Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

I'm sure I'll be able to get some - but reports from neighbors that same think happening around here with people filling up cars and every container they can cram in boots and stations being run dry within a couple hours of a delivery.

Local tesco had some fuel apparently - but a 30-40 car queue

Glad my car does well over 60mpg on a run - averaged 65 on last one even with a few sessions sitting in queues - one due to a garage having queues obstructing a main A road junction and island for miles

Seems we all have to fill up when we can despite 'no shortages'

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

#let's take back control

Are the Government really in control of the country ?

Once the EU are not involved, the UK Government take full responsibility for any problems. They cannot blame anyone else for the current state of crisis.

As soon as Boris's Government decided to end free movement, leaving the EU single market, they should have drawn up a list of essential workers, where there was going to be a shortage.  And they should have then planned to provide x amount of work visas to migrants per year to cover a shortfall.

Of course we should be training our own people to do the essential jobs, but that takes a very long time. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Really surprises me HB. Senior Civil Servants and Government advisors would have provided many reports to Ministers, so they could agree to the actions required.

I suspect Ministsrs were told they needed to provide xxxxx number of migration visas to HGV drivers, as the UK was going to face a shortage.  Because Brexit was about controlling migration, they never agreed to a visa scheme for drivers and gambled on UK citizens being trained to ensure there were enough. Then Covid hit and the training/testing could not take place, with many foreign drivers returning to the countries of origin, making the situation worse.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You're right, there would have been advice from civil servants, I didn't mean to say there wasn't. I just get the impression that the current government doesn't think ahead. Plus, it's restricting its own action because everything seems to be viewed through the prism of Brexit.

But a number of people think that ministers [particularly people like Priti Patel] don't think civil servants are good at their jobs, hence the huge numbers of expensive private consultants in Whitehall.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Interesting thoughts from a European truckers' union man.

It remains to be seen if he's right but he also mentions working conditions. 'The EU workers we speak to will not go to the UK for a short-term visa to help the UK out of the sh*t they created themselves.'

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Official from Dutch-based FNV criticises visa plan as ‘dead end’ due to poor working conditions

David Allen Green's legal blog has pointed out that any trucker who comes over on a temporary visa will automatically become an illegal alien on 25th December as all visas are going to expire on Xmas Eve.

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

“The EU workers we speak to will not go to the UK for a short-term visa to help the UK get out of the s*** they created for themselves,”

Edwin Atema, Federation of Dutch Trade Unions (FNV), which represents lorry drivers across the EU

I cancelled my trip, much as I didnt want to, given reports that half of forecourts across the UK now have no fuel, and not a single station in the large town i live on the edge of which has 4 supermarket fuel stations and three others had any fuel at 8am this morning. Apparently one had a delivery just after it opened and before the tanker had unloaded, there was a 100 meter  plus q blocking one of the main roads through.

Saw shapps claiming it was the industries fault, yet no one challenged him:

So is this Transport crisis an inexcapable result of the Brexit you pushed through,

or is it nothing to do with Brexit and simple rank incompetence by the guy responsible for transport?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I just get the impression that the current government doesn't think ahead. Plus, it's restricting its own action because everything seems to be viewed through the prism of Brexit.

Poopulist Minister : We want the horrible foreigners out of here

Civil Servant : But minister, there are 70,000 foreign HGV truckers, 200,000 migratory pickers, and 25,000 nurses who will have to leave

Poopulist Minister : Brilliant. Thats almost 300,000 foreigners who will be gone. But we need a lot more than that. Find me some more great numbers like those.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

I see AVRO energy has gone bust - no loss there and probably a lot less customers than on their records as it seems they were want to NOT properly close accounts or pay back credit balances when people legged it - my experience too.

Green energy too - weren't they a good one?

Igloo on the brink it seems

If the fuel shortage isnt quickly resolved, a lot of the fuel/mini-market businesses may go bust to.

Lots fill up with fuel and food while they were there .. 

No fuel - other aspects dont get business - hence support from larger business required to survive

Oh - and what price blue hydrogen from gas now?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

oh and it seems holding up traffic to protest the destruction of the planets eco system is a crime which the Police will vigorously 'police'

but blocking roads for hours to fill up with fuel isnt something thats their problem ...

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Some regional forces start contingency planning but police vehicles currently unaffected, senior officers say

PRI202088294.jpg?width=1368&auto=webp&qu

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

UK is really embarrasing at the moment. 

Being run by a clown, no wonder it has become a circus !

Wonder what the name of the UK circus would be  ?

walesgland ?

Ingales?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

NobreadorFuelbutQueueanywayland?

but dont worry, theres no fuel shortages - theres craploads in Saudi Arabia

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

.. which might as well be in Saudi Arabia HB for all the use it is there eh?

.. and thats if the poopulist liars just happen to be telling something related to the truth .. this time .. who knows ... maybe ... wouldn't bet on it myself?

Apparently no shortages in Ireland

Which is of course the real issue

ANY prior gov you know they would be working flat out on this and embarrassed that it happened, these **** just blame others

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

convicted criminals allowed to register as a political party

Mind you, just following in the footsteps of those who 'manage' the systems to ensure they aren't declared of anything more than 'unlawful' acts

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Registration formally announced as leader Paul Golding agrees to pay ‘substantial damages’ for libelling halal food officials

The Tory Legacy

Johnson hancock Whitty are all criminals also?

• I agree 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I see shapps and Johnson have their contingency plan, which appears to be 75 army drivers, and another 75 drivers in reserve - all some days away from finishing their extra HGV training.

I have faith in our military - but not to the extent of 150 drivers at best making up a 100,000 driver shortfall.

- Impressive? - NOT

Possibly 3 weeks away from a return to normal supplies if all the panic buying stops

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘It’s called leadership’, says ex-head of civil contingencies

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Thing iis the Government and the MSM started and keep the panic going.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I dont think it panic they deliberately invoke - they just dont care that they are unable to properly run a country let alone a half-decent pi** up.

In a few weeks time (whether the crisis is over or not) this will be erased from the history books as far as Johnsons oppos are concerned and they will be claiming/lying that the UK has had be cheapest most secure energy in history under them

.. and the lowest taxes (for multi millionaires anyway)

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Brexit deal that Boris agreed is proving to be a disaster.

WWW.CNN.COM

Rising energy bills, higher prices and a critical shortage of workers leading to food and fuel supply constraints are threatening to stall...

Well he is trying desperately to get out of his own deal isnt he ..

Problem is, why would anyone believe any replacement deal be any more competently done, or any less quickly dishonored?

Mind you - I see the Corbynistas keep trying to keep Johnson in power

One of the latest example is a cracker

Corbyn ally and leftie Andy Mcdonald who was included in Starmers senior team (despite doubts about him) and included in the decision making processes - resigns during conference saying that Starmer is divisive ..

.. Look in a mirror mate.

I think the Corbynistas repeatedly demonstrate that is is they who are divisive and are THE major generator of keeping Labour out of power knocking Starmers lack of charisma or clarity into a far far second place.

I think all the Corbynistas need kicking out of senior positions, and some out of the party.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy