Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Yes but it could well be founded on the Climate Change schtick, as Ed and Lib Dems are eco warrior's and want to replace gas with Renewables.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

look at sse being 'harassed by an investor group that wants to split it up to get more shareholder 'value' stipped out if it rather than it invest in the business

I'll link some info when I'm back if needed. On very bad xonnection doe a few days

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

I am getting prepared for no gas and electric.

60 cans of baked beans, sauna suits and elastic bands.

At least I would stay warm, even if the beans are cold :)

There has been talk for years that energy supplies during the Winter have been close to not meeting demand and there would be blackouts.  Hopefully this Winter won't be when they have to trigger emergency measures including closing down major users of power and having blackouts for periods.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

UB, this article fro the Guardian's economics editor relates to some of what you're saying. He's talking about a triple financial whammy and at least some of it comes from the 'just in time' economy.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The combined challenges loom of an economic slowdown, rising energy costs and the transition to net zero, says Guardian economics editor Larry...

Illegitimi non carborundum

, getting gas canisters and extra batteries rechargeable and standard. have camping stoves 2 gas one petrol Coleman.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Overhead powerlines and high winter winds often 100 kph, mean outages sometimes

There isn't on a cold clear frosty january or february day here With the high wind speeds, the turbines are feathered like the propeller on a dead Lancster engine returning from Berlin.

Not surpising some people opt to move to the South of France.  

I can see many more Brits looking across the channel and being a bit jealous of our French neighbours.  Economic outlook for France is looking a lot healthier than the UK, good level of growth and low inflation.

EC.EUROPA.EU

The latest macroeconomic forecast of the European Commission for France.

What is Johnson trying to do now? Even the Mail thinks he risks inflaming things further with France. First the jibes in Franglais and now Macron is behaving like a lover being jilted at the last minute. I guess Bozo has plenty of experience of dealing with that.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The Prime Minister risked pouring fresh fuel on the fire over the £50billion Ausuk submarine pact by breaking into 'Franglais' jibes and appearing to...

The head of Iceland supermarkets says there are more food banks than branches of Macdonalds in th UK, on BBC Question Time.

Also that removing the increase in UC will mean a choice between heating and eat for large numbers of people. In one of the richest countries in the world, it's not right.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441157610955100168

UK should not need food banks.

Biggest issue affecting UK household finances is the cost of housing.

In my area in the south west, it costs about £1000 a month for a 2 bedroom house. 

OK If there are 2 people in work earning above national minimum wage.  But if one of them is not able to work for any period or they are self employed with no work coming in, they may struggle to cover rent and also be able to pay for basic living costs.

If people are in employment, where the earnings are not going to be reliable, as soon as they start struggling they need to be making a claim for Universal Credit. This may provide benefit entitlement which will help towards living costs, during any period where earnings are reduced.

Use a benefits calculator website such as Turn2us or Entitledto, to check the level of earnings where claiming Universal Credit might be required to provide support during a downturn in earnings.

• I agree 2

I hope people are able to read this in the New York Times. Their thoughts on the PM's style and ambition to join the USMCA agreement.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

U.K.’s prime minister makes headlines, yet experts say it is unclear if his lighthearted style is helping stake out a post-Brexit role on the global stage.

On 22/09/2021 at 20:09, brassnecked said:

, getting gas canisters and extra batteries rechargeable and standard. have camping stoves 2 gas one petrol Coleman.

We always got 'bonfire night' and all its associations to address the issues

Light, warmth, Food, Fireworks ... political change ... celebrations

:-)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I hope people are able to read this in the New York Times. Their thoughts on the PM's style and ambition to join the USMCA agreement.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

U.K.’s prime minister makes headlines, yet experts say it is unclear if his lighthearted style is helping stake out a post-Brexit role on the global stage.

Vassalage UK under incompetent lair Johnson has no credibility left anywhere

lets face it - Johnson has effectively declared the UK cant do owt without the US during the Afghanistan farce

The Tory Legacy

Join the Army

.. and drive a HGV

... which can at least carry a soldier more than 20 miles and not put them in traction .. unlike Johnsons plans for vehicles for the army

(see prior post)

and No shortage of Christmas Turkeys .. there's hundreds in parliament

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Could you remind me which post please, TJ?

Marina Hyde has a new opinion piece out, very aptly put and entirely in the PM's favour. :lol:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Boris Johnson was in New York this week, trying to dodge awkward conversations and ignore domestic shortages, says Guardian columnist...

• Haha 1

The elephant in Housing costs are Council Tax  and leasehold Service Charges.......

On 20/06/2021 at 09:21, tobyjugg2 said:

Each time I look at this thread, even the title is an offence and insult to the British (while it lasts) nation

What will we call England and Wales and its Tax haven protectorates?

Although Johnsons 'protection' runs to sub 20 miles now doesn't it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/03/mod-military-pauses-trials-army-tank-fleet-safety-concerns-ajax

Reminder as requested

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"Actor Daniel Craig has been appointed an honorary Commander in the Royal Navy – the same rank as his James Bond character.

Perhaps it’s time Boris Johnson was appointed an honorary Lance Corporal in Dad’s Army"

- Adam Forrest

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy