Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

James O'Brien on LBC explains why some of us might have been a bit confused recently about government messaging. It's a great analysis IMHO.

"Everybody who warned Project Fear was going to happen was shouted down by the people now in power. "Before your very eyes the Government are saying the predictions were right - and it was part of our plan.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445378612585185282

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

but as pointed out in one of the comments (seemingly in reference to the 'policing bill' making demonstrations a crime at the whim of government:

I'm beginning to suspect that the Govt knows there will be a lot of unrest and reasons to trigger Demonstrations this winter and so instead of tackling the root cause, they will seek to stifle them through legislation. #Winterofdiscontent

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Quote of the decade:

After whipping a vote to NOT feed UK kids

The prime minister of a country with over 2000 food banks is spending money on internet adverts featuring himself eating.
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Interesting that when I came here first today the link said page 18 last page + got a uh oh when clicked on it

Now says 17 pages and works

The Tory Legacy

TY HB

Back to reality - No surprises that morally vacuous Boris 'Inveterate and unapologetic LIAR' Johnsons conference speech - was full of lies

- many of which have already been called out as lies - but he repeats them anyway

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Not for the first time, the prime minister delivered a major speech that was economical with the truth

Including the claimed £3000 extra for maths and science teachers - which is just a mini-me version of the undelivered prior plan which was quietly dropped without delivering anything of consequesnce - except a brief headline

- and anyone who expects owt to be delivered this time ... can lend me 50 quid and I'll pay it back with interest when this Johnson pledge is .. this time ...

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

PM also praises work of Brampton Manor academy in East Ham which now ‘sends more kids to Oxbridge than Eton’

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Metro has an article on Peter Bottomley saying MPs can't manage on £82k a year - plus expenses - on the day that Universal Credit went down by £20 a week.

He thinks MPs should earn the same as GPs?

METRO.CO.UK

Sir Peter Bottomley has spoken out how living on his salary is 'desperately difficult' for some.

More Brex-hits

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘We now have about 70 proposals for sites across Europe from maybe 10 different countries,’ Intel chief says

and not unexpected:

The Tory Legacy

It's sad about both of those, TJ, but not really a surprise. I suppose all the posturing about invoking Article 16 will start with a vengeance now.

It never seems to occur to Frost and Johnson that it makes us look untrustworthy as a country.

Any truth in the rumour Johnson is cancelling any farm visits and vox pops on farms for the forseeable, in case he falls into the pig pen and is accidentally culled  TJ?

• Haha 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes TJ he has chucked the farmer's to the wolves.  I do sometimes engae in dark humour league of gentleman style, helps cope with the ongoing Muppetry from politicians.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Higher wages and costs in the UK will mean companies will struggle to export.  So companies then start to reduce the number of staff, companies close etc etc. 

All for people being paid a competitive wage, but employers needs to be able to sell their products for a competitive price.

Christmas to be cancelled ? This would be a Brexit dividend for many as they don't have to go mad spending money they cannot really afford to squander.

And not having Christmas sweets available will save money e.g dental bills, having to buy new clothes that fit.

WWW.BRISTOLPOST.CO.UK

Nestle says it is 'working hard' to avoid disruption

plus:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Leading caterer writes to hundreds schools alerting them to problems with ‘sourcing, packing and distribution’

The Tory Legacy

I know about Operation Cygnus but I hadn't heard of Exercise Alice.

Someone has obtained FoI documents of the report that recommends adequate PPE, contact tracing and restricting entry from virus hotspots in the rest of the world. It looks as if it was completely ignored.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Report from planning exercise in 2016 alerted government of need to stockpile PPE and set up contact tracing system

• I agree 1

People who have followed all the Brexit and post-Brexit negotiations think that the UK could be setting the talks next week up to fail. Frost has said that ECJ is a red line as of very recently and this could be the excuse to blow up the talks and move on to a No Deal scenario. There are all sorts of theories online.

Meanwhile the PM has jetted off to Marbella for another holiday.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

EU leaders urged to push back against No 10’s brinkmanship over role of European Court of Justice

Really good industry website explaining current issues with shipping/logistics industry.

THELOADSTAR.COM

The UK’s main container ports are overwhelmed with unclaimed imports and starting to refuse the restitution of empty boxes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really funny if you like to laugh at how ridiculous the UK situation has been recently.