Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Don't know what the stock levels of shops in France is like, but I have family in Spain, who say that there are no empty shelves there.

Yes covid has probably hit production, but the UK appears to be suffering more because of the shortgage of labour due to Brexit.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No empty shelves reported in France.

The only time recently was at the beginning of the pandemic when people didn't know how things would go, but there were no shortages of loo rolls or other stuff to speak of. Some of the supermarkets had a bit of a run on pasta and soap, the small shops didn't run out at all.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Home secretary accused of breaching the ministerial code again.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Home Secretary Prite Patel held a secret meeting with a billionaire and British Airways - Labour is demanding a probe as she is accused of a...

The whole Cabinet is in need of removal, there is no democratic process, the whole Covid situation is serious, but as in France Covid Passports so easily morphed by Entrust to a CCP style Social Credit Digital ID/Pass  are sinister and counterproductive, but Klaus Schwab and WEF have told the Davos set what they must do so expect more restrictions but gradually moving over to Carbon Zero rather than Covid.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Home secretary accused of breaching the ministerial code again.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Home Secretary Prite Patel held a secret meeting with a billionaire and British Airways - Labour is demanding a probe as she is accused of a...

She's claiming that it was a 'private matter' that her and quasi-moronic attended

.. so depending on the content, - could it be treason?

If not 'official', what were mutiple ministers doing there? - I don't think anyone believes it was 'just a free lunch' ...

Mind you, Johnson the incompetent oathbreaking liar (IMOb - In My Observation) has Totally trashed any remaining credibility the UK had to hold or ask anything at cop26:

At the start of August, 'Boris the Liar' assured the UK public, and the world, that the Australia trade deal would “reaffirm commitments to multilateral environmental agreements, including the Paris Agreement”
.. just as three of his cabinet ministers were agreeing to “drop both of the climate asks” just to get the already 6x better for Australia than the UK trade deal “over the line”.

It seems the UK ministers simply offering a six times better benefits for Australia than the UK ministers required for the UK .. obviously wasn't good enough for Australia - or perhaps our negotiators really ARE that bad - sack em.
- lets hope that in this one case Johnson Oathbreaker doesn't change his normal behavior and DOES renege on this deal too.

Oh and got to this page after clicking on the unread post star HB suggested as the last page option gave Uh Oh

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

People are waking up to the implications of some aspects of Patel's new bill that was voted through in the Commons. Removing or restricting the right to protest is completely wrong.

I can see why they want to do this because there could be a lot for ordinary people to protest about soon, including the reduction in Universal Credit and food shortages, but every other government has lived with demos.

This is not the only thing wrong with the bill by any means.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

More than 350 groups join peers in challenging home secretary over ‘attack on democratic rights’ as legislation enters Lords

• I agree 1

Perhaps Boris and Pritti are fans of the way China controls public order.

I think it's fair to say that they criticise other countries that do this kind of thing.

ETA: The article linked to in the one about Patel's bill is worth a read as well.

This quote is scary 'This power effectively grants a minister the ability to suppress the kinds of protests that he or she does not like or agree with.'

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Ministers will have the power to suppress any protest they don’t agree with, says Joshua Clements

It also allows police to seize a truck or a campervan parked in a layby, same as a Traveller under the Intent To Reside bit.  A trucker pulls up in a layby, he/she is out of hours so MUST take a mandatory 11 hour break.  The Layby has a 2 hour waiting limit, but driver must remain beyond that time due to being few decent overnight facilities these days.  As they intend to reside overnight or through the day beyond the time limit, the Intent To Reside test is satisfied, a local Neighbourhood Watch worthy complains, and the Police can then arrest the driver, and seize the truck when they refuse to move under Priti-useless's pet Bill, same as if a gypsy or Traveller.

Same will now apply to the  rod fishermen on Colwyn Bay promenade, there is a no overnight stay for caravans and campervans there.  the fishermen use capmervans parked all night in the restricted area, the Council was always giving them hassle,  when they were sat by the railings rod over it, now Priti's Bill will allow the police to take their campervans and arrest the fishermen.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

all intended to allow ministers opinion to both 'interpret' and be above UK law

- fully intended to breach/bypass the independence of Judiciary , and a step further than simply appointing senior Judiciary as an arm of the ruling 'executive'

= dictatorship

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Good example, BN, it hasn't been thought through.

David Blunkett also wrote about this from the perspective of an ex-Home secretary in April. He thought the bill was badly drafted but I don't know if it's been tweaked since then.

He also said the police are being asked to make high level decisons/given too many powers and that it could set them against the public and threaten policing by consent.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The proposed police and crime law is so badly drafted that it should unite people from across the political spectrum, says former home secretary...

I agree, TJ, it's very authoritarian. Worrying stuff.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Priti-useless will get another backlash when a dumb copper arrests some Stobart driver's or drivers from some high profile company  on their mandatory 11 hour break under Intent to Reside as couldn't get to a truckstop in time Can see a driver's strike and some legal action from the Companies on that one; Its bound to happen the way the Police have been interpreting Covid rules, so they will be emboldened to use Intent To Reside, because they can.

• Sad 1
  • I agree 1

symptoms of a weak government .. as perfectly exampled in their surrender in the Australia deal negotiations

A strong and confident government would have got both a better deal and which included the environment protections they were obliged to include .. and tried to claim they had.

Walking away from a bad Australian deal would have shown more competence and strength

.. but this government does seem to be in the habit of forcing through really crap deals and simply say they are 'great' doesn't it?

• Sad 2

The Tory Legacy

Going back to the protest part of the bill, I think it could be used against Steve Bray, the anti-Brexit man outside Parliament. Even if he stops shouting vociferously, I think he could be deemed to be worrying, I forget what the term in the bill is, and removed.

They could cart Steve Bray off to jail under that Act HB

they could cart anyone off who is 'interpreted' by Patel to be causing her annoyance or disturbance  .. as defined by her

Well Patel annoys and offends me no end - so arrest her before she finds out Raducanu (and both her parents) weren't born in the UK  and fast tracks her on a deportation flight to Jamaica

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

that was the point HB :-)

"before she finds out Raducanu (and both her parents)"

Although i really should have put Emma Raducanu

The Tory Legacy

Boris's Business Brexit dividend is an increase in costs.

WWW.CITYAM.COM

UK businesses and consumers have paid 42 per cent more in customs duties on goods since Brexit came into force on 1 January of this year, according...

The follows on from the recent news that the additional adminstrative costs faced by businesses added up to over 6 billion

Cannot see there being a Brexit dividend within the next 5 years.

And rather than £350 miilion a week for the NHS, people are having to pay 1.25% additional National Insurance, plus see a larger increase in Council Tax.

Brexit going well Boris ?

Johnson’s tunnel to Ireland ends up a 'ditch

It is not yet known how much public money has been wasted on considering the PM’s “world’s most stupid tunnel”

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Scheme branded ‘world’s most stupid tunnel’ by former aide Dominic Cummings

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Seems like Johnsons crew are already confusing their reasons for dropping the Valneva vaccine contracts

First it was that Vaneva 'breached the supply agreements'

- best endeavors? Wont rather than will breach EU agreements and sneak doses to Australia to buy a trade deal?

Then it was 'commercial considerations'

- whats that? aren't they Tory donors?

Now its that the regulator would not approve a pretty traditional type vaccine (which seems to be doing quite reasonably in testing)

- Whys that then? Why hasn't the regulator made a statement?

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Britain cancelled its contract for about 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine being developed by France's Valneva in part because it was clear...

"There are commercial reasons that we have cancelled the contract, but what I can tell her is that it was also clear to us that the vaccine in question that the company was developing would not get approval by the MHRA here in the UK," he said in response to a question from a Scottish lawmaker.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Boris 'Incompetent liar' Johnson:

“I said last year we’re the Saudi Arabia of wind." 

... (I'm sure he meant wind and wee)

"Probably the Saudi Arabia of penal policy too, under our wonderful home secretary.” 

.. ( ..well ... no doubt he meant puerile policy, despite them both certainly being total dicks - but whichever - yep, largely .. yep)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Cronyism at its worst

new 'Culture' minister that throws 'woke' insults at anyone who holds a differing opinion ,, and this

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Ministers restarted interview process for Ofcom job after former editor considered ‘unappointable’

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Second attempt to make former Daily Mail editor chair of media regulator hits stumbling block

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Government starts process from scratch, allowing PM’s favoured candidate second chance at job

The Tory Legacy

A few choice quotes:

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy