Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

So, anyone know why M&S are actually leaving France?

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brexit has made it "near impossible" for it to supply fresh and chilled products to France, the retailer says.

I understand the customs/Brexit issues, and that many UK products can't be shipped due to Brexit hostile environment to EU lorry drivers causing shortages (covid excuse simply doesn't wash),

BUT as theres no such shortages (drivers or product) and no issues (as far as I am aware) in getting stuff from anywhere in the largest single market in the world into France..

??

???

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

seems the EU exceeded its 2030 goals for improving overall EU water quality in January this year ....

E_EPQpKWQAI39Tx?format=png&name=small

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If you Zoom in - they are brown circles for a reason ...

E_CMT95XEAch3YY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Poopulist legacy

https://twitter.com/GetBrexit_Done/status/1436802815742074881

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

here we go, Fox news UK,

a good 'fit' for Johnsons Britain complete with Piers Morgan, Rebecca Brooks, Chris Evens, Jeremy Kyle under the Man  "not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company"  - Rupert Murdock

- IMCCO and that of a majority of the then UK govs cross party committee opinion (the Conservative members voted against of course)

Still Johnson unit for office and a media mogul unfit to run a company

like I said - a good fit.

WWW.BBC.COM

It is the controversial presenter's first major new job since he left Good Morning Britain in March.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Rupert Murdoch is not fit to run a major international company, British lawmakers said on Tuesday, finding him ultimately responsible for the...

The Tory Legacy

I see Frost is announcing the re-introduction of pounds and ounces

.. apparently to make things easier for shopkeepers - as food will cost pounds for ounces by Christmas even if Christmas is cancelled for all but the rich

.. Which is also a return to 'British' Dickensian tradition

The Tory Legacy

Quote of the day:

“A lot of things haven’t happened that the gloom-mongers said would happen and I don’t think are going to happen.”

Brexiter (lordie lordie me) Frost

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It seems a bit pointless to me and businesses trading with the rest of the world, apart from the three countries that use imperial measures, will still need to use metric.

I suppose some will see it as a 'benefit' from Brexit.

Social media comments hilarious

eg:

Bushells of Bullsh**

A peck or two of peckerheads

Not a grain of truth

The Tory Legacy

Pelosi reiterating:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has warned Britain that there will be no U.S.-U.K. trade deal unless Britain solves post-Brexit...

The Tory Legacy

From October 2016. MPs warned of possible energy supply problems. Another clip I read says the government also ignored Commission papers setting out what could go wrong.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘It is critical that the Government takes basic steps to stabilise investment in the energy sector’

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hope that I am wrong, but I have a feeling that we are going to face a winter of discontent. All of the serious problems facing many countries are going to reach a crisis point.

It will be worse for the UK because of Brexit, as the Government has so far been unwilling to create visa schemes for specific sectors, so foreign workers can fill gaps in the labour market.

The energy supply chain is incredible weak in many countries and if we have a very cold winter I can see many businesses being forced to close as the Government prioritises domestic heating supply.

How many energy companies are Government going to bail out ?  Only the biggest can survive the massive increase in wholesale prices.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Boris Johnson says issues facing energy companies and problems with supply chains are down to "the global economy coming back to...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Looks like the 3 Day week and power cuts may be back

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

Alok Sharma, Minister of State in the Cabinet Office and the UK's COP26 stool pigeon, was on the Marr Show yesterday, reiterating the government's...
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Fears are mounting about the consequences of soaring wholesale gas prices - up 70 per cent since last month - that are sending providers to the wall...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

From Bloomberg yesterday.

'Joe Biden has too many domestic priorities to find time to negotiate a trade deal with the U.K., Prime Minister Boris Johnson said ahead of a meeting with the American president in Washington on Tuesday. '

Johnson also says he would rather have a good deal than a quick deal.

I can't post a link, sadly, it seems to have some kind of blocker.

I suspect that the US have told UK, that there will be no trade deal on the table for years and that the US wants to see the  UK fully implementing the Brexit agreement with the EU including the Northern Ireland protocol.

US has always strongly supported Ireland and they won't sign trade deals with UK, while the UK is acting in a way that looks like they cannot be trusted.

Get ready for a UK general election in 2022, as Boris may decide to take the risk to go early, rather than wait until 2023 or 2024, as by then the situation could be a lot worse. Could you imagine getting to 2024 with no trade deals that are in UK interests, no Brexit dividends and tax increases.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Speaking ahead of his first White House summit today, Mr Johnson said a number of longstanding trade issues had been resolved, such...

Is there a bit of your post missing, UB or have I missed something subtle?

It will be interesting to see what happens about the timing of the next election. You're predicting a bit earlier than a lot of the commentators who are talking about 2023 at the moment.

Nothing missing and not being subtle.

Government appear to have briefed media that they will table legislation to hand back power to the PM to call General elections at a time of their choosing. This was reported by several TV channel political correspondents.

Boris likes to play politics as a game and he will see that as time moves on, he will become less and less popular, as will the Government. Recent polling is showing decline in approval ratings.

Hence why Summer 2022 may be seen as a good time to hold an election. Before the National Insurance and other tax increases start to hurt peoples standards of living. Leave holding an election until 2023 or 2024 is very risky as by then Government could be very unpopular. 

UK will need to at some point make a large number of work visas available to migrants, in particular to pick agricultural crops.  Farmers have lost a lot of money in 2021, as their crops have not been picked and supplied to shops.  lack of migrant labour to pick crops and lack of drivers to pick up/deliver to wholesalers/shops.  Government cannot allow a repeat in 2022, so will issue visas to migrant workers and this will be unpopular to some who voted Brexit.

Boris's face when being interviewed today..  When project fear becomes project reality !

UK as an independent country will have to invest hundreds of billions to upgrade all of the important infrastructure  that is required. This will take a very long time.  The new nuclear power station being built in Somerset will not be generating any power until 2026 at the earliest and that is very optimistic as only about a third of the site has been built.

Some of the protections the UK had as part of being in the EU are no longer there.  EU  countries will look after their own interests in regard to energy supplies, with no obligations to the UK, as they are no longer part of the EU club.

• Sad 1

looks like a generator is next purchase for me.

• I agree 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

2 hard interviews.  Laura Kuensberg BBC and Beth Rigby Sky News.  Held on his visit to the US.

A generator may be a worthwhile purchase, if there is any left in stock !

Candles and wind up torches will also be very popular purchases.

• Like 1

This Twitter thread is enlightening on gas prices. HMG has removed some of the evidence that was published, including its own papers.

It let Centrica get rid of a lot of gas storage to increase profits and the UK's stocks are far lower than France, Germany and Italy. So burbling on about wholesale prices is to ignore a significant part of the problem.

A historical context from Dr North shows this has been ongoing for at least 16 years, regarding storage capacity.

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

In February 2006, in the midst of a hard winter, we were experiencing problems with our gas supplies. On the 16th, therefore, the issue was...

• Like 1