Johnsons further protection of polluters

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Campaigners say the ruling over the Aarhus Convention shows that the government is ‘not serious about holding itself to a high standard’

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

dangerous stuff

Global warming is pretty much certain to pass 1.5 degrees well within the next 5 years, let alone 2030 .. or 2050

and sea level rise is also certain to break records in the same period

No doubt some will claim 'temporary' - but as emissions are still set to actually increase during that period .. it will actually be temporarily only in passing through 1.5 degrees of warming, and quite possibly the climatic tipping point, to higher average temperatures and world as different as the changes at the 'end' of the ice age 12,000 years ago.

Hopefully it wont be to a runaway greenhouse effect - I dont know about that one way or the other.

The Tory Legacy

Katya Adler of the Beeb has posted some interesting tweets in the last couple of days.

On fishing, she's explained that some of the media [including the BBC and ITV] have been using an incorrect translation of what the French PM said. And on the NIP, people in Brussels are convinced that David Frost is playing for time with the negotiations so that Article 16 can be triggered after COP26.

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

All quite possible HB

and re the 'legal action' that should tie any possible resolution process up for a considerable period which should suit Johnson and Frost

The only paper that Johnson and Frosts words should be on is many times recycled toilet paper

- and that quickly and quietly flushed away before the smears they carry pollute the planet even more

I'm somewhat unclear why France is simply not 'imposing the agreement to its interpret-able  letter (no matter how stretched) until the distant future where it might eventually be proven thats not compatible with the law' as Johnson and Frost are doing

- got to be French elections involved there

- maybe good for Macrons image, but not for real effect

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Well I'm sure that both sides are playing to their political audiences. But the French also believe the UK should carry out its legal obligations over fishing, borders and so on.

I think it was Katya who said that some in Europe think the UK should be held to account for not having IT systems or infrastructure for borders, for example.